iPad Angry Birds Seasons - by Rovio Mobile [2012 Halloween Update]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 20, 2010.

1. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Also, look what happened with Peggle Nights. A lot of people complained that it should have been free DLC, which is rediculous.

I am more than happy to pay for extra levels for a great game. I would prefer that it was paid DLC but have no problem going this route.

2. oneWAYup7

oneWAYup7 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    In God's World
    It makes sense, and i kind of thought of that last week when i saw that Cut The Rope and Trainyard were catching up with Angry Birds.

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Okay, there is *NO* reason this should not be universal.

None. That ticks me right off. Sure, it's only $1 more, but if I want it on both, I have to pay $3 for skinned DLC?

I right away purchased Angry Birds for the iPad, as I didn't own another version. But now that I have both and iPhone and my iPad, universal apps should become standard unless there's a SIGNIFICANT benefit to have the HD version, especially with the retina displays now, it's not like they have to heavily upscale anything!

I do like the look of the game, and I like the new levels, but non-universal for a game like this with no difference between the two is frustrating. VERY frustrating. You know they're not going to "add more" into the HD version heer.

4. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Let the whining commence.

5. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Listen, I'm all one for additional costs for the HD version if they actually ADD something to it.

Spider is a perfect example, they added a very interesting multiplayer mode along with a strong game. The multiplayer mode alone made it wortwhile.

And even Fruit Ninja added a great multiplayer mode that gave some support to its higher price.

But these were all games that were re-released from the iPhone counterparts.

Double dipping, then, doesn't hit so hard.

But when you have the exact same game. Released at the exact same time. With the exact same content. Without a substantial amount of work, thought or effort put behind it - Why shouldn't I be upset?

If you're going to try and get us to double dip, add something to the HD version other than adding "HD" to the end of it.

Or do like Robot Unicorn and release it at $0.99 as well. To be honest, I think I'd be more inclined to double dip at that price.

I don't know. Like I said, I normally support not having a universal app if there's SOMETHING more in the HD version. Here, there's not, so what have they done to justify another purchase at a dollar more?

6. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    It's $0.99. Man up and buy it.

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    So by your arguments just get the iPhone version, save some money and play on both.

8. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    so... are these totally different levels or just a skinned version of the old levels kinda like doodle jump updates?

9. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    lol
    maybe rovio didn't receive notice of your iPhone purchase

10. Taragon

Taragon Active Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I do not have the new game, but the levels in the pictures do not look like any I remember from the game.

11. glamdrac

glamdrac Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    PLEASE tell me that the music from the video is actually in the game...please (and be honest)

12. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    The birds look like shit.

13. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    You say that you don't spam every thread, and yet here we go again... :rolleyes: At least buy the game before voicing how horrible you believe it to be, even though millions will probably buy it in the next few months and love it.

14. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Can you wait til 11 PM EST for an answer to that? I will be happy to let you know then!

15. glamdrac

glamdrac Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    funny, very funny...this may be my favorite post of all time:eek:

16. bazraking

bazraking Member

Sep 7, 2010
    since rovaio have said they will be still updating the original i will pass on this. Put it as a DLC to pay for and i would have bought it. Dont like clutter which i would eventually see this as.

17. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Glad I could help. :p I was obviously joking. DoodleJumper is such a drama queen. :rolleyes:

18. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahaha, you're a fine one to talk son.

19. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I know, he actually PMed me with a small rant about the post. I half-thought about reporting it, but it's not bad enough for an infraction.