App Store Bundles

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Andy C83, Sep 18, 2014.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    @Andy C83- I bought / own Illusion Lab Labyrinth 2 HD for the iPad - and it is available on the App Store - just not in that bundle - you might want to put the word "iPhone" in place of the "not universal". I was initially puzzled why it did not know about my purchase until I noticed the bundle was for iPhone only.

2. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia

I am logged into App Store and I don't see "complete my collection" on some packs ( even though it is marked I own few games in those packs , and I remember paying full price for them )

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    You wait until Rocketcat do a bundle featuring Wayward Souls and we'll see who's grinning then!

In all seriousness, how hard can it be to set the "Complete the Bundle" price to use the minimum of the price calculated as it is now and the total price of the apps you don't own, so you don't have this crazy situation where the bundle can cost more than the apps?

It's not just apps bought on sale that are a problem either. I have it for the Cut The Rope bundle, where I bought all games full price but they have had a price rise since then.

4. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I already own mickey's shorts, but no discount here?

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Did you get it when it went free? Games that's been gotten during free sales don't get discounted.

Which is good in a way, esp if it also applies to promo codes as it gives people an option to actually pay for the game after trying it and enjoying it and wishing they had supported the dev.

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I'm wondering whether "Complete My Bundle" is something that the developer can chose to offer.

7. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    No choices or options that a developer can set for bundles.

8. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #28 Andy C83, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    Thanks for confirming. :)

Like others have mentioned I'm not seeing a "Complete My Bundle" in some bundles that should have it. It's all new though so I guess just give it time to work itself out.

Edit: By the way, Mikey Trilogy is excellent value!

9. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    One of the Originator apps is discounted to just under £13 because I already own their other 2 popular kids apps. If I buy the remaining Reader app that I'm after does that mean I can download it separately onto any iDevice I have??

10. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Yeah, we were just as confused when setting the bundle up what all would happen. :) But I agree that we probably just need to give it time to settle out. And thanks, we tried setting the trilogy at a price that would hopefully draw some interest!

11. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I would imagine so, if you go to AppStore on another device and then just click on that app it loads a single page which I assume would let you dload only that one. I'm just guessing here though.

12. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    One annoying little twist in the tale is that it doesn't appear to give you any discounts for apps included in other bundles which you've bought.

13. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #33 Andy C83, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    Added Chaotic Box's Nozuku Bundle (''not sure why you would buy a math game, let alone TWO...'') :D Plus bundles from Inkle and Cascadia Games. Cavorite: The Complete Saga looks like really good value.

14. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I won't install ios 8 until I know everything is safe, I really want to :(. Can I get these bundles through iTunes?

15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You can get this bundles even in the App Store of iOS 7.1.2 if you click the links on the first page of this thread. It opens the bundle directly in the App Store. What you can't do (or at least I'm too dumb to find where...) is search for the bundles through the v7.1.2 App Store itself.

16. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk

I've been able to search for them, I just typed bundle in the search box. Or if I search for say mikey boots and open the appinfo, there's a little bit that says also included in ..... and the bundle displayed, clicking on that brings up the bundle.

My brother is on the ios7 before the last update on his iphone5c and can't view any bundles from the AppStore, clicking in any bundle link gives him an error message saying he needs to use software.

So glad I updated to 7,2 before ios8 hit as the bundles thing is the main reason I was gonna update to 8 but it looks like I won't have to.

17. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    Since I already had all the other Final Fantasy games in the 6 in 1 FF Bundle, I was able to "complete the bundle" and pick up both FF2 and FFIV: The After Years for a mere $2.04!

18. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    I had MC 3 and 4, so the modern combat bundle came up as free. I didn't have to pay a cent for MC5. I'm guessing they're going to fix the prices soon, or just remove the complete my bundle option.

19. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Are bundles offered for a limited time, like sales on individual apps?

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks, yesterday I didn't see them even though I searched, possibly because the 2-3 first results were 101 in 1 apps.

So the pre-7.1.2 iOS doesn't show bundles? Wow, I'm happy I updated too! My old 4S wouldn't be too smooth running iOS8.