Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. TigerXtreme69

TigerXtreme69 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I found one!!!

When you have a calendar alert go off while playing the game all music/sound effects stop and can't be gotten back unless you quit and hard close the app (or whatever you want to call it when you no longer have the app in the background) Just a bug obviously. Sweet game so far though.

2. Madgoat

Madgoat Member

Oct 28, 2010
    #42 Madgoat, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    Definitely cloud based (Dropbox, iDisk or your own servers) save states would be amazing.

That or a transferable save state through the iTunes file Manager so that I can copy them manually back and forth

3. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    touch and auto

Make it so if you touch anywhere on the left side of the screen it will make the guy move, and the right side will be used for looking. Give us some sensitivity options as well. Ow and Auto-pickup... :)

4. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    and dropbox support, then my iPad and iPhone would love you guys. :)

5. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    Sometimes when you load your game it freezes as the world is loading up. Only way around it is to load your autosave instead...if your auto save does it too you have to start a new game.

Make a way to lose outlaw status!!!!!!

Sometimes the attack sound fx keep going even after battle. You have to restart the app to fix this :(

6. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

I'm loving this game, haven't been able to stop playing my "quick first go..." and I'm already level 10. A couple of improvements I can think of:

Item comparison with whatever you have equipped in the relevant slot. If this is already in the game, I haven't seen it. This is a fairly standard RPG inventory function. So when you click an inventory item it shows you the stats for that item and also the stats for whatever you have equipped in that slot.

A preview of what will happen when you upgrade a skill. I upgraded Whirling Blades and found I didn't have enough energy to use it at the higher level. A preview of the new skill requirements and/or a warning that upgrading it at current energy level means you won't be able to actually use it yet!

Apart from that, very hard to fault this really.

Thanks for a great game!

7. TigerXtreme69

TigerXtreme69 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Ramblin'

Definitely the swipe anywhere on the left side of the screen to move is a great idea. Just like eternal legacy which I thought handled very well. Also, I'm new to this type of rpg so this may be typical but when using a bow and arrow the game automatically switches to a sword when an enemy gets too close but after the battle you have to go into the menu system to get your bow back out. This is a pain and could be avoided by allowing two weapons to be equipped at once and then just quick switching through the mini inventory on the bottom of the screen.

8. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

If you link the weapon (an option when you click on an equippped weapon) you can add it to the quick-slots. I have more than one weapon in the list, swapping between them just bly clicking the relevant icon. I don't have any ranged weapons, but assume it works the same way with them.

9. Maltbrew

Maltbrew Active Member

Aug 9, 2010
    great game so far, but could do with a few improvements..

1. give us a slider for the background music! :O this is the loudest background music i have ever heard.

2. changing options should be available in game instead of having to save > quit > change option > load.

3. if you hire a henchman, please make them move away from en enemy you just killed so you can pick up the loot.

4. Auto pick-up loot, if you choose "take all" then the bag should close immediately.

Thanks for this game though, it is beyond anything i've ever seen for iOS! :D
    youse guys rock!

10. LittleBigCar

LittleBigCar Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    update for 2nd gen ipod touch. Hopefully your already doing this...

11. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #51 Booch138, Dec 16, 2010
    After playing (FINALLY....) for a while I have a few suggestions as well, and thought this thread was a great idea. I play a mage and have a couple concerns:

1) Why such a short rage of casting spells? I mean it's tolerable, but when I get close enough I pull aggro I run the risk of getting hit first when I would rather just pull the mob by the spell.

2) If the spell is out of range (or you don't have enough mana) it should say so before casting the spell, so that away you don't waste time (not much time I know but you get the idea)

Edit #2: I see that some spells cast a farther range than others. Maybe make in the description which spells have further range (I.E. Fire Blast 20 Yards - Ice Bolt - 30 Yards. etc.)

3) With people with quests: I think it should be a different colour over their head when you accept all their quests, and a new colour when you are done with the quest. Doesn't have to be so obvious like in WoW (with a question mark over their head) but a different colour would help a little.

Edit: I've seen some people with question marks over their heads when a quest is completed. But not everyone, is this normal? lol

4) And as echoed in this thread already, close the bag when the loot is selected as "Take All" please lol. Not a huge deal but it would be a big help.

The little time I have spent with this game has been extremely enjoyable, and by far the best RPG, possiblly the best game, on the app store. Games like these make the iOS closer and closer to be taken seriously as a gaming platform. Great job guys! More suggestions to come I am sure!

12. Kronusdark

Kronusdark Member

Dec 16, 2010
    iOS Developer
    i think i found a bug, when i use a bow and switch to a dagger, it unequips my arrows and equips a torch, i unequip the torch and requip arrows but when i switch to dagger again it equips the torch again. sorry if that sounds confusing. basicly it seems like the dagger and torch are linked somehow if i equip one it equips the other automaticaly which is ok, unless i need to switch back to my bow quickly.

13. Neptunes

Neptunes Active Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Virginia
    Its unplayable on my iPod Touch 2G. Whenever I press "Continue", a blank screen shows up. I can hear the audio but theres no video. I waited 10 minutes for it to hopefully load but to no avail.

An update for it to be playable on older devices is greatly appreciated. I and probably many others are missing out and we really want to play Aralon.

14. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE ADD THE ABILITY TO CAPTURE AND TRAIN POKEĀ“MON. that is all.

15. YouSuckDude

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    Ability to make potions anywhere and still have health regen when in battle.

16. Mentalfear

Mentalfear New Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Like everyone else here, I am already very pleased with the game. Great work, you earned our moneys ;)

Now what i must admit is that i was quite dissapointed when i saw that the game doesnt count my play time!

I love to see the exact amount of time ive put in a game, and really hope im just overlooking the timer!

Thanks!

17. neostar

neostar Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    I would like if you could fix the camera sight so you can look up i want to see the sky and the sun. i, i really love your game. Thank you for this wonderful game :)

18. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    #58 theblackw0lf, Dec 16, 2010
    One thing I'd like to see is NPCs have a more variety of dialog. The ones with quests have unique dialog, but the rest give me that "walking encyclopedia" feel that I used to get with NPCs in Morrowind.

Even just a sentence giving background of who they are adds a lot of flavor to the world.

Not sure how difficult it is to add new dialog to an NPC, so I hope this wouldn't be too tough to work on.

Also it will make people replay the game again :)

19. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    The draw distance is horrible, even on iPad/iPhone4. Even worse is the way that mountains and such pop in (the ship's sail is a great example of this) or the sun appears through the horizon. I never thought that I'd ask this, but can we please have a fog toggle or slider?

Please fix the menus on iPad.

Please make it so that monsters don't literally spawn ten feet away from you. Totally kills the immersion when a wolf drops from the sky.

Please allow cloud syncing of one save slot or import/export of saves through iTunes.

And no disrespect meant, but what exactly were the beta testers for this game doing if things like the iPad menus bug made it to 2.0? That's a pretty major and obvious bug.

20. YouSuckDude

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    When you kill a monster and save the game then close the app, when you reload it the monster is back and if you didn't have much hp then you're pretty much screwed...shoulda let me beta test this game! Lol