Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Myfingershurt

Myfingershurt Member

Dec 25, 2010
    "pipe smoking just refills your mana. like in real life."

This is the whole reason I bothered to register and be a part of the suggestions and community, anyone who puts that logic into the game is ok by me. Love this game and am hopelessly addicted.

Disabling auto-select target on pets would be a good thing so i stop selecting my pet when attempting to get sweet lootz.

2. Myfingershurt

Myfingershurt Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Rogue auto dodge/block

Im playing as a rogue at the moment, and I have to wonder if it is really necessary to have the active shield button. I don't want to have to use it, i would rather have an auto blocking going on... at least as an option for rogues, otherwise what's the point in having a percentage towards parry? If I have to hit the button every time, that thing better damn work every time, I don't want a 40% chance on every accurate press of the button. I don't think the shielding mechanic is accurate enough to make having the button fun or useful. I would like the option to turn it to manual or auto. Just my opinion. :D

3. diegoz

diegoz Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Suggestions!?

Suggestions? Yeah , one. Make a sequel! I'm done playing it and it has been a fantastic experience! BRAVO!
    d

4. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    Own your own house! (not that crappy starter one),

Auto block. I never press that button anyway, and I think leveling up parry should make it so you block automatically, not just a certain percentage whenever you press a button.

More places! If you guys could add a whole new city/town that would be awesome!

Make it so we can turn off the sky - Yeah, that sounds weird, but in the options menu we can turn off most of the graphics for the ground, so why not the sky? I never really look at the sky anyway.

There should be something like "elemental arrows" so rangers don't have to pay for all the arrows. Maybe the elemental arrows could use small amounts of mana instead of having a limit.

In the callaheim sewers, when I touched the bottom of the water, it thought that all the water was gone... I was able to walk around on the bottom and my henchman was swimming through thin air in front of me, but since there was no way out, I had to start a new game.

Make the game use less RAM. That's why it's crashing.:mad:

5. Myfingershurt

Myfingershurt Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Or maybe they can learn to craft their own arrows? You could collect sticks and stuff for mats...

6. Myfingershurt

Myfingershurt Member

Dec 25, 2010
    #346 Myfingershurt, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
    We should also be able to sell off stacks of stuff instead of having to sell one by one.

I probably shouldn't fall off my mount as often as I do. Sometimes it can get pretty hairy crossing a bridge...

When purchasing items, we should be given a preview of what the item will look like on our character. I REALLY suggest this because my rogue has been running around in a plumed helm that looks freakin ridiculous on a stealth character.

Mobs don't seem to stop following you... they should terminate their pursuit after a certain distance.

How about an on screen map of some sort, or at least a compass so i don't have to constantly pause to look at my map.

I think if you are going to go with the outlaw route option, there needs to be more of a career path as an outlaw... maybe some perks to go with it, currently it's just a pain in the butt IMO.

As 23 rogue, I'm in a dungeon with 20 mobs and my stealth is randomly breaking, I'm having trouble getting behind them... why is this happening when I have a 3 level gap on them? They are green, there should be no reason for stealth to break unless im going around mobs a level above me or more... Unless these thief mobs (Smuggler's Cove) Have a stealth break ability or somethin?

Hitting my skills, such as thigh cut and backstab, only charges my weapon for that hit. I think it would be better if hitting that would also cause the strike, essentially doing what the attack button does. Also, the actual act of drawing your blade should be faster, a mob can sometimes get a shot or two off while im attempting to pull my blade.

Just spittin these things out as they come to me in game. Love this gaaaame :D

7. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    If it has already been suggested then sorry but incase it hasn't, an option to link arrows, its really annoying to have to go back and manually equip arrows every time after a close quarters fight if you have two weapons in your equipment bar

8. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    not sure if this has been suggested - but I wish that the context-sensitive use button would show up above the shield or somewhere else other than flipping back and forth between the sword/shield and the use button.

9. So I've been playing for a few days now -- I bought it when it came out but really didn't have time to dig into it properly. Now that I've had a chance to get into the game I do have some suggestions.

- Auto-block, as others have suggested. I never use the shield icon, it seems pointless.

- Auto-target option. Aim at whatever you're facing rather than having to select it. It's quite annoying to get into a multi-enemy battle only to have yourself turned around, facing the wrong enemy, and not attacking him because the targeted one is behind you.

- More consistent and proper iPad support. Too many elements are just recycled from the iPhone version, and in low res at that. The ability to reposition the D-pad and buttons would be nice too, I find them a bit too high.

- Bug fixes! Frequent crashing on the iPad; difficult to impossible to select a corpse to loot if there's either another enemy nearby or a friendly you can talk to; more explanatory instructions on how certain functions are performed, such as attacking friendlies where necessary (eg. the Ug & Og quest; haven't figured out how to complete this one yet)

- The ability to sell more than one item at a time from a stack, or to buy an arbitrary number of items instead of one or a stack from a trader. Maybe make some up/down arrows above/below a quantity label, plus an "All" button for both buying and selling where quantities are greater than 1.

