Universal Almost a Hero (By Bee Square)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 15, 2017.

1. thangveo

thangveo New Member

Mar 28, 2017
    I have Kind Kenny, Lia, Sam, V and Wendle, now at stage 235 I managed to get them all to level 19. I find that Wendle's special is great at one-shotting the bosses. Agree that progress had come to a halt a loooong time ago. I am trying to scrape by to get to the last hero - dunno where he might be down the road. Then I will prestige. How do you use Boomer? I do not like the fact that two of his specials make himself or a team member lose heath.

2. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #42 forsakenxe, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    In terms of progression I think the most important part is to be able to enhance your heroes, because at a certain point the enemy damage will be so high that the level of your hero does not matter, but from enhancing you get really high health and damage boosts, I have one epic hero already and you can feel the difference.

I mainly save up for 400 gem chests as I do not need anything from the normal chests now and rare chests are not worth it in my opinion. Once I evolved most of my heroes I will start investing gems into the rune parts, but not beforehand. Already got 3 legendaries out of the 400 gem chests, too.

My team is V, The apple guy, one of the tanks (whoever is enhanced better), the archer and the angry women. I mainly go for + gold as fast as I can and then focus on survival and damage. Highest stage is 250 something right now but I really need hero upgrades to progress.

Cheers.
    Oh yeah btw does anybody know where the last hero is to be acquired? Stage/challenge?

3. batiali

batiali Member

Dec 4, 2016
    That 10th hero portrait was a placeholder we forgot to remove.

And we forgot it again with the update...

:rolleyes:

There are currently only 9 heroes in the game. More is coming soon with new updates!

Thanks a lot for all the feedback everyone.

4. batiali

batiali Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Almost a Plan #1

For those who are interested with what's coming up next, here's first of our Almost Plans taken from our subreddit.

Content For End Game Players

Our first priority is to provide content for players that already hit the end game. One of the major issue we see for these players is that they reached max QP for artifacts and can not progress further. We already knew this would happen, but didn't think it would be so fast.

Let me be clear about our vision for AaH. There will be always a cap in the game for improvements. If this is not your thing & you always want to go further and further by constant grinding, it may not be your perfect game. What we want to see from players is how they use the tools they have in their disposal to make strategy and push the limits of the game. These caps will increase with additional mechanics with the updates but we are not planning to design a system where you can always grind.
    In this first of many updates to come, we are going to do 5 things.

• Increase the QP cap for artifacts a little bit.
    • Add 5 additional artifact slots.
    • The artifacts that you craft after your 30th artifact will be special Legendary+ artifacts. They will cost A LOT of mythstones, and there is no way to reroll them. They can be upgraded with a max. level cap though. These artifacts will provide really cool bonuses and will be essential for end game players to push limits of the game.
    • A couple of new unlock points for Adventure mode post 372.
    • A couple of new time challenges.

We believe these changes will give you a new playground to experiment until Almost a Plan #2.

QoL (Quality of Life) improvements

Our second priority is to make some QoL improvements for the game. We know that there are lots of players who is not a fan of the current one by one skill upgrading system. We're considering several different designs to make your life easier.
    There are many other smaller issues that we noted. Feel free to post your suggestion here.

Balancing Hero Skill Trees

This one is pretty straightforward. We tried balancing heroes so that they have their moment to shine in the game at one point. For the end game, this is not 100% sure for some heroes. We'll try to address this issue by making small tweaks in their skill tree.

Lastly, with this update plan, we're also going to fix some bugs that we're aware of. Also, there are couple of tutorial steps that we believe it's missing. It will be helpful to add these for new players.

I also added a couple of suggestions from this forum already. Thanks again for everyone leaving feedback & suggestions. Let me know what you think about the update plan.

5. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Just wanted to let you know that if your free chest needs 3:00:00 hours to be opened it's shown as 3:00 which makes it seem as if it only needs 3 minutes. This is quite confusing. May be happening for 2 and 1 hour(s) as well, but that's just me guessing. Hoping for a fix.

6. krillin63

krillin63 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Have you any advice to beat challenge number 10?!

7. PrincessBaby

PrincessBaby Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2015
    #47 PrincessBaby, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Just curious which ring you guys prefer? Also looking for advice on Challenge 10.... Loving the game and spending much too much time on it!!

Also, do you put your tanks in front? Does it even matter?

I have trouble saving for the Epic chest...I keep getting epic gear that I already have. I know it gives me orange shards for my trouble, but still disappointing!

