Announcing: Fission FPS from Scorch Games!!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iphoneprogrammer, Jul 18, 2009.

1. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Sounds interesting but the only way you will get me to believe this is if you post some info (concept art,etc..) on the game. Other wise I'm having a hard time believing this.

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

someone PM the guy who started this thread... tell him to post some screenshots! :rolleyes:

3. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    I know my game DRFT isn't done, but I at least can post pics and vids for it when I annouce stuff!

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The overall "press release" is really unprofessional. It sounds like a couple of kids in junior high just got their hands on a Mac and the SDK.

1) Fission FPS (FPS necessary in the title? It just feels cheap).

2) "!!!!" Really?

3) Massive hyperbole and comparisons to games that aren't even out.

5. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    I still have a hard time believing that a game called Fission FPS will have a better story and graphics than DOOM: Resurrection. So may i assume the project was called off, OP?

6. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
  7. Theta-Omega

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    Wow, it's like he chronicles his ideas here. Doesn't look like he'll ever get around to developing either of those.

8. Theta-Omega

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    #28 Theta-Omega, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    Well then, in the case that he is actually serious about this, i apologize for making fun of your project :)

9. Thechansen

Thechansen Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    #29 Thechansen, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
    wHat the hell would concept art prove? Screenshots or it never happened. I can post Andy Warhol paintings and claim them as concept art for my new Cambell Soup game. Doesn't mean it will ever get off the ground. Or be any indicator for how the finish product will play.

Edit: just to clarify, it will be THE best soup based game of 2009.

10. imadqamar

imadqamar Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Montreal, Canada
    We should all thank iphoneprogrammer for starting such a hilarious thread, and brightening our day :p

11. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Let's get this thread back on track. No more insults.

12. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    What is there to get back on track about?
    We have had no confirmation from the dev that this game/company even exists, so as far as I'm concerned, this is just some silly little prank.

13. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    #33 Prab, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
    The dev did reply. But it was one of the offending posts that were deleted. So if the dev would like to rewrite the post to update us on the project, its up to him. But in any case, the rest of us, please stop insulting him or his project.

Edit: Let me quote the important bits he said:

14. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    #34 iphoneprogrammer, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
    Ok guys here is a gist of whats going on. I am not the programmer. I do some of the Graphic Design for the game. At first I had high expectations for this game, but i have little idea where this game is heading. Now i have extremely high hopes for this game. Just from some of the concept art myself and my brother and my coworkers have come up with i am expecting a great game. We are going for a story driven FPS like Doom Resurection, and the game will not be on rails. AS for aiming and shooting, the controls are similar to Modern Combat Sandstorm. Walk with a d-pad but aim with a finger drag. The 5 programmers we have are always in constant contact with each other but i am given a decent amount of info. They dont have TA accounts because they work all the time and dont really have the time to talk to the consumers. Thats my job. So any questions you guys have I will relay to the programmers. Right now the story line is this: (kind of cliche' but bear with us) You are one of few humans left on the earth after a mysterious storm. You wake up the next day to find that every single motorized machine is out to kill you and its up to you and the rest of the survivors to get down to the bottom of what happened and shut down the machines for good. Its kind of like a movie that i saw once, in which machines could control themselves and everyone was doomed. Like a vending machine went crazy and started shooting soda cans at people. But thats a basic gist of what goin on. Sorry to Prab and every other TAer for using the language I was annoyed at that person for making stupid comments. ALSO WE WERE THINKING ABOUT CHANGING THE NAME BECAUSE FISSION DOESN'T REALLY FIT ANY LONEGER. PLEASE HELP US PICK THE NEW NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The game is projected to come out sometime next year. There is a lot to do and we dont want to submit a crappy game.

15. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    transformers? i, robot? :D

16. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    name ideas:
    Ending
    Mechanical
    Sparse: The Ending

17. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    No i think it was a 70's early 80's movie.

18. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    And then...
    I thought you would finish that sentence?!

Looking forward to see those screenshots, best of luck.

Peace.

19. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
  20. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    Name: Eliminate all humans or Countdown to extinction