Armed Heroes Online—— A Free 3D MMO RPG is coming

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Serena zhang, Jun 19, 2012.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I wouldn't paint every Chinese developer with the same brush -- there are plenty of Chinese made games with original designs. And I'm not talking about litigation: the developers of AH went through the trouble of "localizing" the game and making it available in both the App Store and Google Play. Runic doesn't need to bring litigation against the Chinese company to have the game removed from both stores. Without distribution, the game fails.

I understand dishonesty in business. But this kind of stupidity is beyond me.

2. Serena zhang

Serena zhang Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Thanks for your attention. Have a look here plz.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=144793

Thanks for all your attention to Armed Heroes Online.
    If not interrupt you too much, please see our latest announcement about the recent unfair judgment from Runic Games' president.

3. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I wasn't saying all chinese companies do this (I work for a chinese MMO publisher that doesn't). I was simple saying the laws and behaviors there are much less regulated regarding this sort of thing, so it wouldn't be at all surprising if they did steal assets. As for litigation, I didn't mean they would do that to get the game removed - it would be for damages. But as I said I don't see that happening.

And in response to Serena's post, sorry but the previously posted image comparison is far more telling than those posted by a developer. It's far too easy for a developer to post images of everything BUT what was copied/stolen. And no one has said anything about the game mechanics being copied - just some of the art. That huge wall of a post felt almost like a coverup.

4. zeroofshadow

zeroofshadow New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    this post made me stop lurking, unfair judgement? you flat out stole the sound files from torchlight, and did not even correct the spelling mistakes in them. everyone should read the rest of the post in what zhang linked, and see how unfair it actually is.

5. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Yeah, the image comparison from Runic was telling enough, but the sound file list was what put it over the top. It's shameless and downright wrong what they've done.

6. justifiable homicide

Aug 15, 2012
    you might as well make diamonds free since any money you make will eventually end up in Runics pockets. I mean everyone likes stuff for free so I guess you'll have nothing to complain about when we "develop" a "donation" funded server for this right?

7. OrochiBebop

OrochiBebop Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Despite what everyone is saying ... Gotta admit it was gonna be a hell of a game ... It's us who suffer the Mobile MMO I was waiting for *sigh*

8. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    I wonder if this game is going to see the light of day with new models/sounds etc. I gotta say I was really looking forward to playing it. The gameplay looked hot.

9. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
  10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Well where is it?!

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Currently the Review Process seem to take Ages. I know of at least two Major Releases that are since two Weeks in Review and no News from Apple so far about when they will be done with it. Judging by the shit that happened in the past Apple might even go that far to take some extra Time in the Case of Armed Heroes Online.

12. Armed Heroes

Armed Heroes New Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Armed Heroes (3D MMORPG) — new version is upcoming on Oct 12th to the App Store!!!

Hi everyone,
    Here Armed Heroes is coming back to the App Store next week in its latest version, hoping you will love it.

Here is a preview of the latest version of Armed Heroes for a first look.

New 3D models:
    The latest version of Armed Heroes utilized 3D model to build the game world. Players will have an amazing visual experience in a massive multiple online game world. In new expansion, we optimized most of the models of roles, monsters, and weapons and so on. You will find a gorgeous and ambitious game world.
    [​IMG]

New gameplays:
    You are multiplayer online game fans? Or action role-playing game fans? Or DoTA or tower defense game fans? Or you are all? Then you have to give Armed Heroes a shot.

Not only allowing you to explore dungeons of various challenging landscapes, participating in furious multiplayer online battle arena and guild wars, the latest version of Armed Heroes now, brings you both DoTA-style and tower-defense-style gameplays for more exciting entertainments.
    [​IMG]

Great Storylines:
    Long long time ago when the world was full of chaos. Gods separated it to light and dark, which keep fighting each other. When it comes to the era of Armed Heroes, the light is swallowed by the darkness, and the land falls into the eternal night. You must find out how all this happened, which however is not the end but the beginning.

Different from other RPG games, there is no absolutely right or wrong here. You just follow your heart. The decision you made will affect the future of this world. In the latest version, we added new branch quests. Players will find many unknown stories in different ways, through which they will experience the joys and sorrows of normal unimportant people.
    [​IMG]

Good Tech Support:
    Armed Heroes employs self-developed engine and supports iOS/Android devices at the same time, allowing you to play it anytime and anywhere with mobile network service (3G and Wi-Fi network preferred).

More new contents and gameplays are under development. We will keep supporting and growing the game further, while please keep your support and attention with us!

Twitter: armed heroes

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Oh oh its this game !

That websites terrible by the way. Had a look at the youtube video, can the character not go diagonal ?

14. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    The website isn't terrible, it's a good tease. And no, you can walk in all directions (at least on YT vids I saw).

15. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    The website was fine for me. looks like just the kind of game I want. I don't giv a hoot about assets.

16. Serena zhang

Serena zhang Member

Dec 29, 2011
    The latest game trailer—— Armed Heroes(3D MMORPG)

Hi,

Please spare a moment for our latest game trailer:
    http://youtu.be/ZerPYhGvk0U

Thanks for all your support.

17. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Looks great! Any word on a possible release date? And is there a offline mode?

18. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    This looks awesome.

19. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I like the Cataclysm loading screen

20. Serena zhang

Serena zhang Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Yes, Armed Heroes is ready for release on Oct.12.

Sorry that the game have to be supported by network. Online Only.

This is especially because that many bosses in game are just too strong for single player. You have to team up with other online players to fight those bosses.

Plz give it a try. We are always looking forward to hear from our players' feedback:)