Universal AirTycoon Online (By TRADEGAME Lab)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by junani119, Mar 16, 2013.

1. peevee

peevee Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Nice game that is almost unplayable due to the 2 hour time turns

I have been plating AirTycoon since the first version came out some years back. Its been one of my favorite games.

I recently bought the hd version, as well as this online version. I love both though I love the online version more. But I there is one SERIOUS shortcoming and that is the time between turns.

* I find the online version close to unplayable due to the two hour timelapse between turns. Two hours.... after finetuning schedules and making little changes, what is there to do for the remaining 90 minutes??? It may work for someone who is at work who needs something to pass a boring day, but for a gamer that wants to play the game, its a huge shortcoming. An hour, or less would be better.

* There should be more channels, reflecting a variety of options. Different decades, (including a current one) different times between turns, and different amounts of players. Two channels are too little. Is it diffuclt to program different channels that have 40min/1hour/2hour/3hour slots. The current 2 channel option is too limiting.

I have read the response of having shortened the time from three to two hours from the developer, but unless the time issue is resolved, this game will not get good (real) reviews, reflective of the actual playability, rather than people wanting free credits. Most people would prefer an hour as a standard, for sure!

Please consider some of these suggestions, as currently, having 2 hours between turns seem complete torture..

2. jasp25

jasp25 Active Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I thought 2 hours was too long until I realized that I could register 3 usernames and join 3 different channels (new channels open up after 350 users is reached) now with 3 games going and a lot of routes two hours doesn't seem so much longer as it used to be!

3. peevee

peevee Member

Mar 29, 2013
    #63 peevee, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    Now lets see...

There are 720+ turns per campaign. (playing out over 60years) It takes 2 hours per turn, 12 turns per day, so one game takes, what... 2 months of real time to finish?

Even at half that time, i.e. 1 hour, it will take a month to finish...

Sorry to be blunt, but that is nothing short of absurd...

4. brooklynbound

brooklynbound Active Member

Jan 9, 2011

Agreed.

5. peevee

peevee Member

Mar 29, 2013
    #65 peevee, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    Ive played it for a day and its been great fun! But thats it for me. There is no way that I could maintain the stamina for a 60 day marathon. One full day and I am exhausted. We are in 1971 somewhere and the maps look like piece of threaded fabric with thousands of routes after a 'year'. My brand new ipad stutters at the amount of routes when scrolling. Day1 turn 14 - who knows what it will look like by turn no 700 something on day 60?

I am curious to see how this simulation will hold out over such a long period. Someone just tell me, I wont hang around to see for myself. My limited logic tells me there is no way it can sustain itself over 700+ plus turns. Game rooms, each with different scenarios and a various timeframes will be great. Playing a decade at a time... 10 years ... 70s 80's etc, limited to 50 competitors each game lasting no more than a week in real time. That would be serious fun, and the app will be immensely more popular.

Ive played for a day and a bit and have come out at the top for most of the day, and dont feel like playing any longer. Its just way too crowded in that channel even if Im winning. Cant imagine how discouraging it must be to be at no hundred and seventy something.

But Ive kinda had enough already, I cannot wait weeks and months for new planes to come out and the the scenario to unfold whilst there are a squilion routes to obscure never heard of places in the middle of nowhere and I dont feel like joining a new channel, only to repeat one year of the same scenario all over again.

in the regular version of this game, one has half the cities and a handful of AI's here you have double the cities and exponentially the amount of competitors. Where is the fun in that?

No one is going to compete in a channel for weeks and weeks on end against 200 other competitors. People want quick fast paced games lasting a day or two. A week at the very most. They want to have fun and feel like they have a realistic shot at winning when the flag drops. The way the channels are set up just slowly kills the game for everyone.

Im pretty sure there are some other gamers out there who will have similar feedback.

Please developers... This has the potential to be one of the best games of the year - its a fantastic game with a fantasic concept. Dont spoil it by torturing the users with impossible odds and impossible expectations.

6. jasp25

jasp25 Active Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I agree 300+ users is way too many. It's impossible to compete if you join turns after everyone has already established their routes. You'd have no shot of making it to the top.

7. brooklynbound

Jan 9, 2011
    #67 brooklynbound, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    Developers,

I know we're throwing a lot of criticism, complaints, and suggestions at you rapid-fire, and I think we all understand that this is a new game and it will take a while to sort everything out. Maybe if you even just let us know you've heard our feedback and are actively working on things, it'll help assuage our current feelings.

