Universal AngerForce - Strikers (by Screambox)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 10, 2014.

1. ScreamboxStudio

Apr 12, 2014
  2. OriginalDex

OriginalDex Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Wow, congrats to the devs, really nice shmup here!
    Perfect relative touch controls and perfect two fingers and double tap system to active character's skills as well!
    Kudos to the devs, highly recommended! :)

3. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    You said that the IAP characters would be free to use. Free for a certain period of time? Or free forever?

4. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Is there going to be a lite version so we can try out the controls?

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #25 Qwertz555, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    I rated this game with four stars, because it feels not complet, yet. I already mentioned that the missing sfx sound from my lasers/bullets and also having no impact-sfx on a boss, is a bit disappointing. Add this and the last star is easy to give away for me. Two more little things would be shorter loading times (though not too bad as is, but still) and nit-picking, under the icon it says
    AngerForc... Searching the store, the missing Strikers is not important.

I bought Echo before going free, so i have a stronger heroine already and bit more support is well deserved to this lovely shmup.

Oh i forgot, the double tap/second finger works fine, so how about an option to hide the buttons ? Only need one for the bomb which you could put on the lowest left/right side. (Talking iphone5 here, on the ipad miniR there is no bar on the bottom) Nice to see more of your drawn action screen.

6. marrco2005

marrco2005 Member

Apr 13, 2011
    I have an iCade and looking forward to the new version with iCade supported.

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #27 Lavender, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    I was lucky enough to be able to get a promo code for this one.
    I feel the same way about being burned by so many of this genre. So, i don't usually purchase unless there are huge reccomendations and plus reviews.

I liked this one. I didn't mind the continuous automatic firing because of the ability to fire the extra weapons with the double fingers and double tapping.
    There was the change in scenery which I thought was nice. Graphics not bad either. Controls were easy so the game was easy to learn as well.

I thought the additional power ups were a nice bonus too.

Overall I liked it.

What didn't I like? The consumable iap's of course. :) Maybe you all might disagree with me, (please don't yell at me) but, I don't think there should be iap's in a paid game.

When I got out the first time, a pop-up asked if I want to continue for 100 coins.
    The 2nd time, in the same game play, that I got out, it jumped to 400. I don't know what the next one would be.

Because it would be almost impossible to conntinue the same game play, I can see myself getting bored real quick by playing the same thing over & over to earn enough coins to purchase all the power ups, levels, etc.

As I said, overall I liked it. But, I don't know if I like it enough to be asked when I'm playing, if I want to buy more coins.

8. ashming001

ashming001 New Member

Apr 14, 2014
    #28 ashming001, Apr 14, 2014

I hope free forever.

9. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Software Developer
    Doomed country Ch**a
    I would like to say it is one of the few great STG game I can found on the AppStore. The game is quite well done, it almost have all important elements a great STG game should have: challenging levels, unique art style, nice graphic and smooth control. It is very addictive, I still trying hard to beat 5th level without continue. If you are fan of STG game, you should not miss it!

10. militantmind

militantmind Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Music Producer
    On a Soundwave in Canada
    #30 militantmind, Apr 14, 2014
    I couldn't agree more. This game SHOULD be a five star shoot'em up. Instead it is far too oriented to be a cash grab. I don't want to be funnelled into purchasing game currency so I can continue my levels as oppose to starting the whole game over! For that matter, or, having to pay to use one time use power ups; this detracts entirely from the game actually being enjoyed as the great game it could be. Allow us to enjoy this game in it's functional and intended entirety. Become a premium game developer and generate real income from premium priced titles with following and ravenous fans for all your up coming products!! I am a shoot'em up fanatic and had this game been priced at $4.99--$6.99 I'd still have bought it.

11. Wow, this game is pretty awesome! Very close to a cave shmup in some ways as a good bullet hell!

Will come back with some feedback soon. Kinda agree with some others, please make it like 3 continues instead of buying continues, make it a little more premium in style.

But wow, so awesome!!!!!!!!!

12. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    I won't yell at you and agree about iap in a paid game. But it's a huge difference if you need one to level up and go beyond the paywall, or if it's just for the impatient to unlock things faster. To be loud and clear: NO need to buy coins in this game ! I know this is my opinion, but the way you wrote it suggests a paywall in this game. I use one power slot for 50 coins (magnet) and earn about 900 when i only reached level 3.
    To buy the first continue costs 100. You get back everything (as you would start the game) and keep your points and coins. The second continue is 400, the next 800 and the next 1600 coins. With four continues i reached level five and earned about 1500 coins if i remember right.

Isn't the point of a shmup to play it over and over and over ?! You need to learn the enemies, the bullet patterns and how and when to use your own weapons. For my part, i want to survive as long as possible and max out the highscore. Happens while having fun playing and earning enough coins meanwhile. Again, only my opinion.

Edit: hope not another discussion about iap is starting in this thread !

13. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Didn't see your post. Yep, good idea about the three continues.

What do you think about earning the coins in this game ? Enough to justify the continues ?

14. Yes, I would propose making it three continues, maybe adding other difficulty levels, like a hell mode, to unlock early for 99 cents or something.

Use coins for buying ships early. Or make the ships free.

Regardless, this is a game close to a cave shmup and that says a hell of a lot.

With some minor tweaks, this game could be a 5 star game, seems most everyone here is saying that.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    And the update is live! Thank you very much for making the other characters free!

16. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    Great game, but the new updated version crashes a lot on my old iPad 2.

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Alright. This game is now one if my favorite shmup titles on the iOS. It's outstanding!

The scoring system, the incredible animations, fluid gameplay, the modes... Enemy patterns.... It's all just fantastic! Right now, my favorite character (for now) is Shin. I love the yellow power. Great stuff. =oD

Thanks again for making the characters free. It's definitely opened the game up quite a bit. I tried to see what all coin packs there were (if there's a currency doubler, I'm all over it!, if not... Would you consider adding an IAP for it?), but I got this (attached image). I waited for a couple minutes, nothing. My internet connection is stable... So IDK. I'll try later on today.

Attached Files:

18. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    With your comment, I am gonna buy this game. I was waiting for a good schmup. Not that there are not any good on ios, but the animations are what I was looking for. And if the characters are free, so why not :)

19. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Though i'm still not happy with some of the lacking sfx sounds (would take some time to implement, i know), the fact that you made all characters free to play made me giving you the fifth star, what a great move !!!

This game is a steal for three bucks !

Though i don't need a doubler, i would buy it any seconds it appears.
    Iap isn't showing up for me neither, good connection too.

20. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #40 Intendro, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    It better be forever. I just bought the game... If stuff in it gets taken from me, I will be very mad. :eek:

The sound of one of your energy meters filling to maximum is a really annoying squeak. :(
    Can you change it to something else?
    My first play was fun. :)
    Except for the annoying sound. :eek:

My high score is not visible offline.
    I do not like Game Center. It does not work offline. This game does not show my high score anywhere else. It is my high score. I should be able to see it without being connected to the internet. This is a problem.