Universal Almost a Hero (By Bee Square)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 15, 2017.

1. justdaniel

justdaniel New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    @batiali, amazing! Thanks for the speedy reply!

Really looking forward to the updates!

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I got the ice ring boys! Its my fav so far lol.

3. keetjin

keetjin New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    Lvl 10 challenge isnt that hard, just get to the ice ring and you can get past it easily, i have yet to spend money on this game.

4. justdaniel

justdaniel New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    @keetjin, may I just ask how many artifacts did you have at the time and how were you able to use the ice ring to do it? As far as I can tell, the damage output is about the same on the flame and ice ring (Slightly better on the ice)..

5. PrincessBaby

PrincessBaby Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2015
    I'd like to know this as well...I only have one artifact on my ice ring and it doesn't seem to help. Still stuck on 10.

6. gingler

gingler Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Me three with the 10 challenge haha im already on adventure 240 and havent been able to beat that challenge :/

Btw loving the game!
    But maybe add some quick way to pass the lvls? When you restart?
    I mean i wouldnt have issues, but the enemies being alive at 1hp when they are off screen makes everything slow xD
    Maybe we could progress quickly with the green stones or even with diamonds.

Btw loving this game : >

7. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    The artifacts that you craft after your 30th artifact will be special Legendary+ artifacts. They will cost A LOT of mythstones, and there is no way to reroll them. They can be upgraded with a max. level cap though. These artifacts will provide really cool bonuses and will be essential for end game players to push limits of the game.

I really dislike the idea of not being able to recollection those special artifacts.

The only part of the progression for me at the moment (apart from watching ads for gems...) is to upgrade my artifacts to fit my playstyle (idle, e.g. +gold, +hero health, + X). I really like that i can progress via this method and that I do not have to click. If you, what I assume, add those super rare artifacts with +ring dmg or sth for the rings, they will be absolutely useless for me. As I will likely be saving tons of currency for those it would a very frustrating and disappointing moment to see those pop up.

Just a little opinion. Cheers.

8. justdaniel

justdaniel New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    @gingler, I've gotten pretty close and I'm pretty sure I know how to beat it now. In essence, you need to level up your hero's items, especially on the damage element. Once I make Sam's Axe legendary, he should be powerful enough to take time challenge 1. You'll also need to time your merchant deals well (E.g. when you use your hero's ultimate skill, add the 150% bonus and quickly use the refresh orb after).

Let me know how you get on

9. batiali

batiali Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks a lot gingler! Happy to see you're enjoying the game.
    Next update that's coming around mid-april will have a normal artifact effect called "Faster Waves"
    This artifact effect will do just what you suggested. Enemies will spawn A LOT faster and the wait time after boss will be almost skipped. So using time warp & auto tap will advance you really quickly.

Thanks for the opinion forsakenxe! Only one of these special artifacts will be based on ring power. Crafting of these 5 special artifacts won't be a big trouble, but upgrading them will be. So, if your playstyle is focused around your heroes & gold, you'll do just fine by investing on upgrading the other 4 special artifacts. Also, there will be new normal artifact attributes to help you with heroes. Let me know if this is okay for you. Suggestions are welcome.

10. forsakenxe

Oct 23, 2014
    #70 forsakenxe, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Thanks for your reply! That's comforting to hear. Of course a way to exchange/replace this 1 artifact for something useful for my play style would be very appreciated (or allow one two-off of a certain artifact), but I will take what I can get.

Finally 4 quick questions:
    1. I emailed you about ad issues I had and didn't receive a response, did you get my mail?
    2. Will the 1-hp enemies be fixed if they get killed of screen, but still wander on there? I mentioned this earlier and the guy you've quoted also asked).
    3. There is a mentioned of a "slow" effect on V's "weak point" skill but I do not think there is a slow skill yet?
    4. Any plans for quicker/more consistent gen acquisition methods to come?

Thank you again for your commmunication.

Edit: another quick one: the low power mode just limits fps to 30 (?) right?

