Anyone else have this feeling? And suggestions please.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kunning, Feb 10, 2010.

1. donner

donner Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought I was the only freak that did this... Might need to start an appaholics anonymous thread.

2. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    When I don't know which game to play I sometimes just close my eyes and poke somewhere on my home screen.

Also @OP you should get the dot tm series. First Dot tm, second is the sequel and then the three-quel.

3. z0|¥|b1_G-zus

z0|¥|b1_G-zus Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Selinsgrove, PA
    unfortunately I have to agree. I have hundreds of apps (mostly games). I can't count how many times I've filled all my pages, lost track of what's installed beyond them, deleted some to make space, reinstalled others because I can't decide which to play, and inevitably ending up back in the store to get something new, on sale, and/or that I've been resisting for far too long. It's a vicious cycle and the only people who understand are those with iDevices.

Does anyone know if there's an appaholics anonymous app in the works?

4. Nijo

Nijo Well-Known Member

I'm sure I sent you a promo code for Bombardiers Guild in December. :)
    PM me if you need it sent again!

5. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Same here. App collector lol

I have 10+ new games unplayed on my device

6. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    +1, I will have to delete my acc or something

7. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    Yeah I feel this way constantly. I'm constantly on the app store looking for more apps, even though I only play about 20 of my 150+ library.

8. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    quite often I'll play a game a lot but one day I'll just stop playing and rarely iv ever come bacl to it

happened with hook champ, plushed, minisquadron, rolando 2, others

9. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    #29 Athlos, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    LOL, this happens to me sometimes and I just got my ipod touch for Christmas! I have like 60+ apps already. Although I do play all my multiplayer games alot, like warfare inc., eliminate, nova, and any point based games. When I'm bored I'll pick a high score to beat lol.

I think I know why this happens to us, we buy too many games at once and because of that we can't choose which one to get into. At least that's what happens with me, I'll research like 15 games then buy em all at once. It's cause the prices are so damn cheap, I feel like I ought to stack up on a bunch but it never works out cause I don't have the time to play em all.

10. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    i agree.

there are only a few games that i have continually been satisfied with and not have this "there are no games to play" thing goin on

battle blasters
    space miner
    parachute ninja
    blimp

thats all really. although there are so many great games i have, these are the only ones that i really stuck to till the end. or is currently sticking to strikingly well! :D

11. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    it's called being human and the natural feeling of not wanting to be stuck on a box of light believing that virtual shit is real.

Instead of fighting it, and trying to play a game no matter what, because you think that's what you want to do, try doing something not involving technology for a while.

12. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Yeah, I went out today and worked out. Feel much better.

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I play 9 of my 362 games.
    Fml more.

14. donner

donner Well-Known Member

Hahaha - thats totally it.... Reality check.

15. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    I actually make a point to beat all the apps I buy. I've beaten 45/60 apps I own. Even if I beat it on Easy, I still "beat" the game. I'm trying to avoid buying apps so I can finish up the ones I currently own.

Also another way to beat an app is to finish all the missions, upgrade everything to the maximum, or beat all the levels. If the game is endless, it doesn't count as a beatable game.

16. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    been gaming since I was 4. For about 24 years I couldn't get enough of it but in the last 2 years I've been trying to limit myself because I get this feeling too.

Took the last 2 months off from MMO gaming, console gaming and really limited it down to iPhone stuff casually. Just picked up star trek online last week and I'm loving it so far.

Sometimes we really just get burned out believing in the false reality, that which is the internet and we need something real to anchor to.

If you find your real world anchor, you can do anything.

17. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    okay dude, your way of doing it is just as good as just not touching the game (okay maybe its better but still listen,). you play the games and beat them cause its FUN and you WANT to, not because you have to. what you just said seems more like torture cause you have this whole set of rules for beating games.

i dont mean to sound like i'm bashing you, its a smart way of decreasing your spending (i'm guilty of buying a lot) but theres different ways to go about it.

i for one make sure the game i buy is quality and not just another one of those 5 minutes and there done type games. its really hard but that how i do it.

18. donner

donner Well-Known Member

For me, this also is the way games should be played. At least, its the best way to be a satisfied gamer. To dip into a dozen games at once with no intention on actually beating the game is just exausting and unfulfilling for me.

To stick with the game, go through the ups and downs and frustrating levels, or moments of grinding and finally beat the bloody thing is what its all about. And its the way the games were meant to be played.

I think people would find much more true enjoyment out of their gaming experience if they showed a bit more commitment to the games they buy.

19. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Get Necromancer Rising.

20. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    I had that feeling until I played Brothers In Arms, then I started to get into iPod gaming. I would really recommend Hook Champ.