Universal Angry Birds 2 (by Rovio Entertainment Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Finally beat it but sadly only two stars : (

I really do think it would make things so much better if levels you've beaten don't lose hearts of you reply to get a better score. Also my lives are still going up to 5

2. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #82 oscar123967, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    I say save 3 staring every level till the end game. YoUr birds will be much more powerful by then

I made first on my league, hopefully it'll stay that way just need 19 hours to go... No power ups, just got extremely lucky with the courses. Kept getting strikes on them until i ran out of birds

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

The game itself gets three stars. It's a decent game. The monetization model... Minus 2.

Same amount of stars Forgotten Memories got...

Whatever though.

I agree with Eli on that Limbo review, it seems every butthurt person posts remember Limbo.

4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Any idea what the feathers give you anyway? I see you collect up to 100 to what? I did think of waiting until end game to 3 star or at the end of each chapter but I suppose it's luck with these levels sometimes so a waste of lives

Also to the other comment above, I would give it a 5 but the 4 is there because of the model also.

5. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #85 oscar123967, Aug 1, 2015
    Once you collect 100 feathers for a bird, it'll level up. The higher level the bird, the more points you get from destruction with that bird.

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #86 ste86uk, Aug 1, 2015
    Ouch that'll make arena competitive but then once you get a lead with birds it'll be easier for those people to keep winning I imagine. Only managed about 370k on the current arena the highest in mine is nearly 600k!

Edit: Just got 625k so have second for the moment. Finally got the bomb bird which helps a lot!

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I really like this game Huh.

8. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Finally beat level 30 after being offered a free bird. I got a yellow bird which i used to push the boss over the edge of the plaform.

I also got 30 yellow feathers from the arena, implying i came third. Im sure i was 7th on the leaderboard with only nameless players in front of me, except for first place

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #89 ste86uk, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    I beat 30 too today and a few after that, I actually found that boss pretty easy it was just getting there that was hard as I needed to get there with two of the right birds it seemed.

I also had the same as you, I was 2nd in arena but got 50 feathers I think and it said I come first, so now my yellow bird is bronze.

Finally I hate adding people to Facebook and never add people just for games, only one of my friends plays but doesn't seem to be on much, I'm wondering if he doesn't play much if anyone wants to be gift swapping buddies? I've sent him 3 gifts today and had none myself : (

Edit: Just sent a further 4 gifts! On level 46 now and it certainly seems tough, the boss on 43 wasn't too bad but I only got two stars sadly : ( I usually get 3 but have around 3/4 levels with only two. Replaying for free should be a thing.

10. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Hey ste86uk ive sent you a private message so we can see if these gifts are worth the trouble. I hate the facebook sync stuff, i find the game centre stuff works just fine. I guess its easier and more profitable for them to access our facebook accounts

11. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    this game offered so much fun until i hit the paywall where you can NOT continue without paying (gems), watching ads option is not available also(on purpose) and this is my limit in free to play games. IMO, a game should not stopped players from playing, if game does then it doesn't deserved more attention from me. this is just my opinion.
    rovio has turned to an evil company and joined the dark side of IAP, i have seen my friend who have been a huge angry birds fan since the original, they bought all the plush toys and dolls to support the company(i only bought the red bird and one piggy :p ). but after only couple of minutes of playing angry birds 2, they stopped and saying the iap system including ads, timer, energy system are pure disappointment and ridiculous. but still i ignore them and keep playing since i found its quite fun. until today when i hit the paywall (which again, my limit in ftp game), i decided to stopped(literally and being force by the game itslef :p ). sorry for rant(if you see it that way), but this is pure my opinion where in fact, the original angry birds has always sitting on my home screen until now.

12. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I agree that the free to play elements are ubiquitous in a way ive not seen in an angry birds game. I have a certain amount of respect for the brazenness of it. The daily gift is a reward to keep us playing and paying money, but they want to monetize it further by doubling the reward if we watch an advert.

Im curious red, how far did you get before you hit your paywall?

13. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    @snotty128, @level 35 the boss level which quite difficult. anyway, you know what, i just cant stand the cuteness levels of that stupid bird everytime i scroll my home screen, i see that bloody red bird icon that screaming at me to tap it annnnnnnndd...i tap it :p and i start playing again :D...oh i feel ashamed of myself XD

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Some bits can be really tough and seem really unfair but you can get there, I'm up to level 57 at the minute and no paywall yet unless your further.

Like I've said I completely agree I hate the pay model some changes I suggested would go a long way for me, but while it is as it is I won't spend a penny on it and I still get to enjoy it. I just switch games when I'm empty on lives, it's great for my breaks at work too.

15. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    Love this game!!
    Anyone wants to be friends for gifts & stuff?

16. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Yeah, none of my FB friends are playing this.

17. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I have mixed feelings on this game. The game itself is sweet. I like the changes. The Destruction meter that gives you an extra bird based on how much you destroy. The spells are cool. The animation is great. I love the little touches like when debris and pigs fly at the screen. Or, the PIP screen in the top left, setting up the tension before you make your shot.
    I don't like the F2P model. Once you get past the first 15 or so levels it goes from too easy to frustrating. The randomized level design is cool, but infuriating when you get those stubborn balloon or umbrella pigs that you have to waste too many birds to get and drain your lives. I wish you could actually choose from all the birds, not just the random first 3 at the start, because sometimes you get screwed with the random level design. You really have to make every bird count, especially on the levels with more rooms. ( I haven't even got to any 5 room levels yet either) I wish you could have different game profiles too. It asks you once to "connect" to Facebook and that's it.
    Last Fiscal year, Rovio's profits went down 70%. Is that because popularity has peaked or is it because all their games for the past couple years have been F2P?
    I'd rather have this game be a premium than F2P, but I'll still play it until I get too fed up with the timers

18. scottbailey

scottbailey Active Member

Nov 2, 2013
    I don't mind Free To Play, because it can be done in a way that benefits everyone.

What I mind are Paywalls.

Great game ruined. Shame.

Deleted.

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Stuck on level 60 now I keep getting to the boss but not being able to finish it, for he first time I found a video to see what somebody else did and they were just lucky because it's what I've been trying to do anyway but you need the birds and the luck...

20. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I'm really enjoying it, but when is the paywall?