Aquaria 4.99 --> 2.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Drexiel, Apr 13, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, it might not be worth it for you. It's really a game that you need to sit down and play, and look for save points before you quit... if you don't have the time, I wouldn't really go for it. It may just drop down to 99 cents by the time you can come back and actually have the time to get into a new game. Even if it doesn't drop down to 99 cents, it might have another $3 sale, or you might end up spending $5 on it... but once you actually get into it, you might see (especially if you're a fan of metroidvania titles) that it's definitely worth the price...

Anywho...

Good luck with the baby, and congrats!

2. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Thanks for the well wishes and for your opinion/input. I decided not to get it in the end. A couple of negative reviews on the Net put me off + you're right about the time thing. I struggle to find time to play the dozens of games I have on my iPad, especially the ones I've bought, so it would have been pointless to buy it now.

3. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    My advice: DONT get this even at 0.99. The controls are one of the worst i encountered on iOS.

4. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    It can't be that bad, can it?

5. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Its not just bad its horrible. Shooting enemys is close to impossible because you cant get a normal aim, and swimming in a direction is done by aiming on the screen with one finger....
    So no way to play without holding the ipad, you have to play while the ipad is on a table ect, and you cant properly aim and shoot enemys.

6. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Eh...I thought the controls felt really natural. Changing forms might keep your fingers a little busy though

7. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I thought controls were fine

8. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Controls are fine.... If you dont like

U point where u wantto go... To shoot u just press a button and it autoaims...

Oh and i dunno bout who said it, but i can play just fine while holding my ipad.....

9. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Aquaria is down to 2.99€!
    That's the first price drop since 2012!
    If you haven't bought this game yet, now it's the time.
    It's one of the iOS classics and if you love metroidvania games, this is for you.
    Highly recommended! :)

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Has this really been out three years??? Wow, time flies.

11. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    This is one of if not the best game I have ever played and finished. It makes me cry in the end and it's so gorgeous. I'm nerding out here. Controls are great, buy this game. Support a sequel if we ever get one.

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha... this REALLY needs some iPhone love... I'm sure it'd be great on the 6...

13. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Phenomenal

Still the best game on the app store IMO