Alive 4-ever next update

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Meridian, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

You should make it so that you can pick up an item while guiding a survivor, instead of leaving the survivor, pick up the item, and then guiding the survivor again. Seems unnecessary.

2. Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Thanks for the backing. Are Aldex Oun an I a rare bread? Is this game really that hard to where you want to change it so much? If anything, allow for a wider selection of strategy for beating difficult areas, rather than just moving faster with the down, or picking up health packs during, or those damn portholes! haha

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It may be slightly more annoying, but I'm thinking that's the point. If you could do everything in one go there wouldn't be as much gameplay. The game wants you to drag out the levels a little bit, actually get some survival going on.

4. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    then don't play them!!

not to be a complete ass, but that is really just useless feedback.

5. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    I agree completely. I want a game like this to be challenging. If it's not challenging, where's the sense of accomplishment when you beat it. If no one or only a very few can beat a game, then maybe it's too hard, but if most people can beat it, it's just fine. I've beaten every level and all but three challenges of the single plater and didn't find it very tough. Now if I could just figure out which two challenges (other than beat origin in 3 minutes) that I haven't beat. . . Anyway, if a game is too easy it's very boring. I don't like dieing in games, but I want it to feel like I will if I don't play well.

6. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think that the difficulty is fine as is. Cakewalk games are no fun. If the devs do decide to cater for those who want easier game, they should create multiple difficulty settings - "Easy, normal,hard". That way they will satisfy everybody. I don't think that suggestion of introducing an "easy" mode/setting in addition to the current one is "useless feedback".

7. Thorbjorn

Jul 5, 2009
    Developers, you really have to think, what is going to keep us playing this game after a week? As for right now, nothing really. After I got everything in the game, I said to myself, "done." it's a great feeling, but at the same time, it sucks, because I have no more awesome game to play. I even felt the same with Zenonia. I have no desire to play that game again, after beating it once. I think this is a huge challenge for developers, but I think this game has a shot at it, as opposed to just making a whole new game, like gamevil did with eternal whisper.

8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I've also finished every mission and every challenge except for the kill origin one...the only thing right now keeping me playing is grinding for XP so I can level to the cap and get that origin challenge.

This is why we need a story with A to B missions insterspersed with the kill X number of zombies, etc. I would love to see this encompass a multi update storyline that has us travelling to different cities to do different missions, etc.

This game definitely has long term potential.

9. ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

٩๏̯͡๏)۶ Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    WTF?
    Among You!
    I too am stuck on the origin mission. The game is great btw and will be even better with the survival mode.

10. Thorbjorn

Jul 5, 2009
    I beat origin with the time bonus at level 27. You need to use the SR, Wire Gloves, and any other equipments. The SR because it shoots through zombies and has great range, therefor you can shoot through the Zombies, and into the eyeballs. Also, focus on one or two eyeballs at a time, until they are gone, and don't run around the origin, unless you need to. With the SR, you can actually stand between two eyeballs, and hit both with out moving, because of the range. That way, you don't have to run up to one, then run back to the other. Repeat this until all eyeballs are gone, then you can run around the origin while shooting into the center. Avoiding Zombies is cake at this point, because you just step back, and let the SR range and penetration abilities take over.

Suggested other equipments are strength, HP, ammo, or more reload.

With this strategy, you can take out the origin in 3 minutes or less.

11. Tarcin

Tarcin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    Make wifi multiplayer too! I love this game but that would really just steal the show! If you do that it would be a #1 for sure! Plus I love the idea of survival mode :)

12. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I'll have to give that a whirl then...I'm using the sniper rifle, but different equipment. The 3 minute thing is the only challenge I have left.

13. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I beat it easy :D, just shoot all the freaken eyes with all the best equiptment you have

14. toffee008

toffee008 Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Online Multiplayer would be AWESOME!!!!

15. dolly

dolly Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    So, I picked this one up the other day and it is a great game. But I have a 1g iPod touch without blutooth. Many people are stuck with those you know. Please add local wifi multiplayer so we can play with friends!

16. dommur

dommur Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    pm me ill tell u
    i am thinking on buying Alive 4-ever but already have minigore, should i get it or is it basically the same

17. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    its not gonna get you as many hours of joy as minigore bought but its worth a try i guess. once u finish the game you dont get compelled to click on it again

18. ksmith173

ksmith173 New Member

Aug 5, 2009
    How about raising the time limit on the multiplayer version of level 25? It seems to be impossible to rescue 6 people in the 3 minutes alloted on such a large map. Other than that, rock on. :cool:

19. XRay

XRay Member

Sep 11, 2009
    it's cool to add some level up skills and more weapons

20. kendoka

kendoka New Member

Sep 11, 2009
    #120 kendoka, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
    Some suggestions from a fan...

GREAT GAME!

Problem:
    The gameplay is really well balanced until you upgrade your characters too much, then only the bosses (lvl20 and 30) are tough.
    Suggestion:
    Add some extra (really hard) challenges that unlocks some hidden feature, example:
    Beating four levels in a row without using your main gun (i.e. just using a pistol) unlocks an extra mission/map.

Problem:
    The characters are too similar in gameplay.
    Suggestion:
    Limit access to weapon/equipment/abilities for different characters.

Problem:
    Finishing the whole game takes too little time.
    Suggestion:
    Only give a character access to the money/XP/maps that it has unlocked.
    I.e. you have to beat every map with each of the characters to really finish the game.

Problem:
    The random placement of civilians/vaccines/ammo/health can make a level *really hard* (i.e. civilians that need to be carried a long way) or *very easy* (i.e. civilians/vaccines that appear close to the exit point).
    Suggestion:
    Somewhat limit the "randomness". Make sure that at least one of the civilians that are to be rescued needs to be carried across the screen etc.

Problem:
    Some times it is better to leave civilians to die (in order to have time to finish challenges or getting rid of civilians that need to be carried).
    Suggestion:
    On rescue missions, the loss of a single civilian equals a failed challenge.

Problem:
    Some guns (M16...) are way too good.
    Suggestion:
    Nerf some guns.

Problem:
    Guns are too similar.
    Suggestion
    Add very, very expensive new weapons (MiniGun! Flamer! Rocket Launcher!) that are extremely powerful - but need special ammo and run out of it really fast - meaning you will have to rely on your backup gun while searching for more special ammo.

Problem:
    Some guns are rather useless (GL).
    Suggestions:
    Design levels so they require the use of special guns (i.e. a level needing a sniper rifle to pick off distant zombies, a level needing a GL to blow shit up).

Problem:
    Changing from main to secondary gun is seldom needed.
    Suggestion:
    Make some new challenges require the use of the pistol (i.e. "kill 10 xxx using the hand gun).

Problem:
    Characters on high XP get way too good.
    Suggestion:
    Give higher XP-players other benefits than better stats (such as the ability to carry three guns, access to one hand grenade/molotov cocktail per mission or similar).

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!