Any help in managing space

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Best75, Jun 7, 2014.

1. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Mega is amazing for sharing large files with friends. I'm a photographer when I'm not talking iOS, and I share all of my photos on Flickr, which gives a terabyte for free.

Never really got into dropbox, strangely enough, but I recognize it does a lot of things well.

iCloud needs a lot of work. I actually like their metaphor, with apps saving their data transparently and syncing without a visible filesystem. But Apple is so far off with photos and backup... I really hope they get it together.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've just moved my files from Mega

Theres another huge court case potentially happening against Kim Dotcom, last time they froze all his Megaupload sharing data, lots of people couldnt get access to their files.

In case it happens again in this latest drama they 'could' perhaps freeze peoples accounts on Mega so i've moved my files just in case

Dropbox needs to compete with all the other cloud companies, i used to pay for Dropbox for 100 gig (£65) but i'm cancelling it when it comes up in a few weeks as i'm happy with the far cheaper unlimited Pogoplug.

Its good its a very competitive market right now though. Love the fact that i could be away from home but have access to all my photos/documents/tons of movies/comics/books wherever i am. Plus after a hard drive crash (and an external drive crash) i feel much secure with my data in the cloud