- The ability to see the amount of gold you have from your pack screen so that when selling you can see how much you've got.

- On-screen compass, as also suggested.

That's all I've got for now. I'll probably have more once I've played further.

10. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

#350 Planetshooter, Dec 26, 2010
    Instead of "the Ug AND Og quest", try to see it as the Ug OR Og quests. It's a choice, a moral decision. Well, not much of a moral decision. Do you kill Ug to get the ring, or kill Og because Ug said so? Or was it the other way round? Utterly irrelevant really, and if you have qualms about attacking something that is not an immediate enemy, just don't do either quest. This may be irritating for the completionists, but who said ROLE PLAYING was all about just ticking off every quest anyway?

As for attacking a friendly, just do it. A message will pop up asking if that's what you want to do. If you're unsure of the outcome, save the game first, then try it out.

11. #351 Mindfield, Dec 26, 2010
    It isn't the moral decision -- I like that part -- rather the execution, if you'll pardon the pun. You can't just attack because there's no icon for it, just the talk icon. You can't tap on your linked weapon because it doesn't do anything. I found that the only way to initiate an attack on a friendly was to execute a hostile ability, such as shield bash. Then you get the friendly attack warning. (I did try this too, but discovered I really wasn't ready to take on either one of them. They're strong!)

There's also the ambiguity of the quest. Ug wants the ring from Og but doesn't tell you how to get it. There's no option to even attempt to accuse Og of stealing the ring or asking for it back. In other words, there's no option for a peaceful solution other than not to participate at all. Even if no peaceful solution is possible, at least presenting the option to try when interacting with Ug and OG would give the player some direction, and maybe presenting the option to attack or leave when negotiations fail would help lead the player to the options they have left and whether they want to take them.

I find this is actually kind of a problem throughout the game; there's a lack of specificity and instruction with some things whose execution isn't particularly intuitive. Getting your horse, for example. Once you get the deed, your first instinct would be to find the horse; I looked around the whole village, behind buildings, looking for the damn horse. I only discovered where the horse was when I looked at the deed and found out you have to activate the deed to summon the horse. It's handy, but very unintuitive, and there's nothing that tells you how you need to use it.

12. Neo0101

Neo0101 New Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Mindfield, if you are a rogue there is an alternative. After struggling with the choice I found out that if you 'Pickpocket' Ug you take the ring from him, without ever having to kill him. So there are many ways to approach it.

As for my suggestion, that would be the ability to choose the amount of grouped items (potions, fish, bear blood, etc.) to either put someplace or sell, so either isn't so tedious.

13. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    Or maybe both? I like your idea too. That would be VERY useful.

14. Link6746

Link6746 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Berserker (RAAAAARRRGH!)
    Saint Joseph's Hospital, Mental Ward (Long Term Gu
    In addition to the bit about save game syncing (remote saves)
    Is it possible to add skill synergies so that similar element/action type skills give each other bonuses?

15. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

This is possibly one of the major reasons that Aralon won't get massive sales on the touch/phone - it's not a casual game by any stretch of the imagination and even some of the basic game mechanics are too unintuitive to make it a pick-up-and-play game. Now, there is a market for RPGs like this, but I don't think it is currently a large part of the touch/phone market. Personally, I love Aralon and I don't have a problem trying to figure stuff out, even stuff that maybe shouldn't need figuring out!

Depending on the market they're trying to target, improved instructions and maybe a tutorial might be a suggestion. However, you're into the rule of thirds here already - people either love it, hate it or are completely indifferent. Getting someone to swap groups is very hard, all you can do is increase the numbers in all the groups. (That's not an original concept, by the way).

16. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #356 Saucepolicy, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
    Some of these suggestions have been noted by other players, but I'm leaving them to add another "vote" when deciding development priorities. As an aside, my character is currently level 17, so I'm not very far into the game:

SUGGESTIONS:

