Universal Arcane Soul (by mSeed Co,.Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoen, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I don't think it's worth farming maps with mobs that are yellow since mobs deal more damage and you deal less.

I'd say stacking only strength for the lower levels is the way to go. You can't really build on dexterity until the 3 equips start rolling the stat and reach a decent critical attack bonus. You don't really need vitality as long as you can stun lock mobs. Just beware of champs and those robot guards.

Haven't played Luke much yet. I think his last skill is an Omnislash.

I advise against upgrading gear below lv20. The bonus is pretty small until you get gear with over 200 attack or defense. Might as well save up all the enchant stones for the high levels to save money.

Favorite skills for Ellisa:
    Sword Gust - INSTANT disabler and grouper
    Spiral Stab - pretty good damage, looks amazing, decent resist against knockbacks
    Elemental Slash - annoying charge up frames but it deals a ton of instant damage plus a crazy DOT if there aren't that many hit in the attack
    Iron Halo - Greatest bang for buck IMO. Stays up for a long time and locks nearby enemies into place.

Pets are game changers.

2. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Really good game! I like Luke so far and doing a 1:1 STR:VIT with a couple of points in DEX and INT every few levels.

3. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I wish you could unlock the rogue through IAP.

4. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    How have you been stun locking? Is it mainly through Ellisa's skills? Luke has some lock potential in weapons, but usually a small chance so its seems quite hard to bank on.

Did you just get enough cash to unlock Ellisa? I've been playing as Luke and it was my impression you needed to play through act 4 to unlock the other class.

I bought one pet and its a fairy. I suppose its nice, but I'm not quite sure what it is doing....+43 influence?

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #45 Echoen, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Most any attack will lock enemies, especially skills. I pretty much start every attack with a forward x2 attack. This juggles enemies on the third hit then it's free sailing. Champs have some resistance though but I've gotten by pretty well with 0 vitality.

The 2 main skills I use in my video lift enemies off the ground including elites so it's great DPS without any need for defense.

I actually started with Ellisa then got enough cash to unlock Luke. 20k. That was after completing act 4 on easy. I haven't been playing much but I'm just over a third of the way from unlocking the archer.

Influence is probably something lost in translation but that's the bonus it grants. No idea what support does though since attack is so much more useful. Look for a pet with a bonus to attack and hopefully strength, crit chance, and other stats you might like. At lv20+, they add over 100 to attack, support or defense.

Different pets seem to do different things too. The ram stuns enemies.

6. scape211

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    #46 scape211, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Thanks for the info Echoen.

Luke seems like a decent character so far. I like the one from your video from Ellisa though where she runs forward hitting all enemies. Luke doesn't really have a way to push forward and get away when enemies close in on all sides. He has an aerial spinning attack, but its not quite the same as at higher levels it doesn't always kill enemies and still leaves you with enemies on both sides once you hit the ground. In his case i personally feel putting some in VIT is good since i know he will get hit as a closer fighter inherently.

I plan to save and get Ellisa; probably should've started with her in the first place....

I got to the final boss on the third act where its just a giant crystal. Im having trouble as i hit it a bit, then move away as it gets really crowded by the crystal. However, if i move away for a bit it starts regaining HP and i can't really catch up to defeat it. Might be because I'm only level 15, but maybe I'm just missing something too. Any advice?

Update - Nevermind on the last question - i just beat the crystal. It was quite easy as all i did was stand behind it and crank away on it with abilities. I think the first time i fought it i had a weaker sword - now i have a legendary one so the battle was quick.

7. jayzilla87

jayzilla87 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2014
    I would like to see some more games like this, especially the over the top animations... They're so awesome!

8. scape211

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    #48 scape211, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Here is some info on Luke's skills i have used so far:

- Rising Slash - first skill and seemingly weak as all it does it hit enemy up into the air with a single strike. However, once leveled with barrage and coupled with the CMD sword press to smash back down on the ground it can get quite a few hits in for a cheap MP cost.

- Fire Shield - I may be using this wrong, but it seems weak. I thought this would stay up as a DOT, but it doesnt and likely requires a manual press at the right time an enemy attacks. Based on description, it doesnt negate damage, just reflects it so thats not really ideal. Even after leveling it doesnt seem effective.

- Spinning Cleave - like an upgraded version of Rising slash. It also has a wide range so it can hit enemies in front and back of you and spin them into the air taking a good chunk of damage.

- Dark Gate - I personally dont find this useful for its MP cost. It pulls enemies and damages them. I dont have a problem getting enemies close to me so its purpose seems flawed.

- Rapid Slash - this is a multiple hit ground attack. Its close range and only in front of you, but its awesome for packs of enemies and bosses as it deals high damage and multiple hits; effectively stunning enemies.

- Icycle Edge - Not a bad skill. This one causes you to spin around a few times hitting any close enemies, then you throw the sword in the direction you were facing when you started the ability. The only thing i dont like about this is that it kind of combines 2 different style abilities (whirlwind and sword throw) into one ability. When you use it, you usually only need one or the other and when you combine both you end up with an overkill, over costed ability. Better than some others on this list, but not as 'go to' as Rising Slash, Spinning Cleave, or Rapid Slash.

