Are FF1 and FF2 the ONLY Final Fantasy games coming out for iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tzual, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Achy

Achy Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    #21 Achy, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
    All we can do is hope. FF1 and 2 had been whored a lot already so they spent nearly nothing to port it over, so whatever they've made already has probably paid for the port already.

Porting a later game will be a little expensive, and whether they will invest into it or not is up to them. There's a good chance FF1&2 were to experiment with the market. I hope the sales will open their eyes and they'll decide to invest more. Like I said, "hope" is the keyword here.

Another thing is the pricing on the market. They could be selling a port of FF7 for $50 on different platforms, but it will not sell in the appstore. It's all but a big gamble. Who knows? They may charge $15-20 if they do port later games to the iDevice. FF1&2 are already being sold at an odd price (8.99).

2. Godzilla[D00M]

Godzilla[D00M] Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    student
    new jersey
    well i read the touch arcade artical posted, and it said that this game was made to try and save the company. if it works, then we may or may not see more FF games, and just the other summoning stuff that they make, or we may see a whole stream of iphone FF. they look to be expensive though, and i still havnt beaten zenonia, so ill probably finish that before i go onto this. and maybe by then the price will drop.

3. Godzilla[D00M]

Godzilla[D00M] Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    student
    new jersey
    also if you guys like rpgs theres a great one out there called graal online classic plus. its the version of the old graal classic game that came out in 1999, and its an mmo. its not very big right now (only two types of monsters, three weapons with no upgrades, and no quests) but you can make a house, join a guild, pk, chat, spar, explore and more. plus they are adding more onto it and it apears that the above problems will be fixed soon.

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Read the article again and you will see it was made to save the company back in the day:

"Facing the possibility of bankruptcy in 1987 after a string of failed titles, SquareSoft (now Square Enix) only had the resources left for one final game."

I think it worked.

5. donner

donner Well-Known Member

I dont think we'll see anymore of the main FF games for quite awhile, unless of course they really rake in the $$$ from these ports. I thought they did a real crappy job of porting 1 & 2 over anyways. Theres no reason why a 20 year old menu based rpg should drain your battery so quickly and have such horrible controls. The amount of effort they put into the GBA and PSP version was waaaay more then what they put into the iphone port.

6. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    for now, Yes. they are just hand-me downs from their PSP release

7. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    noob alert ;)

like the other guy said, it was back in the day, FF is now a huge multi-million (billion?) dollar name

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    There are other DS versions that could be ported as easily to the iPhone -- FF3 and FF4 for instance. They were obviously going on the cheap, since the iDevice is not a proven market for JRPGs (can you blame them?). If the current sales hold, it might be worth it for them to put more effort into future ports.

9. sk8er4life84

sk8er4life84 Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    they are amazing! I am reliving my puberty again