Universal Alien Tribe 2 - A 4X Real-Time Strategy Space Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ritter, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

ASO my friend ;)
    (App store optimisation)

2. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    I've only played thought the tutorials so far and it seems pretty cool. I can't make it past the last tutorial though, it keeps crashing just after I start the attack. I'm running it on an ipad 3 running the latest ios if that makes a difference.

3. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    So i have reached a point of detente with the AI which I guess is a good thing in a 4x game but I'm not sure how to break the impasse. I have fully colonized my home system and have built a defense array around its galaxy entrance of like 8 railguns, 3 missile launchers and 2 lasers. There is an energy distributor, repair station, and a few collectors in that little hive as well. It's basically self sufficient against the maloc attacks but consumes a high amount of energy to do so.

Now I found the 2nd solar system but it's far enough away that I need 5 pipelines to get there and every time I start to build them out, the enemy destroys them pretty quick. And I can't really afford to build a defense network out the entire length of this pipeline array.

So what next? I'm at 70% on my ark and haven't found a new piece in a long time so I suspect I need to do something different. Should I just start exploring every inch of the galaxy?

4. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    So tempted by this, but I've been so burned by IAP lately that I'm gunshy whenever it appears... Any more comments from players on how it plays into the game?

5. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    There are three ways to find a new solar system:

First: Check the missions / quests. If you solve the right quest a new solar system will show up as a bonus :)

Second: Another way is to do research in the research center for galactic sight.

Third: The last way is too use a research ship. Or better two. But this can be tedious.

6. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    That wasn't what I asked, but thank you anyway :)

7. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Thanks for the impressions guys! I will be grabbing this after all the comments!

8. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    $7.50 in the Australia store.

Not a chance and those prices.

9. valkyre

valkyre Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    It was available for half the price the last days. I think even for $6.99 it is good price because I already played it for more than 6 hours. And I am sure I will play it more the next days.

10. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Definitely. I hadn't realized it was on sale, but I'd still buy it at full price if I hadn't already. Or you could always look for a bargain bin $1 or free game that scratches that itch. Although I check the AppStore for 4X games regularly and there aren't any like this.

Has anyone found a good solution for starvation? I tried terraforming but it didn't produce much food so I had to abandon my colonies that didn't have a natural food source.

11. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    That promo video sure looks nice. I'm going to put this on my watch list. I'm very interest but I would like to see more feedback first.

12. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Unfortunately I'm at a stopping point with the game. I'm at 4:46:59, so very far along with this current game, and the cloud enemies that are coming at me can shoot me from significantly farther away than my missile launchers and heavy railguns can reach them. So I can see them (thanks to upgraded Galactic Sight), but I can't hit them, and they are systematically destroying my galaxy infrastructure.

My assumption is that the game has some kind of time-based scaling of enemies and I've been playing this particular game too long. Would appreciate any feedback from the devs, as this is currently unwinnable.

13. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    I will ask the main developer but I think you should use energy collectors! The suck out the energy of the clouds.

14. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    I hope you have a solar storage in your solar system? If not get one asap. Another "trick" is to slow down the production of the all other resources except food on a specific planet by tapping the other resource icons on the planet menu. Under each resource icon are white dots. Four white dots means very fast production, zero means no production.

15. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Energy collectors have an effective range of about 10% of the guns on the clouds. They are long destroyed before the cloud gets anywhere's near them.

16. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Thanks for the tips and tricks. I hadn't thought about scaling down production of other resources to boost food, I shall try that.

17. Ukando

Ukando Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    #37 Ukando, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Hi Havelcek,

I am the main developer of the game. The first update is published. The tutorial crash, the german tutorial button texts and some other issues are corrected.

The Ci'Tan Energy Beings (the name of the cloud enemies at the missions) develop further from generation to generation with a small random value for extended maximum age.
    When they get older, they get more size, more attack distance and more damage. I never assumed the energy beings getting too strong.

Let me get this right: the problem is the extended attack distance only?
    So would it be better to set this to a maximum value?

Thanks to all here. I read your posts with great interest.
    Stefan (Dev, Programmer, Code Monkey)

18. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Hi Stefan, thanks for the response. You are exactly correct, it's the extended attack distance. If you let your game run to the 5 hour mark, then zoom your galaxy view all the way out, you can see that the clouds have roughly 1 inch farther range than the missile launcher. So I would suggest that they are capped as you say so that the player can hit them.

19. Ukando

Ukando Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Thank you Havelcek,
    I will change this in the next update.

Have fun,
    Stefan

20. valkyre

valkyre Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Wow! Five hours for one game is really good. Which difficulty level do you play and what's how many arkship parts have you already found in percent?