App Store Bundles

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Andy C83, Sep 18, 2014.

1. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Am I wrong, or did the bundle idea sort of peter off? I blame the fact that the act of buying them almost seemed like you were playing some needlessly complicated strategy game.

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I would love to see a "must have" or " best of" bundles.

3. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Yup. Four days ago I completed my Pixelbite Racing Bundle (w Reckless Racing 3) for €1.73 ;-) It worked fine so far and I didn't regret.

Attached Files:

4. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    I'm so happy someone resurrected this thread, I was just thinking about where to ask about this.

There must be some kind of hidden features on this that we non-developers are unaware of. I've had very inconsistent experiences with bundles lately. For example:

Hitman Essentials - I bought Hitman GO when it was $4.99; the bundle is $2.99, so it let me 'complete my bundle' for free.

Bundle of Mana - I bought Secret of Mana on sale for $3.99 a while back; the "Complete my Bundle" button does not appear.

Final Fantasy 6-plus-1-in-one - I bought FFV and FFVI on sale (about 30-50% off each); the "Complete my Bundle" button appears and gives me a price of something like $43 (which would be better than paying full price for the rest of the games).

Sentinels Fan Bundle - I bought Sentinels of the Multiverse on sale for $8 (down from $10); the "complete my bundle" button does not appear.

I couldn't figure out any rhyme or reason for the differing behaviors among these bundles, three of which are by the same publisher. I initially thought the Bundle of Mana button disappeared because Adventures requires iOS 9 and I don't have 9... but then, the Sentinels Fan Bundle did the same thing, and it only requires iOS 7.

5. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    The only thing I can think of is that some of the bundles have expiration dates...

6. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I think "Complete my bundle" doesn't appear when it would cost you more than buying the remaining games seperatly. This can happen if you got multiple games in the bundle for free or something.
    e.g bundle is normally £1.99, contains three games that cost 99p each, if you got two of the games for free then "Complete my bundle" would still cost you £1.99. So buying the remaining game seperatly would be cheaper, so "complete my bundle" doesn't appear.

If that doesn't apply for the bundles you can't buy, then I have no idea sorry...

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ah, no that totally makes sense. Thank you. =o)

8. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    That must be it. I ran the math on both the bundles that I couldn't get to show up, and they both would be either $.01 or $1.01 more to 'complete' than they would to just buy the other app involved. Thanks for the idea.

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I've just realised that this must mean the App Store doesn't just remember which apps you own, it also remembers what price you paid for each one. I'm glad it doesn't display this information anywhere, I don't like to think about how much I must have spent in the App Store in total...