Universal Artist Master: Studio Simulator (by Locojoy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LocojoyTJ, Sep 2, 2016.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    iPhone 6 Plus. It started only after the patch.

2. merrickal

merrickal Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    #22 merrickal, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Hi All, here again. I've noticed that if I were to leave the app (but keep it in the app switcher/memory), leaving it a while and doing other stuff (opened about 10+ apps before coming back to it), the app icon changes to the coco3d icon.

When I went back to the app without closing it first. It takes me to the first screen and the same "save game not found" error when I try to load.

... Memory leak?

Edit: oh and when I try to start a new game again, I get the same thing as last time (no tutorial, no customers and no buy buttons on either side).

Pretty sure it's not just me this time. I don't know how to show you as the shots are just stills, they don't exactly show any errors until you see them yourself...

3. LocojoyTJ

LocojoyTJ Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Firstly, you have to pass the tutorial (after collect 2000 golds) to get the game saved.
    If this happened after you pass the tutorial then thats probably because you have too many apps on the background, there is no enough memory to process the game saving as the game is normally saved automatically, it's just a guess, since i haven't seen this problem so far on my own phone.

4. merrickal

merrickal Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    #24 merrickal, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    It happened twice thus far post-tutorials. I understand that the app will have to refresh itself if the device is out of memory, but to wipe out the entire save, rather than just losing data of the current scenario seems overkill.

It's the first time I've encountered this issue with a game before. I don't know how to prevent this from recurring. :(

Edit: plus it's not that the save wipe is it. I cannot get past a new game's tutorial area if it starts straight in the art academy without the tutorials to unlock it's features. Not until I've deleted your app and reinstall it again.

I'd like to think i shouldn't need to do this each time I start a new game.

5. LocojoyTJ

LocojoyTJ Member

Jun 7, 2016
    As I said it's just a guess, I have tried max out the memory usage, shut down while playing, or followed your way to recall the bug, but still don't see the problems you have encountered (saved game lost and no customers) , but one thing for sure is the icon in background did changed to cocos2d icon. I will keep investigate it.

6. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I tried hitting Load Game (post patch, Load Game failed) and then New Game and all buttons are doing the same thing-they just go in and out-no functions take place. I went ahead and hit New Game first and it appeared to work fine.

7. Yakooki

Yakooki Member

Sep 5, 2016
    This happened for me once, but now it works smooth after i released the memory in background from my Ipad.:p