Apple's 12 Days of Christmas App - Gift List

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by dclose, Dec 10, 2013.

1. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    ios 7 and poss no apps

that's the worst crap...guess its not worth it then, unless there is an app alert.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If my memory serves me right, last year there was a similar running promo and there were like 3 games or so out of the freebies they offered.

3. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    yep.. In germany it was Shark Dash (which was free several times before) and Sonic Jump.

4. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    #24 Phoenix24, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Over the past 3 years or so there have been a few decent freebies, comprising music, films, tv shows, books, apps and games. I remember Sonic Racing and NFS Shift 2 showing in the app...but I wouldn't expect to see expect Oceanhorn or XCOM ;)

As it's all free there is no need to complain, all you do is open the app each day and there will be a new item available if you want it click the link and it goes to ITunes, if not, you have only wasted 30 seconds or less.

Glad to see its available to more countries this year.

Enjoy people and have a great Christmas and New Year ###

5. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    So they are giving out codes for redeeming or just pointing out the app made free by Apple? If it's the latter, the iOS7 avoiding crowd can still get some love if some nice soul lists out what is free each day.

Of course, that won't work if they decide to give out iOS7-compatible-only apps.

6. herzog

herzog Member

May 2, 2011
    I don't think you need the app for the free offers. Technically, there seems no reason to exclude previous versions of iOS. But they may have wanted to promote the iOS7 look-and-feel.

But with all the complaining going on in this thread, all the misplaced sense of entitlement, I feel ill at ease here.

7. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    IIRC the 'gifts' have previously been made free, but locked to certain regions, however Apple may change this this year as it is pushing iOS7 specific.

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow I agree, there's a lot of complaining here, sure apple are going to want to promote the latest iOS so it makes sense they would make it iOS7, the gifts might not be fantastic but they are free! Free you hear.

9. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Bit confused at this thread, apple have done this for at least the past 2/3 years (in the uk anyway).

It works the same as the free app of the week, the app/book/video/whatever is made free for 24 hours, and this provides a link to it.

As others have said, some of the gifts will be games - but don't expect anything amazing. I expect Angry Birds will be in there somewhere ;)

Also for those bitching about iOS 7 only, I am sure that some nice people will post in here when the gifts are announced so you can go and grab the freebies. They will still be free, and as long as the support iOS 6 or whatever you will be able to get it.
    Or you could stop whinging and upgrade your phone :p

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Dont expect anything good from that app, much less games.

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Man the spanish appstore is the worst one... 2 years and not a single game... :(

12. yearoftherat

yearoftherat Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    IIRC , I didn't download anything the few yrs because the freebies weren't that great.

13. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Well, those reindeer sweaters Apple will give away will make SOMEONE happy. And they can't ALL be games, we just make up a portion of the population after all.

Us TA cheapskates should start showing some Christmas cheer. :p We don't even know what's gonna be free and were already grumbling. It's FREE stuff.

Besides, if you've played your cards right by now, you've groomed everyone with the ol' "yep, yep, yep. I like to keep things simple and effective....that's why I give out $25 iTunes gift cards" routine. Then just sit back and reap the rewards. ;)

14. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    The irony of people on an iOS gaming site calling others who don't want to upgrade to an iOS that breaks a bunch of their games "whiners" still makes me chuckle... quite amusing, actually.

As for the angst over the freebies, agreed. Complaining about what will be free seems a bit odd. If you have any interest in it, it's now free. If not, well, "wheel keeps turning," yeah?

DBC

15. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    LOL, I'm actually looking forward to seeing what's there besides games! :)

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    True. Tracktor DJ for the anniversary celebration was SA-WEET

17. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Is it worth downloading this 60mb app.. Which basically is a link to a free app in the store?

18. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Got my old crippled 4S updated to ios7. So strange the changes. I definitely prefer 6. But that's neither here nor there. Anyway my wifi is flaky on that phone so I'm going to have to do the freezer trick to get it back working. It's pretty cool to get random stuff for free. EA's deals last year were pretty cool since I typically don't buy ea games.

19. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I had flaky wifi with my old 4S back in May. Took it to Apple as iOS 6 completely ruined wifi. They replaced it with a new 4S, then I sold it to a colleague. Got a 5, sold that to my brother, now on 5S.. No issue yet :)

20. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    off-topic/

The EA deals last year were RIDICULOUS.

DBC