Universal All Glory to the Pixel King! - (by Steve O`Gorman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 15, 2013.

1. Hero211

Hero211 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Please add retina display iPad 3,4

2. TinyKitty

TinyKitty Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    House Elf
    3.3MB!! I'm buying it. My darn phone is almost full already with games and photos. Game play looks interesting and I actually like good pixel art. Looking forward to playing it tonight. Thanks dev for stopping by!

3. Hiraether

Hiraether Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    #23 Hiraether, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
    Play is basic, a 1-2 combo of TD build phase & Turn based strat.
    Building is intuitive, and forgiving. Spend all your coins haphazardly? Just start over for a full refund. It *seems* the $.99 IAP doubles your maximu budget, from 5k to 10k; however, I did NoT test the IAP.
    Battle is fun like old strategy Shining Force style. Each player takes a phase against a copy of other players fortresses as played by the computer. One might even end up fighting their own cloned castle & dudes.
    Fighting seems to be a rock, paper, scissors affair with the added fun of cannonpults, property damage, gates, motes, and more than my game would allow me to sample..

I crash after the first player phase, every time. I'll restart and try again... & 4x same problem. Unplayable on 3G as it is. Lots of potential here once it's fixed..

4. gormster

gormster Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Really sorry to hear about this crashing issue. Are any other 3G users out there having the same problem? Also, any details on the exact point of crashing will help a lot in getting it fixed. Is it as soon as the enemy turn begins, or does it happen during an enemy unit's action?

5. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    #25 B3NDoX, May 16, 2013
    This game has so much potential yet seems so basic.
    It's kind of like a glorified chess game.
    Here is thing I would love to see.
    Fix the crashing.
    The ability to play with Game Center friends!
    Maybe some better auto matching so I don't get over powered as much by extremely better players.

I rate it 3 stars for just how basic it is and how at the moment the IAP pretty much allows people to beat you straight up. But this game is an amazing concept and definitely a great addition to your app library

6. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Ipodtouch 5th crashing after 1st phase every time...unplayable basically. Fix and will rate 5 stars and this pixel art is my favorite. 2 stars for now.

7. clydebink

clydebink Member

Apr 1, 2013
    #27 clydebink, May 16, 2013
    On my 3gs it crashed when I attacked the enemy king with a swordsman, first try.

I can see the appeal of this game but it leaves a lot to be desired. A button that allows me to skip the enemy phase would be appreciated.
    I've only played to the end of one battle (I think. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen when you hit an enemy) but I can see the dream here.

Edit: just tried again and it crashed at the end of my first combat phase. I used a lot more units this time, the enemy map was on the left (my first game the enemy was on the right and it didn't crash until I hit the king.)

The game is currently unplayable for me.

8. ILikePopCans

ILikePopCans Member

May 16, 2013
    IPhone 4s here and it crashes on me too...

9. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Thank you for your patience, those of you suffering from the crashing bug. I have now identified the root cause of the issue and am aiming to have a fix completed by the weekend.

It appears to be partially dependant on map and unit layout during movement, particularly when lots of units are bunched up together, so for now try avoiding maps where you have encountered it before.

10. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Can you please add better ranking. Somehow find people within a coin radius of you

Also we need to be able to play with friends. That would make this 100x more enjoyable.

11. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    A request for the devs: could you add an option menu to toggle off in-game music and implement GC integration?
    Thx for all and keep up the good work you're doin' with this game!

12. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    #32 jamiejap, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    Yeah ! i like the Game but the Game misses a Lot of tuning. i play allways the Same castles again and again, and since a while the game crashes every time I use it. so there's a lot of work to do here, but there's also a lot of potential!

The crash started after the first castles somewhere in the middle of a fight. I got an iPad and a iphone4.

13. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    #33 gormster, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    Just to keep everyone in the loop, an update was submitted to Apple on Saturday which should clear up all of the major stability and crashing issues. Hopefully it will be approved and put live sometime in the next few days.

A lot of you have also asked about matchmaking, specifically that there needs to be more variety and less duplication when finding an opponent, so I have also made big improvements to this as part of the update.

Thanks for sticking with me during this tricky transition from a handful testers playing my game up to loads of people playing it worldwide!

Next on the agenda is better tutorials built into the game, and the first free content update; bringing you some new units to unlock!

>> UPDATE

The patch is now released! Had a bit of a strange incident this morning where iTunes was listing version 1.0.1 but still serving up the old version, so be sure to check the updates tab in the App Store if you still seem to be running the buggy version.

>> UPDATE 2

Although stability has been greatly improved, there may still be the odd issue or crash lurking in the game. I will continue working to hunt down these last remaining issues!

14. themensch

themensch New Member

May 23, 2013
    I dig this game, I find myself playing it an awful lot. It would be cool if clicking on a unit didn't commit it to moving/shooting, or if there was a way to undo dumb moves I might have made.

15. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    #35 gormster, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    A second patch has just been submitted to Apple which should fix a lot of the remaining crashing bugs. After that I can start working on some of your other requested features!

16. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    It could be a nice game, but the crashes are just to much. Can't play it really.
    The computer ai is very stupid, they all run to get my king. Hah. And let their king alone and unguarded. Otherwise the computer knows if he can get me and normally I have no real chance to fight against him men to men. I Allways sneak to his king to win. But it makes a lot of fun. It's a sort of game I would like to develop or make some design for it.

17. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    #37 gormster, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    Hey guys! Just thought I'd make a quick post on new and upcoming updates, as I know a lot of people here have been asking about improved matchmaking features. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

18. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    After lurking on this thread for a bit but never biting I got a promo code from the giveaways section. All Glory to the Pixel King (AGPK) is a streamlined title with ambitious concept. There are still a few bugs remaining. At one point my screen turned all black except for the enemy units/structures (no visible background, friendly/neutral structures, or friendly units) and another point an abandoned quit game confirmation banner seemed stuck on screen. Aside from those bugs the ability to craft your own building and then engage in turn based strategy battles to defend it is nice. The only other similar game I can think of is Battles & Castles. The UI is very straightforward and resource collection simplified making AGPK very accessible for casual sandbox play (which seems rare for turn based strategy games). There are a few things I wish would be considered like an ability to speed up or skip enemy movement/attack animantions or an undo move options (now if you click the wrong place you're stuck). AGPK seems worth $0.99 and I hope the developer can polish it a bit more. In some ways AGPK is revolutionary but others lacking. The heavy hitter material looks great. Also the low (3.2MB compressed) file size is nice.

19. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Stumbled across this game on Pockettactics

How have the Heavy Hitters, Fast Movers, and Warfare is Magic updates improved the game?

20. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Hi Bronxsta!

In addition to providing ongoing bugfixes and improvements to gameplay, the monthly content updates are there to keep the experience fresh for those playing the game! I aim to add 2 or 3 new units with each update, giving more choice on how to play the game.

Heavy Hitters added some tough 'tank' units, like the axe wielding warrior, to the game. Fast Movers largely speaks for itself, but also includes a sneaky unit that can run across water. Finally, the new Warfare is Magic update adds wizards to the mix with both offensive and healing powers.

Next update should be out sometime mid-September. Working title is 'Practical Solution'. After that I've got something very different planned for October and Halloween!