Still have occasional glitches on ads where they don't play and game resumes (usually on a giant gold reward)

8. Galois

Galois Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    I really like clickers and am enjoying this quite a bit. One thing I would suggest, and maybe it's just me on this, but the red text used to display upgrade costs is incredibly difficult to read. I would suggest maybe more contrast between the background and the text colors.

It may be because I'm old and my eyesight isn't the best, so this may not be an issue for other players.

Great game! Keep up the good work!

9. batiali

batiali Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks for the comments! Glad you're enjoying the game. It's totally not just you. We've seen this red-text being hard to read comment from players mostly who has some level of color blindness (as they state). Not saying this would be your issue but we're totally going to take action on that.

We'll try to add better representation for it. Thank you for the suggestion!

10. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Once you've acquired one of each item, though, does it really matter? All artifacts from chests eventually just become "Scraps" in a different form.

I'm sure Epic chests are more 'cost effective' in terms of the scraps you get (and if you hit a Legendary it's definitely saving on the cost of using Scraps to upgrade it manually), but newer players should probably just stick with the Rare Chests (or freebies) until they have all 27 Hero items, then start saving up for the Epic chests.

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    When do you get the last ring? Is it the best one?

12. PrincessBaby

Jan 3, 2015
    Ice ring at level 122... Not sure which is best, would like other opinions on this subject!

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Ouch!

14. keetjin

keetjin New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    Not sure about other but i beat lvl 10 challenge with an ice ring with ice blast stormer and ice rage, heroes used were Lia and Bombdude.

Also beyond 285-ish is insanely hard, which is what got me hooked to this game. Usually we will only be able to complete 2-4 quest and we will be forced to prestige. And using that to buy artifacts so that we can go on, and the cycle continues, gold bonus is very important.

15. 61050

61050 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    who do i contact regarding not receiving gems after an iap? i got paid today and wanted to throw some cash your way, so i bought 3 of the five dollar gem packs. those went through fine, but ten minutes later i realized i was close to upgrading the old geezer to epic so i went in for one more of the five buck packs. it said 'purchase successful' but nothing happened. :(

i closed the game and loaded it again figuring it was a fluke or something and tried again... same thing. im afraid to try a third time. i really want my epic geezer though. how do i get my 10$ worth of gems?

16. batiali

batiali Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Sorry about this # Can you contact through the in game contact button(in hub-> settings) so we can help you asap? Cheers!

17. PrincessBaby

Jan 3, 2015
    I too had an iap purchase that did not give me gems, contacted support and was credited within the hour.

Thanks batiali!!!

This kind of support is rare and much appreciated!

18. batiali

batiali Member

Dec 4, 2016
    You are welcome, but no need to be thankful really. We're the developers of this game and it's our fault that this happens to some players from time to time. The least we can do is to provide quick support. Hope you got your compensation as well @61050

19. justdaniel

justdaniel New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    Some advice to improve player experience

Can I just say, what a brilliant game this is. Refreshing and addictive. Just a few things I thought about bringing up for the developers to consider.

1. Display of skills. I feel like it would be great to be able to see all the skills of any character (after each prestige, without levelling) once you've unlocked them (especially when you played for ages), even if you might need to level the character up to use them. Just unnecessary concealment really..

2. Lia's skills: For the increment in damage after every missed shot, does this stack? Or, like her other skill, it resets after every successful shot there after?

3. Time challenge 10. Way too difficult without spending tonnes and tonnes of money to try and "unlock runes"...Runes are hard enough to come by as it is, it is almost impossible to take this level..especially after level 9, really needs readjusting. It can render the time challenge pointless from then on and the player now goes back to only being able to play the adventure mode.

4. Alchemy crystals, please increase this a little more...especially at higher levels? Reaching pass 160, it is insanely hard to farm for more crystals (which is essential if you EVER want to progress). The cost of the crystals is so out of balance to the increment from prestige (Even with artefacts boosting this!). For a clicker game, so much grinding can really put players off..

Just some thoughts about the game. Good fun otherwise :D

20. batiali

batiali Member

Dec 4, 2016
    @justdaniel, huge thanks for the encouraging words! glad you're enjoying the game.

For 1, 3 & 4: all are valid points and we are working on solutions in the coming update (mid april). This update will also provide more content.

For 2: Lia's "Blind, Not Deaf" skill stacks while she misses, but whenever a shot doesn't miss, the bonus resets. This could be put to a great use with her ultimate which increases attack speed & miss chance. Lia is a bit OP atm, we're planing to nerf her a little bit in the update as well.

Cheers!