Universal Arma Tactics - (Bohemia Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JagerBombS, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Breach & Clear is due to get a big content update today or tomorrow, followed by a price increase. I'd buy Breach & Clear (it's a steal at $2) first.

2. RamazAdelphos

RamazAdelphos Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    So imho if I can get Arma Tactics to work with out any bugs (just deleted and re installing right now) then I would pick this game over Breach and Clear, but just like Terraria and Junk Jack X best answer is to just get them both;)

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    When you guys say close to B&C u mean its the same gameplay as in you move and then the game takes over and simulate the actions??

Don't like such games.. I want to have control.. I love the feeling of using action points to control your aims like what we can do in JA.. But given xcom type I am also happy.

4. RamazAdelphos

RamazAdelphos Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Ok so I finally beat the tutorial lol. And I also figured out that there's was no big at all haha soooorryyy it was just you had to spot the enemy to see him. So I will dive into the missions tomorrow but I can already say this game is a total insta buy for people who love this genre. And Imho this game is better than Breach and Clear from the gameplay to the graphics to the controls. Because IMO Breach and Clears controls are until clunky and not very good. But Armas Tactics controls are just so smooth!! So once again i 100% recommend this game!

5. CalebHall1

CalebHall1 Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Male
    I wouldn't even put xcom in the same group as the other 2. Xcom is in a class all it's own!

6. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Only point to ArmA that I see. Wouldn't be AS famous without that mod.

7. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    #47 wedge598, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    I agree with this too. I loved X-Com and was looking for something more after I finished that one so I bought B&C and was pretty disappointed. I played B&C through the entire first campaign on all difficulty settings without once having to use any items or upgrade any characters. The game seems way too easy and lacks any really tactical strategy that the player has control over.

8. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Game is 500mb installed for those wondering.

9. ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Producer/Community Manager
    Kentucky
    I'd play ARMA Tactics, it's a hell of a good game. Caught everyone I know off guard that it came to iOS, and it was a pleasant surprise at that!

(Oh, and the new Call of Duty title is amazing too!)

Give 'em a shot!

10. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Thanks.

11. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I 'discovered' Arma by playing DayZ, but Arma itself can be a lot of fun.

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thanks

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    So, B&C and/or this?

14. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Just got the game despite what others said... Those who campare this to B&C are nuts... Where's the similarities? Everyone has a face a name and you equip them.. Hell you can even aim at enemies!!! Everything is under your control read your own strategy.

This has some similarities to xcom on the battlefields.. You move, sneak behind enemies and shoot them.. No simulation like B&C.. I am pretty sure those who love xcom and JA will love this game!!!

Game for big boys :)

15. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    i sure wish sanuku would do a video for this one.

16. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Does this have async multiplayer?

17. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    So what's this like compared to B&C or anything else? Is it worth getting as it looks pretty cool but I haven't heard anyone's impressions about it being worth it yet?

18. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    If u been playing xcom and like it just get this.. It's only a quarter of xcom.. But if u like B&C and expecting the same crappy experience then forget it..

I can tell u wont regret getting this.. It doesn't have the deep gameplay as JA or xcom but certainly this was developed based on experiences from both game.. It's simplified yet fun and engaging

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Cool thanks, the wife and kids are watching tv now, so it seems like the perfect time for a new game. :D

20. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #60 oooooomonkey, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    Well wow!
    This is brilliant, first off I'm playing on iPad 4 so fiddled with some of the options first, I turn dynamic camera to often, the effects to full,the difficulty to max, turned fog of war on. And I think that was it.
    Now I like my turn based games and when I first bought B&C I mentioned how it remined me of a game called "full spectrum warrior" now this feels like B&C hooked up with FSW and had little game babies,
    Because this feels like what I want from B&C it has a similar gameplay when your moving your guys around but also like FSW you get the shadow of where your guys will or can go,
    Can't comment on the replay ability yet, it looks like five story missions and a section saying more coming September, but this is where it looks cool there's a mission creator where you can either select random mission and random map, or you get to choose from different mission types like get from A-B or find and kill, hold position etc. so this looks like it will have some replay in it.
    Overall when I was playing B&C I was wanting it to be fleshed out more with bigger missions and firefights, if this is what you were after then this is the game for you.

Well in closing and to sum things up.
    Where as B&C is focused on quick and fast missions hence the game title (and personally I do like B&C as it does this well) this is that same type of gameplay but with real missions and objectives and feels more like a proper game instead of a quick rush,
    Certainly gets my recommendation, if your on the fence thinking about it then you'll probably like it.

P.s. and the missions being all voice acted and not just text helps it feel like a proper game too.

Well anymore details wanted just ask.

Edit: one last thing I just noticed it says it has game centre but it doesn't have any leader boards or achievements ? Just worth mentioning incase anyone cares about GC