Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    It's fun the first few times it happens, after that it's just annoying.

2. IDrinkWater

IDrinkWater Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Unless u got like 6 runes but no power to kill em, thats where its annoying

3. Arkard

Arkard Member

May 5, 2012
    Anyone else feel the 10 min timer is not enough even if you play "in real time"? Maybe it should be 15 mins instead. Have had a few forfeits because of that..

4. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Yeah, 15 is definitely a better number, especially if you're playing SoS which requires more decisions per turn.

5. IDrinkWater

IDrinkWater Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Game 1: 77-76 to sladeums
    Game 2: 92-78 to me
    Game 3: 83-83 to me (Last game is really epic though,could go either way)

Good games

6. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    So that leaves just me and Ashraam...

7. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Just played my first game with delerium. I lost. Now is the second game. Please be patient. Im out with my family. My timezone is gmt +7

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I like the Rat King a lot, myself, but I agree that you should be able to pick and choose which promo cards you want to use. Maybe in an update?

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I agree. I was playing match the other day we were both in the game playing and I wasn't exactly thinking about every move and still ran out of time giving me a forfeit. :-(

10. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    hehe yea :p i was like one of the first to finish most of my matches. patiently waiting for the rest of you to get here :p

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I've played some 10 minute games and had time to finish them. You really need to know the cards so you can play immediately, pretty much. 15 would be better, but there is a 30 minute timer and almost every 30 minute game I've joined/created, everyone was in it as a live game. So just pick 30 minute games.

12. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Heh I like the Rat King myself, it mixes things up a bit! It forces rune heavy players to invest a bit in power...it also gives the militia a unit they can actually kill on their own. The Giant Rats also make mediocre units like Mechana Initiate and Guardian of Sadranis a little more useful (oh what 3 honor for stepping on a rat? Don't mind if I do ;))

It's good to be the King!

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    My issue with the Rat King is that it affects the entire center row as opposed to something like Ravenous Gorph which still has a limited effect. As for investing in power and one power units, it's not like even a rune heavy player doesn't have some power cards, but it's annoying to hit a Rat King when you happen upon a great hand full of runes. That kind of situation is much rarer with plain monsters which will have to fill up the center row one card at a time.

The Rat King has its novelty, no doubt. But I hate that I have to take a Rat King if I want a game that includes Pathwarden.

14. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Pathwarden AND Deep Drone are great cards but I really wish I could play without the others.

I really hope we can have different combinations to play with. I'd love to play SoS with CotG. still fun and I understand why they did it. but I really wish we had more choice in that regard.

I repeat, the way it is now is still great. I have no issues with the game, it's great!

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I still like it. :) If you are Rune heavy, you could also make sure to have a construct or two that gives you some power each turn and/or cards/constructs that let you banish cards in the center row. That way you can likely/always get rid of at least one rat if the King shows up.

But that doesn't change the fact that I'd like to be able to pick and choose the promo cards to use.

16. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    don't forget to update the challonge site.

17. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Completed my game vs delerium. I lost 2-0. You r very good

18. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    #2558 KBPrinceO, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
    Wow, I was expecting that last game to go to you, Camzy.

Also, Celeric, wherever you are, sorry I had to leave in the middle of our run, but I had a meeting to attend. I should be clear for the near future, though.

-edit- And then I lost the next one by one point, well played.

19. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Thanks :) You have beaten me before though - I definitely didn't think this was a sure thing. And for the first half of the 2nd game, you had me pretty worried with all the honor you were getting.

20. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I agree. One other thing about the rat king, or the giant rats in particular, is that you can use them if they appear early on as a means of keeping an opponent from getting certain cards.

I'm really loving these new expansions - they really provide so much more depth to the strategy in the game. I find myself thinking much more about my moves in these games, and when I go back to playing the original and RotF games, they feel so...eh, simple I guess, in comparison. Makes me wish I'd purchased the real life SoS game instead of the original (not that I can't buy it now - I just figure once I get that, I may not play the original anymore unless I combine them).