Any Hidden Emulators In Appstore Currently?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by IdreesInc, Apr 14, 2013.

1. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I agree :) It's fun for a while, but then the touch screen really limits the fun. I wish there was an app like bluetrol available on the App Store. (Maybe Apple won't approve similar Apps? :confused: )

I missed Gridlee (I didn't have an iDevice then), but I agree with what you're saying. Hitting that "insert coin" button about 75 times makes you feel rich! :D

Even with touch controls, it's cool to carry around a few favorites. Believe it or not Super Mario Land and Mortal Kombat II are just about the only games I ever play on Slider. I played the stuffing out of those as a kid :D

2. trevytrev

trevytrev Member

Apr 16, 2013
    So I download the rom. Then I put it in a zip file, then I transfer it to iTunes? Or do I just have the rom in a folder. And is it already in .gbc format when I download it?

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You've asked the same question previously and someone answered you already on how to transfer it. People will help but not if you are lazy and dont bother seeing previous replies or links where it tells you everything you need to know.

Dont mean to be harsh but you have asked already and dont seem to want to listen

4. trevytrev

trevytrev Member

Apr 16, 2013
    I didn't once ask if it was already in .gbc format when I downloaded a game boy color name. I only asked what .gbc was. I didn't know if I had to convert it afterwards. Sorry I browse this while at school, not much time to read, asking a question is much faster. And I don't have access to a computer at the moment either, so I can't really experiment by downloading them.

5. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #25 mrbiggles, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    reread

just have to reread the thread and other thread links listed.

the info was posted here, and this doesn't run GBA games only the older "amazing baby names" app did. this app just runs gb & gbc http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2782345&postcount=15 and has lots of bugs ;) as stated; sound, doesn't work on ipod t 4g etc

6. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    thanks, was wondering if bios was needed. seems like they took out the the best part .gba emulation. guess i'd wait see if it goes free or a future hidden gem ;)

was glad to get Gridlee for free and got it working reading that thread. hope it makes a come back for you to get in future! yeah nice to have on handhelds vs installed on your pc or xbox etc. more likely to play mame etc on ipad/iphone then on a gaming console or pc.

7. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Thanks mrbiggles :) . I'm definitely going to keep my eyes out for future hidden gems.

----////----

I was thinking about hidden emulators and realized something: Why try to hide the emulator? Why not make it a 3 part system?

Part one: Legitimate Application with file sharing abilities (something like a music editor).

Part two: An emulator that was designed to run inside the app, which would be downloaded and transferred to the App.

Part 3: Transferring games, bios, save states, etc.

8. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    It's not a hidden app, but with Spectaculator you can load your own game files in. It's a bit if a pain though as you need to mess around with text files.

9. JustMeNow

JustMeNow Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Male
    How? What is the cost? And what is Spectaculator an emulator of?

10. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Zx Spectrum, aka Speccy.

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I previously had a calculator app that did just that. It was an HP calc emulation; when booted, it downloaded the emulotor/rom from the net. If you could just have it point to a different file...

12. JustMeNow

JustMeNow Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Male
    What app was that?

13. ChubbyPig

ChubbyPig Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Student, Waiter
    Portsmouth, UK
    Hello everyone, just thought that I should spread the good news, I have quoted what I wrote in the slider puzzle thread.

"I actually can't believe it, prayers have been answered, Slider Puzzle 1.1 has just launched on the app store with lots of bug fixes. This could even be better than ABN, I am currently waiting for the update to install. It just shows how good a developer can be and how blind App Store moderators can be."

Anyway, slider puzzle is still in the app store and the bugs have been patched, the only real bug that remains is no gbc/gb saving.

You can follow discussion on Slider Puzzle from here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=183269&page=30

14. ZachAttack

ZachAttack New Member

May 21, 2013
    No jailbreak

Emulators here for free (no jailbreak required): http://Emu4iOS.net
    You'll have to set the date back as it tells you to.

I recommend RetroArch, because it has loads of emulators inside it.

Tutorials can be found online for just about every one. Enjoy!

15. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    And there's always GBA4iOS

16. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

GBA4IOS is the overall best GBA emulator.

17. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Does anyone know how if final fantasy 7 will play within the retroarch emulator? If so, how do you get it to load?

18. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    I disagree. I happen to think that the GBANext core in Retroarch does the best gba emulation.....

19. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Retroarch (jailbroken version) is the best thing for emulation. It has the best emutors within. Better GBA too.

20. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

retro arch is although sometimes buggy and is more complicated to use form my perspective...