Universal Armed Combat - A fast paced Side-Scrolling Military Shooter (by Blayze Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nxtboyIII, Apr 2, 2015.

1. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Yeah, no problem! I'm always trying to listen to feedback and improve the game :) Any more suggestions would help too :D

Thanks

2. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I am suggesting you to change the description,it should be more epic to lure in more players,put some exclamation marks and for God's sake remove the "You can also get inside a tank to destroy your enemies"from the description and put a picture of your character in the tank,on top of the picture it should say "Destroy your enemies with a tank!Side scroller has never been so fun before!"or something like that.

Put like 4 tiny pictures in one picture showing all environments (I'm not sure how many are there but I've counted 4 :Barren,forest,desert,snow),on the top it should say "Massive and awesome environments!"

Might be cool if you could add at least 1 handgun into the game but that's optional,the price of the game is pretty cheap and I'm sure that many people will buy it (after all,doodle army was pretty dam successful),it just needs correct advertising.

Make a cinematic trailer with epic music where you use different weapons in different environments (not just completing a level in 1 area) to kill enemies,like knifing in a snow zone,using rpg in the desert,shotgun in forest,etc.
    That's what people love,most of the players don't watch such gameplay trailers where developer passes a level completely,they prefer random parts that show all "juicy"things in the game.

3. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Thank you for the suggestions! I can and will change the app description, and I probably should change the screenshots, it's just it takes so long to make screenshots for each device, but it's do-able. :p Also, I have a video of the game with different clips in it, it's just the video doesn't show the latest version of the game. Also, do you have any other suggestions for environments or the game in general?

Thanks again,
    nxtboyIII

4. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    First of all your Game is cool, but I dont know if someone already comment the problems on the second mission cuz I jumped of the hill to kill the last enemies and one of them passed me before jump and I can't finish that mission after killing that dude.
    Sorry for the English, isn't my main lenguage.

5. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Thank you noteatino! Yeah, you need to check around you before you jump off places that you can't get back to, you can use the minimap for help. :)
    Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

6. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    What features the update will include?
    About the enviroments what about a night-teme map?

7. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    #47 nxtboyIII, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    The update will include these features:
    - Made one map night time (At night time the lighting really stands out :D)
    - Changed aiming controls to aim and shoot with the joystick
    - Removed auto-aim button (Because of the new joystick controls)
    - Added reload button
    - Added sprint button
    - Moved grenade and knife button to the right of the screen
    - Sped up walking backwards so you can walk away backwards from a grenade easier
    - You cannot kill yourself with a grenade launcher or RPG (Too many accidents happen :p)
    - Grenades limited to 6 per level
    - Added 3 IAP guns
    - Enemies can shoot you even if they are not on the screen
    - Added pause button, where you can go to the main screen
    - Added screen when you beat a level that tells you how many enemies you killed
    - Changed what the bullet shells look like
    - Blood stains on the ground when someone dies
    - Allies can have one of 3 skins now
    - PP-2000 is suppressed
    - Enemies can "talk" (Text appears next to their head as if they were talking)
    - The people's idle animation looks more like they are standing, not suspended on strings
    - Torso kicks back when firing a weapon
    - Dirt ground now looks different and has a green grass stroke
    - Added more death sounds (More screaming rather than grunts)
    - Made the suppressed AK-47 all black
    - Added a hitmarker when you shoot and hit an enemy (The hitmarker is orange if it's a headshot)
    - The screen turns red around the edges when you have low health
    - Background is less blue, more vibrant
    Multiplayer:
    - You receive points for killing eachother, and it says "ENEMY KILLED" plus their name once you kill them
    - Player's usernames appear above their head
    - When you die, you spawn at a random place on the map

I might edit this later if I forget anything. :p Hope this helps, and please tell me what you think of the changes, and if I should do any more things before I update the game :)

Thanks, and have a nice day

8. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Are you going to add gun modification?this game is pretty cool, it would just be nice to have some extra features for the gun selection.

9. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Hmm, that would be cool but I would need to work on the selection screen a lot more. If I do implement that, I probably wouldn't make the look of the gun change, just the stats.

10. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    The game is now again $0.99, there are currently no IAPs so all those free downloads didn't help make me back anything (At least not directly). Also, I am adding a reload button and a sprint button in the update as requested. :) Any other suggestions would be awesome :)

Thanks, and have a great day,
    nxtboyIII

11. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    I submitted the update to the App Store! If Apple approves it, it should be live in about a week and a half. :) Hope you are excited

12. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
  13. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    :D Sweet! :) Did you write a review for the game on the App Store? :p

14. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    So far have made back about 4.7% of the money I spent on the game. Still a long ways to go until I break even. Also, I had to resubmit the game because I forgot to remove some test code in it, so it should be here in about 1 and a half weeks from yesterday hopefully :)

Thanks, and have a nice day,
    nxtboyIII

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Sweet. I look forward to it. You should work on multiplayer so I can whoop you hehehehe

Billy

16. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Haha xD Yeah, for some reason a lot of times it says "Cannot find players" even though there are other people searching at the same time :/ But thanks also :) And any more suggestions would be awesome too

17. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
  18. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Looking forward to the update. The original does have quite a bit of issues especially on the multiplayer end. Hopefully the next update can fix most of those stuffs as this game does have potential to be a great game. even my friend who I played with thinks so too.

19. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Ok, thanks! :) What are some of the bugs you experienced in multiplayer?

20. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    The spawn location definitely needs work. Cuz it's so funny when you see people spot camping on you. Also the aiming is kinda twitchy. Example when someone jump behind you, it's very hard to turn around and shoot. The online map also feel kind big. I think that depends on how many players you have. But imagine on a 1 v 1 when someone going to run miles away you gonna spend half the day running towards him before you can shoot something. These a few more problematic ones