Universal Aliens Versus Humans (by Leisurerules Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Nov 24, 2011.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looking forward to the update, which has to happen just after my iDevice crashes. Hopefully Aliens Versus Humans will get more well deserved attention.

2. Boomwolf

Boomwolf Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Texas
    Hi! I was a beta-tester for the update, and I'm also composing some original music for AvH 2's further updates, and I can tell you the upcoming Update is a DIFFERENT GAME ENTIRELY (A TRUE "X-COM"- like Experience For IOS!)

These guys have spent two years making a great game, and deserve to be rewarded for their effort.

Also, if anyone wants to hear the music I made for the game, just go to the link on my facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151240659649245

3. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Will the original app be updated too so we get the whole experience?

4. aliensvshumans

aliensvshumans Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Yes it will. Once Apple reviews and approves, 2.0: the onslaught will appear as an update for everyone that bought the original.

Al(ien)

5. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Have you had any word about when this update will be approved??

6. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Looks like the update should start to migrate through the various AppStores on Thursday. Possibly Wednesday depending on what timezone you're in.

Al(ien)

7. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Am I being too forward by saying I love you? J/K

Can't wait for the update!

8. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    The Onslaught should hit the AppStore soon. Please send us feedback.

Thanks...

Al(ien)

9. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Wow. I'm blown away with how much like xcom this is now. Thanks for all your hard work!

I've only played for a few minutes but I'm amazed with the amount of progress this app has had over its lifetime :)

10. MarcusQT3

MarcusQT3 Active Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Wow this update is pretty awesome. It's so much like xcom and it's awesome. Pick this game up now if you like Xcom even a little bit.

11. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Amazing update! I left my written review and hope others will too, as the game deserves the stars and rating count recognition!

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey guys, AMAZING UPDATE!
    thanks a lot for give us (X-Com/UFO lovers) this masterpiece, and for keepin' it alive trough all this months!!! ;)

13. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Awesome update, there is so much content it's almost overwhelming. I don't really know what I should be doing when the game first starts( talking about onslaught ). Any tips on where I should start? Also, how critical is it to lose a soldier, are they easily replaced? Thanks for the great game, wish you success.

14. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    woah, this one sneaked under ma radar!

purchased, no brainer and especially on the strength of almost entirely universal positive reviews.

tis a shame the gallop bros have not graced the appstore with their talent but this will do nicely!

15. Ssylex

Ssylex Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
    What the... how did I miss this one? The update looks just like X-Com!

Downloading!

16. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    the new update is so good. love it.

17. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    CoreyB:

Choose any land location for your first base. Being from Canada, I usually choose central North America. Name your base. You're now in the Bases screen. I strongly recommend to touch Geoscape and start with the interactive tutorial found in the help menu. That should help your guys survive their first mission. Once you have the basics on how to walk, look, shoot and throw, you're ready for your first mission.

From the geoscape, go to bases. From the bases screen, choose purchase/hire. Flick to the bottom. Buy 6 night vision goggles. You also might consider buying some flares and some grenades.

Touch ok. Touch the Geoscape button. In the bottom right corner, make time pass faster (touch 1 day). Hopefully, you'll get a message telling you your gear has arrived before your first alien event. If the gear arrives, go back to the Bases screen, touch soldiers and for each soldier, equip them with night vision goggles. I usually only take 6 soldiers per mission so that's why I suggested buying 6. Assign gear to each soldier and your soldiers to the SkyHopper. Touch ok. Touch geoscape.

Touch "1 day". In a moment, you'll detect your first alien event.

When you detect your first event, touch "ok - 5 secs".

Because you're new, I recommend touching Options, then touch save, then choose a save location. Type in "before first mission" and return back to the geoscape. This way if you totally wipe on your first mission, you can load from this game and try again.

Flick the Earth to find your base (if necessary). Touch your base, touch "SkyHopper", touch the orange X (the alien event). It should say "Accept Craft Destination: Alien Activity". If it doesn't, touch no and pinch/zoom on the alien event. Touch the orange X again.

If the alert says "Accept Craft Destination: Alien Activity", touch Yes.

Your ship will now fly to the alien event. Touch "1 hour" to make the ship fly there faster. When it arrives, you'll get an alert "Would you like to start the mission?". Touch Yes. Read the mission preamble. Touch the arrow top right when ready.

You'll see a loading screen for a moment, then you'll be on your first mission. If you get all your soldiers killed, load from your saved game and try another strategy to winning the mission.

For night missions, use flares. Make sure your soldiers have night vision goggles equipped. Reserve time units so you can reactionary fire during the alien's turn. Use cover like trees, bushes, the landing gear of the craft. Don't stand in the open. Don't group up your soldiers as the aliens will lob in a grenade and kill you. Use proximity grenades to guard a perimeter. Use grenades at a distance to help light up parts of the battle field.

Al(ien)

18. FlyinJ

FlyinJ Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Is there a way to open doors without walking through them?

Also, is there any shooting down UFOs with interceptors in this, or are they all just random land-based activity events?

19. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    The only way to open doors is to walk through them (select the cell on the other side of the door and the soldier will open the door and enter).

With regard to UFOs, alien technology has improved since 1999. They no longer use primitive UFOs to invade Earth but now have the ability to teleport making UFOs unnecessary.

Al(ien)

20. FlyinJ

FlyinJ Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    That's a bit harsh as far as alien opportunity fire goes, isn't it. It would make it impossible to toss a grenade into a room without putting yourself in the room and absorbing opportunity fire.

Also, great dodge on the no flying UFOs, heh.

Other than the door problem, this thing is looking absolutely fantastic. Great job.