Anyone had any joy with publishers?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Xammond, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Xammond

Xammond Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2014
    UK
    The former.

I originally worked with my brother on the first app back in '10 where he did the music. But we disagreed on updates. It took until now before we tried mixing family and business again! I approached him after deciding the best part of a week means I wasn't important to the publisher. I do feel like approaching another from when I was doing a PC game, but I struggle to be perfect of course and would rather use the energy at home instead of waiting for first contact.

2. Xammond

Mar 22, 2014
    UK
    So my second game Tetroms is still stuck on 4.5 (US) stars with "not enough reviews to display a rating" :( Come on guys it's free all day Wednesday :)

3. maggiesgames

maggiesgames Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    You could always join one of those "review exchange sites" or Facebook groups if you wanna go down that road.

Personally think I'll stick to honest reviews though, that "give me 5 stars and I'll give you 5 stars" stuff seems a bit shady.

4. Xammond

Mar 22, 2014
    UK
    Oh I certainly would want honest reviews/ratings *only*, I just wanted a rating to be displayed was the point of mentioning it! The game never had a displayed rating since it was released, I figured as it is currently free then maybe the community wouldn't mind.

Hey for sure I wouldn't even ask, just look at the ratings for =Money= game which I jammed and that came with source code.