1. Add some fog to cover some of the more obvious draw-in
    2. Ability to simply clear links from the action menu, aside from just overwriting them with another link.
    3. Specify quantities when buying/selling, in addition to "Sell Stack" that already exists when buying (add that to selling as well)
    4. Disallow crafting if you don't have the necessary components
    5. Disallow the use health and energy potions if meters are full
    6. (NEW)Disallow saving when enemies are nearby and remember the location of nearby killed enemies within a reasonable radius. When loading a game, the mobs within this radius should remain dead and their respawn timers should be restarted. Continuing a game shouldn't be needlessly dangerous.
    7. Disallow executing a special ability if the wrong weapon is equipped. For instance: Power Attack should not charge up if I have a bow equipped. In fact, just make a pass through the entire game and try to protect players from accidental button presses. Don't allow players to make actions that are clearly invalid and/or counterproductive (such as drinking a potion when fully healed).
    8. Auto-close loot menus after selecting "Take All" (assuming there's room in player inventory)
    9. Ability to quickly compare loot to equipped item. Other games do this via color coding (just don't use green/red for colorblind folks) or with little up and down arrows
    10. Lower the price of glass vials. I understand that 60gp is reasonable once you level into the upper teens, but it discourages crafting early in the game-- an empty vial is the same price as a diluted health potion.
    11. Like Oblivion/ Fallout 3, keep notes, deeds and keys on a separate menu tab for quick reference and more importantly, get that junk out of my backback. For instance, is there a reason I should be keeping the note from my father, the Emerald Brew meeting note or any keys once they're used? I don't know, but I'm not going to drop them to free up inventory only to find out I'm screwed later. Likewise, it's silly for a deed (a piece of paper) to be eating a spot in my inventory. I realize there has to be a way to link deeds to the action bar, which is where the separate "Misc" menu tab comes into play.
    12. On a related note, clearly label quest items (such as spirit dust) and do not allow them to be dropped or destroyed.
    13. Longer range on arrows and spells. Not much, but I feel that I should be able to consistently get at least 2 shots off before a mob closes to melee range. Bows with a range of 25 or 30 begin to feel better. 20 is just too short to be iable early in the game.
    14. Give a warning when out of equipped arrows, rather than informing the player when next trying to use a bow with an empty quiver. It's all in the timing. :)
    15. Add a special auto-save slot, and either save on a timer or every time the player zones. This is separate from the other save slots and I'd even trade one of the existing slots for this functionality. Players can still manually save at any time, but now we should be protected from unexpected crashes.
    16. (NEW)Ability to consume potions, and/or activate deeds and other items from the inventory menu, not just the action bar. If you can do this already, I haven't figured it out-- the obvious solution of clicking on the item and having a "use" button in the info box is absent, and dragging the item onto my avatar doesn't work either. 10 slots is not enough if I have to link every item in order to use them.
    17. (NEW)For all that's holy, SLOW DOWN the respawn timer on mobs. It's pointless trying to use stealth when every mob I've killed quickly respawns behind me.
    18. (NEW)Slightly more detailed maps for towns and dungeons. Nothing major, just be consistent in pointing out locations, exits and buildings that can be entered. For instance, most overworld maps and East Callahein have location hotspots, West Callahein doesn't for some reason. Personally, I don't like the current implementation for location hotspots either, but it's a minor nitpick. I'd rather have a toggle to turn all the location names on at once so I can quickly orient myself rather than holding a finger on each location to see the name pop up.

BUGS:

1. I find that when using tangleroot from the action menu, the menu loses responsiveness for several seconds, especially when trying to change from row 1 to 2. That all but makes the spell worthless to me, as I'm eating up valuable time wishing I could equip my bow.
    2. It's all too easy to get caught between a hired NPC and walls or other NPCs. It's ugly, but perhaps hired NPCs don't have collision with the player? Anything would help.
    3. Mob AI and pathfinding seems to be easily confused. I've killed more than one red mob because it started walking into a wall and forgot about me. Easy pickings. Most recently, it was the Level 22 Gnoll Mage in the Gnoll Lair by the Callaheim North Gate. I was level 16 at the time.

17. #357 icetear, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
    Bug/Suggestion in/for Orc Fortress

When you get the quest for killing the orc leader in the fortress, you encounter several friendly border guards. If you help them against the orcs, some of them survive the fights. Afterwards you can command them - by speaking to them.
    They will then follow you (caution, no intelligent pathing here) and attack your targets. VERY helpful for the last fight (orc boss + adds).

But here are some problems:

- if you have some (4+) guards around you and no enemy in sight, it can happen that they surround you in a way you can't move anymore. Either fix this by letting the character push companions around - or by letting the character dismiss the guards, so that they will walk around again.

- after saving / loading, the guards do not recognize that they were under command and go off to their origin spot... and eventually fall to death, because they don't use the bridges. Fix this please by saving who is under your command - or by implementing a pathing that hinder them from hurting themselves.

Nonetheless: The possibility of gathering some guards is really cool :) Would be even cooler if this weren't only in this fortress scenario.

18. Kimosabi

Kimosabi Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Cooler looking armour and weapons :p Right they all look kind of weaksauce. Nothing too distinguishing or badass.

19. Actually this saved me because of another bug I ran into: After completing the Orc quest I was gathering soldiers to follow me as I made my way out. WEll, turns out I gathered one too many and they were surrounding me. I couldn't move because they trapped me, and they would not bloody move. On a whim I saved, quit and reloaded and all the soldiers dispersed, no longer under my command, and I could move again.

So, that's another bug: Soldiers under your command should get the hell out of the way if you try to move into them.

20. Zenzi73

Zenzi73 Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Berlin - Germany
    BUG: Dark Gnomes Raiders

When I want to comlete this quest I can choose my reward-item, but I won't get any reward (no 3000Exp, nor chosen item)...

I killed:
    5/5 Gnome Sparkers
    18/5 Footsoldiers

The only thing to do is to talk with Yiggdrin, but he won't give me my reward...

Can anyone be of assistence?

Zenzi73