iPhone Art Thief HD

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by karlth, Jul 27, 2010.

1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Looking good!
    Any idea when it will be released?
    :confused:

2. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    I'm hoping to finish it this week. I'll keep posting updates in this thread.

It is though being developed in my spare time so schedules can sometimes be difficult to keep. :eek:

3. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    [​IMG]

Submitted tomorrow.

4. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Yay! Can't wait for it's release! Followed on Twitter. I'm @tecwrtr. Best of luck on your release. :)

5. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Thanks. I'll send a promo code to all twitter followers. :)

6. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    looks great to be honest, looking forward to it

now following on twitter :)

7. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Submitted!

Attached Files:

8. Theintern

Theintern Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Following on twitter @DNLOWe...looking forward to an amazing time with this game! Best of luck!

9. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    Congrats on finishing the game!
    Following on Twitter as DaTwilightZone.
    :)

10. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Game was approved by Apple a few hours ago and will become live on the 21st.

--

Art Heist HD

Play as legendary art thief Angel as you infiltrate the greatest museums in the world.

Hunt for the greatest works of art in history. Play and learn at the same time. Taxing gameplay that will stretch your abilities to the limit.

7 museums to explore, all with different thematic graphics.

Vincent van Gogh, Pablo Picasso (Black period), Henri Matisse, Claude Monet, Rembrandt, Edvard Munch and Leonardo da Vinci.

Original stealth gameplay. Avoid detection, take cover behind objects, sneak upon guards and take them out. Hunt for keycards that activate or disable sections of the museum.

Out think the complex security systems. Beam lasers, laser grids, side lasers, security droids, guards and more. Then avoid homing sentries and the highest difficulty level.

Smooth 60fps scrolling with detailed animation, rendered graphics and a full dynamic classical soundtrack.

Time challenge leaderboards for each museum including multiple achievements.

An iPad exclusive title.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Been following this thread for a while. Glad to see it's being released.

Following you on twitter as PlutoSix

Good luck with the release!

12. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Need your help here a bit.

I was wondering about the initial price for the game. The release is in 6 days and I have to decide on the price.

Should I start immediately on release with $2.99 or go for an introductory price of $0.99 for the first week? Perhaps I should start with the lower price as without marketing it might be difficult to temp buyers with a higher price?

On the other hand it is a fairly specialized game so those interested might buy it anyway whether if it cost 1 or 3 dollars?

Comments?

PS. (This won't affect twitter followers as they'll get a free promo code)

13. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I will buy it at either price. However, I think that a release special price is always a good idea. If you start it at $3 and it doesn't sell well you could drop the price but then that makes early buyers mad.

14. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    hmmmm good question

The 99c will obviously appeal to the casual buyer, and generally people have a lot less concern about hitting the buy button just to try something, but i agree this is quite specialized and won't appeal to all.
    That said i suspect you would be better with a 1 week start price, people are used to it and know that if a game interests them at all they will click the buy button straight away, and the more initial sales you get, the better the publicity, and hopefully also more reviews on the app store.

Then again at 2.99 you will get the people who are interested, and you can always have a "sale" later once you find the sales figures dropping off, and most people know that "everything" turns up on sale on app store at some point, and providing you wait longer than a week before have a sale, i suspect most people wont be too upset.

but its a toughie to decide :)

15. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    I know you changed the price on the original Art Thief several times, and that you started at 99 cents.
    Since that game probably appeals to a similar market, maybe you should take a look at how the price changes affected the sales for that game.
    Otherwise, I don't know...there are positives and negatives whichever way you do it...:confused:

16. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland