Universal Almost a Hero (By Bee Square)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 15, 2017.

1. ogre800

ogre800 Member

Mar 1, 2013
    It started up again so I'm not sure what the problem was there for a day or so. Working fine now.
    Thanks

2. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Agree on chests. Same for artifacts. I bought 10 slots and probably wouldn't buy anymore for now. I might have gone overkill with those 10 slots.

Not sure if you have the item from stage 62 that allows for offline stage progress. That's a needed item and don't have to focus on the game so much now.

3. ogre800

ogre800 Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Evolving Characters

Does paying to evolve characters change any of their stats or just fun to see their designs change? I hesitate to spend the precious scraps for it without knowing.
    Thanks

4. Pressi

Pressi Member

Nov 23, 2015
    They do indeed get a stat increase in health and damage

5. ogre800

ogre800 Member

Mar 1, 2013
    awesome! Thanks!

6. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    A little more feedback:

As for the idle aspect you cool allow more than 5 heroes in exchange for no tapping, maybe even with a -x% dmg denied to keep the dmg output in line with clicker players :)

I also do not like that enemies that were hit and should definitely die keep running on to the screen with like 1 hp. Pretty frustrating and time consuming especially early game.

Secondly there seems to be a delay of a few seconds after every stage which makes special attacks go to waste and just disrupt the flow of the game quite a bit. It would be very appreciated if this delay could be fixed.

Thirdly some skills are worded poorly. It's said that something will be improved but sometimes you do not know what exactly that is. It would also be really useful if you could see what a previously unlocked skill does when you start over and how many skill points get assigned automatically upon unlock.

Fourthly like the skill wording is sometimes unclear, the wording of equipment bonuses is extremely confusing. I have absolutely no idea what some pieces do. A tooltip would help with that.

And finally in regards to the gen and progression pace I have to agree with other posters that it seems a little bit to slow, especially for gems. As those give random rewards and are additionally needed for unlock of additional rube slots it's really hard to come by those. Another way of acquiring those would be great. I am also a huge fan of a monthly gem pack with daily rewards. ;)

Cheers.

7. batiali

batiali Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone. I'm regularly checking this forum and taking notes for future updates. Even when the comments are negative, it's extremely useful for us to learn.

Cheers!

8. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    I don't know if this feedback will help you or not, but hopefully it will. I downloaded and played for about an hour.

Progression and reward for effort seems to be slow. I'm watching a lot of videos to supplement my income (relying on it), and having already prestiged once and needing to redo the hero skills feels like a chore. It doesn't appear there are any rewards for prestiging except for more global upgrades to damage/gold/etc.

I suggest that when you evolve your heroes you get options for visual upgrades, so that when you prestige your heroes keep those visual upgrades (which also up the % of his or her stats or attacks or specials or whatever).

Best way I can think of that stays in theme and your current monetary scheme is to use chests. Purchase a chest and get an upgrade token you can use to upgrade a character's weapon/shield/armor/helm/amulet or something (so like an RPG you can equip them). Chests could also have a chance to drop rare, epic or legendary gear you can equip on certain characters if unlocked.

Then when you prestige and need to rebuy them again, they start with those upgrades.

There should also be an option to autoslot their skills if you want for certain characters (like a box or something you can check).

Games like War Tortoise are good examples of how this genre has evolved past Tap Titans, so it's a good idea to build on that momentum and not go backwards towards Tap Titans. Just some friendly advice.

Maybe you've got those things already and I wasn't patient enough to work at it. I have a ton of other things to distract me with during my not so endless free time these days so I'll keep an eye on updates and keep the game on my watch list. Good luck with your developing!

9. cabose12

cabose12 New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Love the game nad haven't put it down

Two things bother me a ton though. Not knowing the heroes adds a cool sense of mystery and motivates me to keep playing, but I would love to be able to look at the big list of the quest rewards and know that I unlock a hero here or unlock a rune here. Knowing what I can unlock further down the line might help people set goals rather than just blindly go through adventure or time challenges.

I would love to be able to look at a whole skill tree for characters in the encyclopedia. It's a little frustrating to be forced to level a character all the way up to learn what moves they have. I've noticed that characters are relaly well designed and seem to synergize well with certain other characters, but unfortunately that's a guessing game without being able to see all of a characters skills

10. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    I cant play anymore.. 2 or 3 days ago been disconnected from the game and tried to play again but cant play when i open the app it disconnect me again in seconds .. what can i do?

11. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Just wanted to let you know that I rerolled every artifact to hero DMg and have nothing of rings, as of my playstyle I described above. Works good enough in adventure but the 10th challenge is simply impossible to beat like that (even if I use my crappy ring on CD).

I hope this gets addressed as I do not even want to imagine how I will be locked out of completing other challenges in the future :/

Also despite the hotfix the game still freezes sometimes when I watched an ad (most Likely on a 10 gem ad) and I still do not get my rewards after I force quit it and reload it. Sucks :/

12. Critterbane

Critterbane New Member

Mar 27, 2017
    #32 Critterbane, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    *deleted*

13. Critterbane

Critterbane New Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Hi. I've encountered an issue after the latest update for the game. When I check the free chest, it just says "waiting for server". Is this a glitch? Thanks.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I am still playing this man I just got my fire ring today. I think I got to level 78 and prestiged then.

15. 61050

61050 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    i'm enjoying this so far. i love clicker/idle games, and this one seems right up there with the best of them. after reading through this thread, i think the only point i really agree with would be to have it so that the quest rewards can be known. it would be nice to see what i have to work towards. all in all though, i'm having fun with this. a 'quick progression' feature to skip earlier stages after a prestige would be handy too for when you've reached a certain point, although this is hardly a deal breaker. at any rate, keep up the good work here.

are there any different modes planned besides the time attack and adventure mode? just curious. :)

16. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    just picked this up today, not bad at all. pretty fun.

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    It gets better once you start evolving your guys which enhances there look too! Then you prestige later and all your guys keep everything.

18. thangveo

thangveo New Member

Mar 28, 2017
    I am still playing this now, had been playing it for like 2 weeks already. I am quite far in the game, currently stage 233. I unlocked 9 over 10 guys and loads of runes too! I also watched tons of video everyday to get the gems to open the rune slots too, haven't spent on this yet. This is a gem of a game, I just keep coming back to it.

19. Anomaly

Anomaly New Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Great Game

I have played for a week and have 9 out of 10 people. Most 2 stars and really flow easy through level 150. After there I grind to a hault because I get bored of tapping and money to level ratio slows up. I have noticed tho that every prestige money doesn't take as long to acquire. Anyways great game looking forward to what's next on the update. One last thing anyone got a lineup? I use Hilt, Sam, V, Lia, and Boomer Badlad. Around lvl 135 had them at lvl 14 a piece.

20. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    #40 maxbrickem, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    good to know, thanks! gonna keep playing - had to take a break from death road

wow just realized you don't have to click on the enemies to attack them ..