Universal Aqueduct (by Kieffer Bros)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 28, 2010.

1. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #21 New England Gamer, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    So far I am just about through two sections. There are 6 sections with the first 23 puzzles, the second 25, so not sure about the next ones since that was inconsistent. In each puzzle the premise is connecting the pipes to flow the water with no leaks. In the start the blocks you have to complete your pipe are pretty free to move wherever you want them - but on a track like board. You don't just pick up the pieces and drop them. You have to slide them to their destination. As you move along there are floating platforms you must move bridges to to get your pieces off. There are transporters. There are conveyor belts you must figure out how to block. There are also switches to open locked gates. Some of these things you need to be quick and do at the same time (open the gate, slide a piece through, undo the switch so the block can get locked in by the gate). Also I have run into a couple where there were only 8 blocks on a 9 panel square - so indeed like a sliding 15 puzzle you had to move the blocks in that fashion to solve that level.

There are an interesting mix of puzzles I have to say and I am enjoying what I have played so far. The difficulty level ramps up slowly so you can get used to the game play mechanics. The other very nice thing is there is no timer. There are no scores to be had. The thrill is merely in solving the puzzle. That is a very nice change in pace. I like to take my time and plan it through rather than being rushed by a timer or the pressure of beating my personal high score.

Just sit back and enjoy the puzzles.

Edit/Add: Section 3 has 28 puzzles. I am not sure why the inconsistency and they all weren't 25 but it is what it is!

aussiepaul likes this.
  2. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Thanks for the detailed impressions. Have to wait a week or so to pick it up, but cant wait

3. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Section 3 becomes a little more difficult.

I agree with NEG. This is a very enjoyable puzzle game that ramps up comfortably. It's not too slow or boring. It's just right.

4. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Really fun game. I have been addicted all morning!

5. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    What a great game. Pick up and play for a minute. Or an hour at a time. Haven't gotten too far in the game but the controls are great and loving the p
    Graphics and audio.

All games from this dev are highly recommended. Very polished and well done all the way around.

6. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    This game is just awesome. Very polished. As others have said, it is a sliding piece puzzle game. Sounds and music are great and cool variety in the levels, with plenty of levels to play. Definitely recommend this to all puzzle games. Reminds me of pipe mania.

7. RagManX

RagManX Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    This is on my wish list. Hate that I missed a chance to get a code, but will be picking up the game in a future purchases round so I'll get to play it then.

8. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    The graphics look mahvelous!

9. MissLashes

MissLashes Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    U.S.
    Just came through to say: WOW the icon artwork is STUNNING. Props. I don't own the game, but I was browsing through the newly released apps and just HAD to give kudos to the artist!!!

10. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Great game! Loving the controls and the graphics, even the audio. There is plenty of content and this is well worth the asking price. All of the Kieffer Bros games are very polished and well done all the way around.

I HIGHLY recommend this game for anyone even remotely interested. This game is awesome

11. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    i somehow nearly missed this but as i saw the video and the screens it was clear that i would have to get this. at first i was planing on getting this somewhere around the weekend or so but some minutes ago saw that aqueduct is by the same people that did enso dot. enso dot still is one of my alltime fave puzzle games on the idevice so i got aqueduct just about 2 min. ago. i'm really pumped for this all of a sudden... :)

12. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

I am totally in love with this game. Beat the first section which was a bit easy and so far the game has rubbed off on me a ton. The artwork is polished-there's just that one thing that makes it amazing looking. The sliding works perfectly, and the many levels are challenging and filled with other elemtns such as bridges, teleporters,switches, and others among those lines. So far 5/5!

I'm really just going through levels like eating pie, and I'm not looking forward to the day when I beat the game! :) Thanks devs!

13. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    The art in this game is fantastic, everything is so beautifully polished. And, I haven't reached the harder levels, but it looks like it'll be fun as hell.

14. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    It only gets a little hard at world 3. Not too hard though. Most of the levels so far are just about having fun. Often times the level names are quite clever for the designs as well.

Job well done this game

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    I agree - they just take a little more thought and planning. I don't want to give anything away because half the fun is in the discovery but you really need to look beyond what is there sometimes to solve the level. Very well done and highly recommended.

16. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I love it; a very well made game. The artwork, sound, puzzle design and pacing are all just perfect to me. :)

17. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Absolutely love the visuals on this one.

18. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
  19. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I am really loving this polished puzzler! I like the art style, the concept, and the smooth controls.

I have one suggestion though--

Could you make it so when you complete one level, the next few unlock (instead of just one)? A lot of puzzle games do this and I find that very useful. That way when you get stuck, you don't have to retire the game. You can just come back to the level that is giving you problems later on and go on with the game.

I'm really hoping this feature will be added in a future update.

20. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Game Impressions

Best puzzle game I've played in a while!

Take the classic connect the pipes game and add switches & doors, and the aspect that you have to move pipe sections around in somewhat maze-like conditions.

Very well polished and a joy to play, this is a must-have for puzzle game fans! :)