Universal Anomaly: Warzone Earth (by 11 bit studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Yes :D

The temperature issue is probably an one-off instance. Try restarting your phone or something.

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Temperature? i thought he said repetitive...?

3. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Lol :D

@triggy
    Haven't you noticed that I edit other people's quotes all the time?

4. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Lols, Can you tell me if this game is worth purchasing?

5. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

:| Hehe! Anyway, I'm loving it!

6. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    If you love TD games, you should DEFINITELY buy this game. This is the best TD or should I say REVERSE TD game I've ever played!!

7. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Looks like im buying this game then! :p

Thanks Guys....

8. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Agreed.
    Lemme say this: the game is UNIQUE and FUN, though it losses its charm before it ends (PC version). Combat slowly turn into routine encounters that hardly differ from previous battles. New units and enemy towers help mix things up periodically, but you're the one leading an assault with a limited selection of units against a limited selection of enemy towers so tactics don't vary greatly from between missions.

I had a very good experience from playing the game, though the idea of replaying it did not cross my mind. It's definitely worth the entry price, but in the end I felt the game had overstayed its welcome and lost its initial appeal.

For TD fans, this is simply a must try experience. Just don't say I didn't warn you that it can get repetitive.

9. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Funny discussion in here. WHAT iOS tower defense game doesn't get repetitive ;)

10. kenkin34

kenkin34 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Does the game consist of a high varity of enemys and self froces? It seems quite repetitive when I am watching the demo video. Thanks!

11. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#71 Habakuk, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
    But it's clearly Tower Offense or maybe Tower Attack. The opposite way of Tower Defense (what I love). There should be a multiplayer option for two (on the same local machine) where one places the towers (TD) and the other conducts the creeps (TO) with more realtime strategy elements and changing TD/TO position every round. And with a quick & easy smart auto upgrade function.

I will buy the iPad version when it's @ US$.99 and when it gets more than four stars maybe. I watched all the videos (45 min altogether) guessing that I had most of the fun already. Being able to tap here and there seems not being worth three Euros for the time being.

(BTW: Now buying Necta Collecta and Rolling Fall for free and "earned" already €5.5 today. :))

12. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    +1. (The steam PC demo didn't impress me too much either). Seems to boil down to the question whether I need another graphics demo on my iPad ;)

13. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Tower offense feeds off player's interest for TD games. If you had no interest in TD games, enjoying this title could be harder than those who does have interest in TD games.
    To tell the truth, if I had no interest in TD games I wouldn't even have bothered playing a similar game from the aggressor's perspective.

The main problem with this game is (was) that I it was very easy to predict the outcome of battles. Since every attack does a predetermined amount of damage (to you and opponent throughout the whole game) I could basically 'visualize' the result of battles in my head with reliable accuracy (and the amount of health left for my units).

14. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Try hardcore mode. I've completed all levels in HARDCORE mode with all GOLD for every awards.

15. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Btw, game looks good, yes, nothing breathtaking but really, REALLY good. Love the voice acting, but it gets very repetitive in-game. Game is mostly about tapping here and there in the right moment. Hectic, entertaining but not very deep or engaging. But for the money, I'm having a lot of fun, that's all that counts for me.

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    wow this game looks so freakin cool but i get worried when i hear impressions about things getting old quick and low replayablility. But maybe the coolness factor will make me wanna keep it :) I think I'm gonna give it a try..

17. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#77 Der-Kleine, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
    Well, in wich iOS game DON'T you tap here and there? (that isn't a racing or other accelerometer only controlled game)

Also, here's my gameplay video:

18. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Completed the whole game with every level in HARDCORE mode and got all GOLD MEDALS for each levels.

[​IMG]

I guess I'm really not an addict of this game..

19. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Should I buy the iPad (2) or the iPhone (4) version?

20. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I couldn't resist the interesting vid and the positive buzz and bought this baby even though I hadn't planned to.

BTW, when the opening vid was playing I accidentally hit the screen and cut the vid short. Does anyone know who I can view the entire introductory vid? I can't find it from the Main Menu or Options or Help. :confused: