iPad Angry Birds Seasons - by Rovio Mobile [2012 Halloween Update]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    this is kinda annoying. i'm all for the support the developer and everything, but why not just make it dlc. i absolutely hate having two apps that are essentially the same game. i agree with a guy back a couple pages, the levels just look reskinned. if the problem is chillingo why not just leave them? i see no point in having a publisher especially if your losing money. now i don't know all the details but i'm sure rovio could work something out. also they should make it universal.

i guess why i'm pissed off is because it has gotten kinda bland recently. this happens with every big game that has frequent updates. the game get's kinda boring when you know what's coming in updates and new games. the same thing happened in doodle jump with just theme after new theme. this obviously isn't a huge problem, but i just think that these developers need to make a radical step to take this game to the next level. for example multiplayer of some sort. doodle jump is doing it and fruit ninja has. angry birds would be awesome with it. i love this game alot so that is why i'm so critical of it at times i guess.

2. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    if they are changing publishers(publishing themselves) there is no way to offer it as dlc thats the way the app store works

if anything dont blame the developer, blame apple

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    #43 VeganTnT, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
    Maybe Rovio will Add the content to Angry Birds and you unlock it by purchasing and installing the Halloween version.

The Quest and Gun Disassembly 3D both use this to great effect

Rovio gets the added revenue withouy having to split it with chillingo AND we don't have to have 2 apps when only one is needed

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    The levels look different first of all from the screnshots - mix of different birds together from the original and all.

Chillingo is in the midst of getting bought - did you see like the front page or Reuters or anything? They can't add DLC if they are not going to be part of Chillingo anymore.

A Halloween app will likely stay around for a few weeks now, what is the harm? Get it, support the dev that you only spent 99 cents for in the first place and enjoy it. And then delete it when or if the Christmas edition comes around.

Those complaining it seems might not like Angry Birds enough to justify to themselves a separate purchase and would have just sluffed over IAP anyway. So sluff this off too and stop whining. You don't love it as much as you say you do. Love it for what it is and love the other games for what they are. Angry Birds new content comes in the form of millions of levels so far - other games add other things - so what? Can't all be clones of one another.

Last year around the holidays a lot of apps came out with holiday editions of the app - either as an update or as a new app, and barely a whimper - what happened over the year to everyone? My my how spoiled everyone is.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Angry Turds?!?

6. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Now THAT is funny. :D

7. robotsvswizards.com

robotsvswizards.com Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Game Development, Music
    CA, USA
    Wow. Pleasant surprise.

This about the only game I really really get into.

Like so many others I have all stars (iPad version) on everything so this is a no brainer form sure!!!!!!!

Wonder if this means holiday version as well

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I hope you also advocate these devs charging more to compensate for all this extra effort and content on your wishlist.

9. MarioKartMaster

MarioKartMaster Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Does it have retina support? If so, then its an insta-buy for me.

10. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I'll buy it anyway, but I'd pay an extra dollar to have it as DLC. I hate extra clutter...

11. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

[​IMG] :p:p:p

12. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    [​IMG]

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Hahahah. Wow, I really didnt mean for that to come across as arrogant. Funny.

Yes, now that I have an iPhone, I should have everyone bend to my wishes!

Again, to the comments about "maning up" and that I'm whining about price, where are the developers, not just for this but for other games, advising us why they do this.

Why is everyone so quick to jump to the defense of devs like Rovio, who have made so much money on their products it would make your head spin.

14. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Getting the game tonight

15. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    ok i think that i'm coming off the wrong way.i like angry birds, because it's a fun app to play. i just feel that when you see an update or app for new levels, it just really doesn't have the wow factor anymore. you are almost kinda coming to expect it sooner or later.

alot can change in a year. especially in the app store

16. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I certainly won't be buying this, but I am curious if the devs had the foresight to make this Retina-supported...

17. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

#57 ScottColbert, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
    [QUOTEthat's almost as if your saying. buy .99 to give to a developer who really doesn't need to be supported. he's the number one selling app of all time on itunes. i reallly don't think he needs to be supported a ton. what i think he needs is to change up the gameplay, add something new.[/B][/QUOTE]

Are you serious? That has got to be the most ignorant comment about devs I've read, and that's saying something around here. Do you think they just pocket all that money they make? They have development costs, bills, etc to pay. Supporting devs ENSURES they can make updates and not go bankrupt because people are too damn cheap to pay a buck or two.

18. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    people are really worried about having an extra angry birds icon on their phone? Really? Wow...

The way I look at it is this - I've bought $60 PS3 games that I've gotten less enjoyment out of than Angry Birds - significantly less. I want devs who come up with really entertaining games to get rich (although I doubt the devs of AB are nearly as rich as some seem to think) and I'll gladly fork over another one of my hard earned dollars to Rovio for some more Angry Birds goodness. I don't mind having 2 AB icons on my phone a bit... :)

19. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Active Member

Feb 21, 2010
    some of the opinions here are pretty funny.

Chillingo has been bought by EA. The Angry Birds developers do not want to be with Chillingo anymore.

Using the power of LOGIC, it is safe to assume that the previous angry birds game wont be updated nearly as much as the new one. Bear in mind that this is simply the FIRST non chillingo angry birds release. no doubt this new one will be updated heavily with new content.

And to the guy saying the game is now bland; You've been playing a game for a year that, even with a full description of the gameplay, amounts to throwing a bird at some pigs.....THAT'S IT. It's not exactly Final Fantasy 13 or Fallout 3, seriously what did you expect? It is what it is, a simple, phone based, pick up and play game that is entertaining. And for the sake of one dollar, who can nitpick? I can't even buy a good cup of coffee for that price.

20. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    darn... no money left. .$.07 left. GOD!