App Store Unsung Heroes?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ToasterEater, Jul 31, 2009.

1. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    Azkend......what an awesome game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. mycale

mycale Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Switzerland
    #62 mycale, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
    Which Sig?

Here are some games I stumbled upon recently and they're quite fun:

Coins!
    [​IMG]
    I like the graphical style. There are only 20 levels as of yet however. There's no music and the game slows down for some reason if you activate the sound (it's nearly not notestable on a 3G S)

Lab-Maze
    [​IMG]
    Fun, but not many levels.

TimeLoop
    [​IMG]
    Difficult but fun puzzler with good graphics.

Quiz Nightmare in GameLand
    [​IMG]
    Great Videogame quiz game with 3 difficulty settings, minigames and board game playstyle.

3. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009

Jojos Fashion Show 2

**** App Reviews for Jojo's 2 ****

"Jojo's Fashion Show 2 is without a doubt the BEST game I have bought f…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    **** App Reviews for Jojo's 2 ****

"Jojo's Fashion Show 2 is without a doubt the BEST game I have bought for my ipod touch. This is fun, hip and actually very accurate. This isn't some corny app thrown together for you to breeze through, and discard in a week. Someone did their research."
    ~ User review: kidfabulous

...The graphics are great and the game is fun to play." 4+ Rating.
    ~ AppReview.com

"It is definitely worth buying this game as it is packed with so many features." Value for money 5 out of 5.
    ~ iPhoneTech

---------------------------------------

iWin.com's super successful clothing match-up game:

Return to the runway with Jojo and Rosalind in Jojo's Fashion Show 2:Las Cruces. Make stylish outfits for female and male models as you showcase your fashion sense on runways from L.A. to Berlin. Then capture great looks in new fashion photo shoots.

In Jojo's Fashion Show 2:Las Cruces, your goal is to compete in a number of fashion shows, proving you have what it takes to move through the ranks. Earn up to 5 stars in every show.

Can you make it to the final show?

From the best selling dress up game on the PC, with over 15 Million downloads, Jojo's Fashion Show 2:Las Cruces for iPhone is the complete product! Expect 6-8 hours of total game play without repeat.

* 50 levels of play!
    * Both Male and Female models.
    * Photo Mode - Snap pictures of your models and get scored on accuracy.
    * Deep game play; Model chains, fashion chains, time bonuses, Signature outfits, accessories, power-ups and more!
    * Learn interesting fashion "Do's" and "Don'ts".

With fantastic finger controls, Jojo's Fashion Show 2:Las Cruces is a must have game.

If you liked games like Ranch Rush, Diner Dash, Sally Spa or Rioworld: Fashion Fix, you will love JoJo's.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Simulation
    Release:Jun 01, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

4. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #64 ImNoSuperMan, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
    My sig. What else:confused:.
    In case you dont know what a sig is, I meant Great leaping lambrettinis. Link to the TA thread in my sig(signature) below.

Great Leaping Lambrettinis

Some reviews:
    "Best LCD game on the app store! Not only is this a great original LCD styled game, it's also ver…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Some reviews:
    "Best LCD game on the app store! Not only is this a great original LCD styled game, it's also very well executed - all the menus flip around the sides of the box for extra nostalgia points." Drelbs2345, USA
    "Love this game! This is a fantastic version of the LCD games of the 80's and a very clever design. It is extremely addictive and hard to put down as I want to keep improving my score." Donkey-Monkey, USA
    "Join the circus! A wonderful homage to the great lcd games of the 80's - surprisingly difficult to master but very fun at the same time." Frobozzz, Sweden

The Great Leaping Lambrettinis, a famous italian circus artist family, rehearse their new and daring teeterboard act. However, the coordination among the Lambrettinis has yet to improve. Since they are all involved in the show they for once hire a coach who is not a member of the family but still a world-accepted authority in the realm of the teeterboard: YOU!

Now it's your job to assure that the Lambrettinis make it to the next teeterborad and not to the next hospital.

This game is a tribute to the glorious electronic handheld games of the 80s, like the Nintendos Game & Watch series, Tricotronic, Tomy or Tiger Electronics. However, this is not a mere copy of an existing game but a new development, that has the look and the gameplay feeling of the originals.

Quick manual:
    - The Lambrettinis keep jumping from the platform on the right onto the first teeterboard
    - If you tap on a teeterboard the Lambrettini who stands on it jumps to the other side
    - If you tap on a human pyramid the top Lambrettini jumps down
    - Make sure not to jump on someones head when jumping down
    - The Lambrettinis can build human pyramids three man high but no more
    - Every 100 points you get a new life and get up one level
    - The aim of the game is the triumphant landing on the very left side
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Family, Simulation
    Release:Jul 07, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

5. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York
    Hit or Die
    once you get a hang of it, it's really fun
    [​IMG]

ands its kinda kiddish but the graphics are pretty good
    [​IMG]
    123..wackylands, its a lite version so i dunno what the real one has

6. mycale

mycale Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Switzerland
    @oh ok. thanks, I get it now! Great Leaping Lambrettinis looks like one of those Game&Watch games. Gonna search for a gameplay video right know :p

Hit or Die and Wackland: I didn't know about those games. They seem funny. Gotta check them out :)

7. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I like Word Solitaire too. very addictive with a good balance of difficulty.

Arcade Pool is a great little online game. Really slick and easy to pick up.

Color Drops...very very good Match 3 on steroids game. original. not "just another" Match 3.

+1 for XMotion Poker Quest, or whatever. VERY nice.

Fuzz Ball...I believe it's free. Very unique online game. Link is to paid version but they both play the same.

8. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    A hidden gem is a game like The Plateau.

Not games like Azkend!

9. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    thanks macale bought me a few of those

10. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Azkend has 335 ratings and is rated 4 stars. The Plateau has 533 ratings and only has 3.5 stars. :confused:

11. bonerswild

bonerswild Active Member

Aug 16, 2009
    I hated Anomaly as well.....

Someone mentioned that a while back, I love Isotope. But Anomaly blows, sorry, but it does. Graphics, gameplay, everything is a D+ at best.......I agree Hanto is a great game and someone mentioned Void. I bought Void a long time ago and actually called off of work 2 days in a row to play it. What a life!

12. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Sky Force Reloaded - the power ups are addicting. I used to play this a lot in the arcades and I'm glad it's in the idevice.

I'd also add GeoFighter Light Wars here. I'd probably say this and PewPew have the smoothest controls out there. These two are just slightly ahead of Isotope (which I also love) in terms of controls.

Alien Invaders - a must for all Infinity Gene fans, with a 3D twist.

rRootage - another indie dev that provides his games for free.

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Unsung Hero for me would be...Palm Heroes. Man I cant wait for the control update! :D