Thanks!

8. alpha999

alpha999 Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I have a different opinion. 2 hrs is about the only good term for everyone. Some people always think it's short. I have 900 routes now and need to buy a lot of planes and slots. 2 hrs is far too short for me (considering buying planes and slots have quantity constraints and they take 10-20 mins!)

What I think a possible solution is to split the 70 year game into several periods (plus one go thorugh all 70 yrs). Users can choose which "era" to play. You can even design themes to each channel (you know, having different themes will bring users back because the expierence will be different). Then each game will take less time to complete. I don't think many players can play to the end of 70 years at one time. I've played 20+ years in my channel and I have 900 routes now. I can't imagine how big each "alive" airlines will be at the end of 70 yrs. And those huge sized fleet and routes will make them unmanagable in the 2 hrs turn.

9. junani119

junani119 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Firstly, thank you so much for your all opinion!

We are always watching them and studying how we can make it more better game what most of users can be satisfied.
    As our initial players know, the time was 3 hours and we had so many request to shorten 2 hours or less so we did as 2 hours as is..
    Actually we wanted to develop a game to play not very short time playing but play with user's composure..
    We know there are many users who want to play more shorter than now but 2 hours turning time is the maximum value we think because please kindly consider world wide users..everyone has to sleep at least 6 or more then 3 or more turns we can't play during the sleeping if we play all the time except the sleeping.

Sorry, if my Eng was good, i would explain our development purpose..

FYI, we are preparing bug fixed updated version now hope to be released within 10 days max.

Again thank you so much for your playing ATO:)

10. brooklynbound

Jan 9, 2011
    If possible, please change the Concorde in the next update. It was considered an elite aircraft to fly on, so the class of service should be business instead of economy.

Also some of the other aircraft need to be changed. McDonnell Douglas stopped making the DC-8 in 1972, which doesn't happen in the game. Also, Boeing never stopped making the 737, which you have taken out of the game (or at least the -100 and -200 versions.)

11. jasp25

jasp25 Active Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Another suggestion for the admin, perhaps if you can please consider setting "USER'S ROUTE" as default display instead of the current "ALL PLAYERS' ROUTE". I am sure most other users can relate with me on the stuttering the default setting makes on their devices.
    I'm using a 4th-gen iPad and I notice the stutter, I can imagine the slower speed on older devices.

Thanks!

12. peevee

peevee Member

Mar 29, 2013
    thank you for hearing us.

After having much to say about the 2 hrs being too long, I have to agree that it becomes considerably more difficult to manage everything as the game moves forward and ones routes starts to increase beyond 30.So I concede 1 hour would not be practical.

But the overall 720 turns gametime really is too long. I like the idea of having a shorter period, with different decades as suggested by a previous comment. The pace of the game could be a lot faster.

but... dont get me wrong... this is perhaps the most interesting and complex game Ive played on ipad so far. I love it. Keep up the good work and keep on improving.

13. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Doesn't support jailbroken devices? :S

14. junani119

Dec 6, 2012
    Sorry..ATO is not supported with jailbroken device..

15. junani119

Dec 6, 2012
    For your suggestion, you can see your routes only if you use the button under the credit. Am i misunderstood your suggestion?

16. junani119

Dec 6, 2012
    Thank you for your kind understanding!

After finished the update as user can have airports, we will try to diversify channel such as short term playing and short turning time and so on..
    We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with ATO:)
    Thank you!

17. jasp25

jasp25 Active Member

Mar 18, 2013
    #77 jasp25, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    Yes, but loading all routes automatically when the game opens taxes on many devices and considerably slows many devices. I see the button that you are talking about but I think it will be more efficient if the default setting of the game shows only the USER routes and displays other players route only when the button is pressed. What I meant to say, how about we switch the button so that it will show all the player routes when you press it so it doesn't stutter the game when it initially starts??

It's a minor suggestion but perhaps some thing the developers might consider in future updates.

18. junani119

Dec 6, 2012
    Fully understood what you mean! I will discuss with our dev team.
    Thank you!

19. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Why not just incorporate an online mode into an Airline Tycoon game which includes a SINGEPLAYER mode? Ehh, this isn't the original Airline Tycoon developer anyway.

20. alpha999

alpha999 Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I'd even want the button switch between 3 modes: show ALL routes, show USER routes, and show NO routes. Because my own routes is over 900 now and that already slows down my device. In most cases I just want to change to another city in the map, but that's really slow on my ipad mini