Edit2: i get small freezes, more like hiccups, every few 10-60 seconds on iOS 10.3. feelsbadman. Did try restarting, closing all other apps etc. can I delete and reinstall the app without losing progress?

11. batiali

batiali Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Hey mate,

1. We get too many support mails for ads, it must've been slipped. We are still investigating the ad crash problem with ad networks. There's not much to do on our side really, it's something don't have much control over. (But we are forcing the ad networks to fix their broken ads which causes the crash.)
    2. There will be an artifact which will allow for fast spawning of the enemies. So they'll appear almost instantly on the screen and could be killed.
    3. There's only an ice rune that slows enemies upon critical hit at the moment.
    4. Yes! But not this update. We're working on daily / weekly quests with various rewards.
    5. Low power mode limits 30 fps. Did you try? How's it doing for you?
    6. If you are connected to GameCenter, you can reinstall. Make sure to save your game id somewhere in case sth. bad happens. You can find your game id in HUB->Settings. Let me know if you have a trouble!

Cheers

12. forsakenxe

Oct 23, 2014
    Very welcome response! Much appreciated. Low power mode is doing fine, optionally a "very low power mode" could be a good addition though, for the times that you just leave it running in the background while doing something else, and just upgrading your heroes every now and then, especially the beginning. Maybe you could just completely disappear animations or something? Just a though with no necessity at all.

Super hyped about the daily and weekly quests, great idea!

I will try to reinstall the game and see if this helps with my performance issues.

13. gingler

gingler Member

Oct 30, 2015
    @batiali
    Wow wasnt expecting such a quickly answer!
    Thank you so much guys!!
    You sure seem to want this game the best and im very grateful for that.
    Also i have another small question, I know right now you guys are working on making things work better in the game, but I saw some heroes that didnt make the cut ( i went hunting in forums lol) , I was wondering if in a very far future maybe we could vote for one of them? I mean i saw one or two that looked cool, so it would be nice to have the community voting for them.

@justdaniel
    Also, that explains why i havent been able to get it :'3 I dont have a legendary hero yet, ive been trying to get all my heroes to the same lvl x,D but i think i better start getting a Legendary, thanks!

14. sly88

sly88 Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Looks pretty cool.

15. batiali

batiali Member

Dec 4, 2016
    I think if we add this option, at one point most people would start playing without the animations and that would make us really sad :D & most importantly imho in the long term it would hurt the player experience.

Having a poll for the new heroes' arrival is a very good idea :)
    Right now we have 2 new characters in the pipeline. One of them will arrive in the update after the next update. (We call it Almost an Update #2) New characters are totally sth. we want to add eventually. Another idea is to prepare small competitions for community & let the winner help design of a skill for a character, or a brand new character maybe. (within limitations ofc.)

Which character did you like from the forum?

Thanks mate! Glad you're enjoying it.

16. PlopSpuffins

PlopSpuffins New Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Great game although I was wondering, is there a way to reset progress? I've recklessly spent gems on rare chests and I've been wanting to just re-do the whole thing with proper handling from now on lol.

If not to reset, is there a way to completely remove the game data on game center?
    Would appreciate a response. Thank you!

17. batiali

batiali Member

Dec 4, 2016
    The only way for hard reset right now is to contact us from in-game. You can use HUB-> Settings -> Contact button to send us an e-mail describing that you want a hard reset. I'm sure you'll get a reply very soon!

18. PlopSpuffins

PlopSpuffins New Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Whoa that's an insanely fast reply from a mod. Cool beans! Alright! I'll give it a go. Thank you! :)

19. forsakenxe

Oct 23, 2014
    Another thing I have realized is that I love h archer-girl because she has a deeper and more complex skill tree than the other characters. Building in that thought I would love a more complex skill tree for other characters maybe so you cannot max it out. This could allow for more diverse builds and actual choices in playstyle instead of just which skills to invest into first.

20. qu4re

qu4re New Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Hello. I'm on challenge 11 and I can't beat him. Do you have any tips to this challenge???
    I am grateful for the help :D