Appy Entertainment & Free App A Day

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Appy_Entertainment, Feb 8, 2010.

1. AA_Stacy

AA_Stacy Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009

Thank you! ;)

2. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    Zombie Pizza is one of the best games I ever installed on my phone...
    after getting gold in all levels, I still play survival mode on a daily basis.
    You didn't get money from me this time, but I'll keep an eye on all your products.

3. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Developer
    Czech Republic
    I'm not too much into puzzles, but I have to agree, I really like MezoPuzzle. Great theme, and I like reading the text setting up each puzzle. Well done!

I showed my friends Zombie Pizza. It's a wonderful wacky weird idea with great art.
    Will you offer zombie ingredient upgrade packs? ;) Hope so!

4. According to ICS, it seems that the icon in the top slot is not necessarily tied to the current free app, which is a little weird to me, but oh well.

Also, I'll pass along your compliments to BossMan about his art for Flight Deck. :)

5. AA_Stacy

Sep 2, 2009
    We have read much about success of Zombie Pizza, but... are there more success stories? Has any of other apps listed on FAAD, got a sales splash? I mean after it came back to paid category.

6. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

apparently cocoto kart racer did

7. rob3k

rob3k Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I agree, weird. I didn't grab Steampunk Hockey the first day because I just check that top icon slot each day. But, I noticed this thread yesterday and grabbed it then - it was still free. AFAIK, SH's day is the only day so far where that top icon hasn't been that day's app.

8. MikeSz_spokko

MikeSz_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    our geoFighter got around 100% increase in sales after one day (60.000+ downloads in 24 hours)

roughly from 20-30 to 40-60 a day, so definitely gave us some more breathing room

we have also increased some increase in other games, but not that significant

overall - it was worth for us !

9. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Developer
    Czech Republic
    Hi Rob3k, I'm glad you got your copy of SteamPunk Hockey. I hope you will enjoy the updates coming.

SPH got bundled up with NPCD in tweets and retweets I was following, which might have been good press for me since they are more established.

It would have been nice to see my large icon there and I likely missed a few people, but the FAAD/OF promotion did inarguably amazing things for my sophomore game anyway - based on air hockey of all things :)

During Feb. 15-16th 62,000 copies were downloaded and I gained 12,100 Leaderboard players. Some played SPH for 90-100 levels, which has to be 20-30minutes of gameplay. There's only 24 pre-designed levels in the game - I'm honoured that they're so into it.
    I also learned a great deal about indie marketing, and staying up late to track USA rank from Europe :p

Just switched back to paid to see the effects and learn how to market up the paid ranks. Can't wait to try this again with another game and see how deeply SPH can be developed.

10. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Mezopuzzle is surprisingly enjoyable. I am not into this kind of puzzle normally, but presentation is top-notch and the stories strongly motivate to continue just to unlock the next snippet of the legend. Thanks!

11. Appy_Entertainment

Appy_Entertainment Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Brand Director
    Carlsbad, CA
    Zombie Pizza sales continue to hold at an increased level since our day on FAAD. We have Zombie Pizza on sale this week for .99, trying to catch a little search magic with the release of Plants vs. Zombies, but so far haven't seen much of a bump.

However, we are returning to FAAD on Thursday, February 18th with our best-selling game, FaceFighter. We've had well over a million downloads of FaceFighter in its Lite and paid forms, but this is the first (and likely the last) time we will offer the full game for free. So go get it.

FaceFighter sales are pretty healthy, and we aren't doing this promotion to lifte FaceFighter sales so much as we're trying to cross-promote our new game, Tune Runner. Everyone downloading FaceFighter will get a message encouraging them to also download Tune Runner (which is also a free app).

We hope you guys will enjoy FaceFighter, and we hope you'll check out Tune Runner, too.

Thanks!

(and we will likely do an evaluation of this free FaceFighter promotion on our blog in a couple weeks, similar to what we did after Zombie Pizza's free day)

12. AA_Stacy

Sep 2, 2009
    Well, you had a splash when the game was FREE, hadn't you? What happened to paid app?

13. MikeSz_spokko

MikeSz_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    oh, sorry, you misunderstood

it was free for just one day. the increase I mentioned was of the paid app AFTER the free promotion finished