ARC Squadron - (by Psyonix Studios, Inc)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerosoma

zerosoma Member

May 8, 2012
    Yes icade please. Would be perfect

2. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Holy ish! This looks effing epic. All I kept seeing in that video are different boss fights. Looks really impressive. Ill take 2 copies

3. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    hate tilt, but no virtual joystick puts it on the back burner for me.

i realize its a lot of work to include multiple control schemes (i'm assuming it is anyway), but not sure why some developers think that there's some universal consensus amongst gamers as to there being only 'one right way to play' anything... its guaranteed to get you lower reviews and complaints.

4. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    As much as I want to disagree with this, I just can't. Too many developers assume that they have come up with the most perfect, intuitive control scheme and refuse to offer alternatives. When the game gets released, negative reviews about the controls start flooding in, forcing the devs to scramble and add alternative controls in a future update. It happens all the time, unfortunately.

I'm willing to give this game a shot, touch controls and all, but please Psyonix do not make the mistake of providing only one control scheme. Some people actully prefer on screen controls. Some prefer tilt. Others might prefer the default touch and tap controls. Just give us options.

5. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    Before we bash it, lets get it in our hands. I'm sure as beautiful as this game is, they didnot over look the controls. I'm sure they'll be perfect. I can't wait for this!

6. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    To the devs: Is the game launching on the same as iOS on Android?

7. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    i wasn't bashing the controls, i was bashing the possibility of being forced into using one control scheme, that i'm sure the devs polished to no end, and love more than their own kids, but realistically, not everyone will share the sentiment.

no matter how good a sports car 'A' handles, some prefer SUV 'B' or pickup 'C', or sedan 'D'. there are no perfect controls, there are only options.

8. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    I'm really excited for this. I truly feel this is going to be epic