Apple Keynote

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JBRUU, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    64-bit architecture means... Hopefully I can run Killer Instinct Arcade with Gridlee without lag. But I won't be upgrading to 5S. I'll have to see it run by this guy who will show me sometime down the line.

2. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Looks like access will have to come through a jailbreak, as reps at Apple confirmed that they're not going to give developers access to the touch id sensor.

3. Pretty disappointing cause pretty much everything was leaked long ago.

The main good thing seems to be the cpu/gpu, but I never game on my iphone, but guess it maybe good news for the ipad 5.

But nothing that I care about on a phone like screen size (i want 5 inch screen), disk size (16 gb base with no sd card is too small), and really not too much revolutionary in this phone.

Actually makes me favor getting an Android phone now with an ipad 5 for this cycle, mostly for the 5 inch screen and sd card support.

4. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Nothing about controllers? That sucks.

5. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    iphone 5s still have 1GB ram?

6. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I used to watch things things religiously but I can't say I'm a fan anymore. One of the greatest things about Apple's older presentations and reveals is that they took an existing idea or product and polished it to perfection so they are fun to use and even the mainstream masses can use it. People now buy an iPhone to upgrade from an older iPhone not because Apple just introduced 64 bit architecture in a phone. Yes it's faster, it will run the games faster but after buying 5 star TA Apps and viewing this site every single day since day one I burned out and stopped caring about new games that came out (apparently there are more 5 star games than ever now).

The fingerprint sensor option is neat though, and it would tempt me to use it to actually lock my phone (and get annoyed how the iPad doesn't have one). I wish Apple made some bolder choices with their decisions though. For an example Siri used to do a lot more before Apple bought them, and they need to introduce 3rd party voice command options. There used to be this company called Vlingo (before Nuance threatened to sue and then bought them out for cheap) and you could command to play a song or station through streaming apps like Pandora or Rdio and that was 3+ years ago!

7. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I knew literally everything that was in this the keynote before it was in the keynote. And I don't even pay attention to this stuff.

8. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    So no iPad Maxi tabletop announcement? Bummer

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Disapponting. Nothing about controllers

This latest iPhone might be so powerful but the problem is when games come out for it the filesizes will be larger as devs can do much more graphically etc

Where's the 128gb devices?? In the old days large apps were about 600meg. Now we have many over 1.5 gig each

10. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    They need to start thinking about expanding flash memory 128gb & beyond. Ditch 16gb models like Samsung.

11. tzuptzop

tzuptzop Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    #31 tzuptzop, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    should I upgrade from iphone 5 to new iphone 5S? or just wait 'till a new iphone with 5-6inch screen comes out? I'm asking 'cos I'm pretty sure a new iphone will come out next year, they move fast with these new iphone realese
    I dont have time for pc or console ... so I use my phone on the go for gaming, internet and all other stuff... and how will ios7 run on i5 since is build specially for the new i5S?

p.s: damn, bought my i5 few mounths ago(didnt knew about new i5S realese) and now sucks, a new &better one came out so soon...

12. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I really wouldn't bother if you have a 5, developers will be trying to make sure their games work on the largest install base, which won't be the 5S for a long time yet if at all. Looks like the budget C will set the bar for this round more likely.

13. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    That 'budget' iPhone is not meant to be cheap. Those where rumours. It actually most likely stands for (C)olor. It's essentially an iPhone 5 but plastic.

14. Almostacake

Almostacake Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    What is a better investment, a 32gb iphone 5c or the 16gb iphone 5s? Beastly A7 or 2X storage?

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    You'll curse yourself for a 16gb in the future. The A7 isn't a huge step up, especially seeing as nothing's really pushing the A6 as of yet. I'd go with the larger storage.

Though the fingerprint gimmick does sound rad.

16. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    My iPhone 5 is 16gb and I've no storage issues at all. I have 24 apps on it mostly games and 8gb of free space. Now my iPad 4 is a completely different story.

17. I would get the iphone 5s, much better looking, better camera, and much better cpu/gpu.

But 16 gb is way small, so you would be doing alot of app rotating. So probably would recommend paying the extra $100 for more memory.

Actually not too impressed with either, I wanted a bigger screen size and sd card support, so the Android Samsung Note 3 is looking very attractive.

18. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    This +64^;):D

OMG, yes. A buddy of mine asked me before buying his 4s, I warned him, he didn't listen... flash forward less than a year... Oh, does he WHINE...:rolleyes:

As the Median size of Apps continues to increase seemingly exponentially, 16gb is essentially being rendered quaint.

DBC

19. Yeah, it is a little disappointing that Apple didn't make the defaults for the iphone 5s,

32/64/128 gb

With no sd card support, 16 gb is way too small.

20. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Not for people playing angry birds (a.k.a. the majority of people).