Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Amazing last game. When you pulled the Edge turn 3 I thought that was it, and I was losing all the way until the very end. Had so many decision to make that last turn too.

2. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Wow, congrats to cprloe for beating camzy! Quite an achievement.

Speaking of camzy, holy shocking news batman! I didn't realize you were a woman - all this time playing you, just assumed you were a guy (afterall, there are a lot more guys that play fantasy card games...). I know tecwrtr is a woman, but now I'm curious - is anyone else on here a woman? Of course it makes no difference - being in the game industry, I'm just curious to know this kind of stuff.

3. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    If they are, they aren't as overt about it as Camzy and I are. I use the Flytrap Witch as my avatar, and Camzy has used the Spike Vixen and Mystic in the past. :)

4. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I'm pretty sure camzee is a man. where did this woman stuff come about ?

hey hey cprloe is good too! lol. I've lost many a game him

5. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, onewithchaos. However, I will readily admit that Camzy is a better Ascension player than I am. :)

I am loving the SoS expansion and the promo cards, but the long delay in logging into GameCenter when you first start the app is getting annoying. Any idea what could be causing the longer load time?

6. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    #2566 Artfoundry, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
    I first saw the profile pic in challonge, and then I looked at camzy's profile pic on TA - both women. Her GC account has Snake (I think?) as the profile pic and the name could be male or female though, so that's mainly why I thought she was a he.

So Camzy, lol, wanna clarify?

And yeah, cprloe is good too - but we've all played against Camzy and lost more than a handful of times, right? Afterall, she has a 2:1 win loss ratio (according to the ss she posted when she hit 1000 games). Pretty good.

7. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    Sorry ^^' It seems i haven't had a GC request. But don't forget my ID is AshraamCPC ^^

8. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    ah! you were supposed to register with GC to tourney to make t easier to add people :p

9. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I'm a he ;)

I don't like the stereotyping that comes along with it though, it's nice when people just treat you like they would everyone else.

10. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    since we have two tournaments goin (I don't know if the other one has been decided). how about the winners of each tournament compete for a GRAND FINAL!!!

I also think finals should be best 3/5. (including final for ongoing tourney on Challonge)

thoughts :) ?

11. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Yes I have to chime in and say Camzy is among the best Ascension players...it's a special sense of accomplishment when I earn a victory! That said, all of the TA regulars I play are really tough :)

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    In the SoS-only tournament I won my matchup with cprloe, 2 games to none. The scores were 52 to 76 and 72 to 60. I played 2nd in the first game and first in the second game. Good games!

13. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    Crunc swept both games from me in the semifinals of the one tourney.

Congrats to Crunc! Good luck in the finals!

14. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    I just bought the game and haven't followed thi thread so I have to ask, what do the expansion packs do? Do they just add cards?

15. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    New cards, new mechanics, new fun. The new expansion SoS is the best the game has to offer. Highly recommended!

16. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Most definitely. But stereotyping as a guy? Well I suppose there's stereotypes for both genders.
    Heh ok so my shock was unnecessary. :)

17. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Fine by me about 3 out of 5. But if we do a grand finale, do we do SOS only or with the promos? I guess we could leave that up to the two winners.

18. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Camzy, is Dreamer's Glass the new Black Hole? Also, I'm beginning to realize that Soul Assassin is a great card.

19. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    No. Dreamer's Glass is not the new black hole. It doesn't have the permanence and versatility (the +1 attack can be SO helpful) but it's up there.

I lost the tournament game against cprloe starting with Dreamer's Glass.

Oh and yeah, Soul Assassin is very underrated. If the board is right, stack offense, and use Soul Assassin to make you a rune collector as well. Good in so many situations.

Good game by the way. I thought I had it, but you pulled it out by 2.

20. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    In some ways, I think that Dreamers Glass is even more powerful then Black Hole. The ability to "banish" a card then draw another one is incredible. You can also sequester weak cards that lose their usefullness in the late game without banishing then and losing the honor. Of course it's weakness is everything going back into your deck if Dreamers Glass gets destroyed...that said there is not too many ways to directly target the construct (Polaris Demon being the notable exception). I would keep an Eemental Adept in your deck to get rid of that particular beast ;)

Haven't had too much experience using the Soul Assassin yet to gauge its effectiveness...