- Slash Run - I thought this would cover more ground and do more damage, but sadly this feels like a double dash forward with a single strike each time. I suppose it can be useful to get in close to range enemies or to get your hero away from a pack of guys, but its uses feel limited.

- Lightening Wave - this is a solid projectile attack. I recommend this over Icycle Edge for the range attack category. It does have a slight delay when you start so keep your distance from mobs when using it. But hey, the goal is to hit those mobs at a range anyways so it works out right? Havent leveled this up yet, but it adds barrage like some other attacks Luke has which usually means it hits enemies multiple times. If that is the case, its definitely worth upgrading.

Thats all i have for now. I plan to use the other skills and add upgrade them all to see if some have higher potential. Let me know if you guys find any you like.

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Woops forgot about this thread. I'm still playing this game and grinding because I have a feeling the game doesn't have that many Chapters :\ And it's still generous. You level up quite quickly and potions are pretty much unnecessary especially when your burst mode refills health AND mana. Unheard of in a freemium game.

Elissa is doing really great for me right now. I've actually kept her first magic lightning skill just because it's a long range mob stun. For her I started out putting her points 1:1 into Attack and Intelligence but I saw Dexterity can increase speed so I started putting all my points into that. However that may not be a good idea as it only increases so little per spec point. It may not make a noticable difference unless you put in a truckload.

10. scape211

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    #50 scape211, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Yea, i think Strength is actually one of the best stats to focus on. Even though Ellisa has good abilities, shes still a melee character and will be doing normal attacks the majority of the time (and strength should carry over into the overall damage of your skills too if im not mistaken). I put most of mine in strength and i think it helps kill mobs quicker which is the ultimate goal. Vitality is a good second choice, but is less important if you can anticipate when enemies will attack. Most have an obvious tell when they do.

Finished the game on easy with Luke at lvl 22. Going to run through it with Ellisa to see which i like better before tackling normal for the rogue. Quite annoying that a full playthrough of normal is required to unlock her, but oh well...

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Notification banner just read "Are you ready to have more fun?"

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Well an updated came out today though I don't notice anything too obvious. It does say it fixed lower framerate issues (probably for older devices) and amped up some special moves.

Still enjoying it!

13. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I unlocked Lith btw. I'm underwhelmed by the lack of skills (say 3) but she moves nicely. She can't run be she can dash forward even while in the air. Like the description says, she doesn't use items and instead requires upgrades through gold to boost her stats (attack, defense, wisp).

Lith's uses daggers for her basic attack but she can fire her bow as much as you like by holding down then pressing attack. Doing this in the air releaes 3 arrows spread out diagonally.

Skill 1 summons a random wisp that will support you and sends out. A ball of energy wheeveryou attack.
    Skill 2 makes you rapidly dash through enemies covering about a third of the screen in the direction you're facing and then deals massive damage to everything you went through.
    Skill 3 sends a rain of arrows forward and is great for locking enemies.

She's fun to use but I wish she had her own items to loot.

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Aw no wonder I never see her items. That's a big bummer :\

Btw, playing as the girl, I'd say 70% of my item drops are for the boy. It's rather annoying. And 80% of my high rarity items are all for the boy. I even got a lvl 7 legendary sword for him. Never stumbled on one for the girl..

15. scape211

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    Thanks for the info on the archer Echoen. Kinda wanted to see her with different daggers, but oh well. If i read correctly, you can just hold down the fire button and shoot continuous arrows without using MP? If thats the case, it sounds a little easy to just stand there and pew-pew everything.

Still playing through with Ellisa and will try her when im done. probably wont play through at that point though since it will take too long...

16. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Down + attack to shoot arrows. It's not that strong and misses little targets like the puny ooze. Better off using the wisp's ranged attack.

17. June

June New Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Luke and Elisa Stat Points

Hi everyone. I'm new to this game and i find it is addictive. Haha. Can anyone suggest how the stat points should be added for Luke and Elisa? STR/VIT/INT?

18. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    More str than vit and that's it. Personally, I went with pure str and I already unlocked Lith with that setup.

19. JARVIS42

JARVIS42 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    LV40 Elisa player here. Yep, STR is the way to go. Especially on lower levels. Tried going full DEX, the increment in CRIT & ATK Speed for every point is too little to make a difference. Maybe I'll respec IF I hit 80.
    Almost done with Normal. Very curious to see what's Lith like.

20. JMTHEFOX

JMTHEFOX Member

May 4, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    #60 JMTHEFOX, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    The latest update made this game compatible with iOS 8. No word on whether the game will be optimized for iPhone 6(+) and the newest line of iPads.

Anyway, played the game on my SHield portable and I loved it. Ellisa is my favorite character in the game because of her skills, animations and outfit. I fell in love with her flaming lance animation.

Who loves/plays Ellisa the most?

Also, Echoen, can you do a skill showcase for Ellisa for me please?

Who's still playing the game.