Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    @onlyphoenix

I can't believe that game! I used PRIME more than I ever have in a match and still lost because there was just nothing to pick. I saw an Edge slip through my fingers, and a bunch of other stuff whereas you kept picking lifebound heroes as they popped up one by one.

I'm chalking that one down to luck of the draw. Totally.

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Haha yeah, that's how PRIME can sometimes just turn into a recyclable Landtalker :p A Lifebound army is pretty formidable, and I got my pick in that match. And for once Hectic Scribe helped me collect Lifebounds together in one turn.

3. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Camzy, these really close games are getting kind of annoying. I think it's time for one of us to have a blowout.

4. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Dang it onlyphoenix I thought I really had you in that last game, Rat King and all! :p Turns out you have a lot more deck honor then me though. One of our better games though :)

5. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I have absolutely no idea how I ended up the victor in that game, especially given how both our final turns panned out. I missed out on 303V and you were able to hit Rat King (again!) as well as buy Socket Altar. I couldn't believe it when the final totals showed up =/

6. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    How's the tournament coming along? I think it may have stagnated a bit...

7. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Im still playing my 1st game with tecwrtr.
    Maybe both of us are busy at the moment, and in different timezone. Thus, it takes a while

8. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Having just picked this up, I have a quick question...what, if any expansions do the majority of online players use? Also, how does the community feel about the newer release, nighturn?

9. aoisora

Dec 7, 2010
    What i know, many of us play SoS + promo pack and most of the time + RotF.
    New expansion? When will it be released for ios? Hehehe

10. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Well, we finished the first game. I just learned not to play you at 2:00 a.m. :p

Congrats on an excellent last turn!

11. aoisora

Dec 7, 2010
    Thx. I started to worry when u got dream machine while you had more honor points than me.

Which time zone are you?

12. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    what's nighturn? according to their site, their next expansion is called "immortal heroes"

13. IDrinkWater

IDrinkWater Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Think he meant the other game from playdek, nightfall, its nicely implemented, however i find it much more complex than ascension

I would say most of the online games include Return Of The Fallen expansion, u dont have to worry bout not getting any opponents with just the original set, i still create games with just COTG and can get a game started in no time

14. tecwrtr

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    I love Nightfall, I think you'd enjoy it. It's different than Ascension, but it still makes that same part of my brain happy. :)

15. tecwrtr

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -4:00). What are you? You seemed really wide awake! ;)

16. aoisora

Dec 7, 2010
    Hahaha... Im at gmt +7. That is so much different. If its now 5pm according to my time, meaning it is about 6am in your time.

The first thing i do when i wake up is to check this game. The last thing i do before i sleep is to play this game. That is why my wife hates this game so much hehe.

I just recently gave my wife my iphone and got me galaxy S3. No ascension for android which is a sad thing. Good thing is that i still can play this game on my ipad1. However, it wont be "wide awake" anymore since it is hard to play one game during "office break" since taking ipad around is not that mobile enough.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Hey folks whom I'm playing games with. After each of my current games I'm not going to accept a rematch. All these asynch games are starting to wear me out. I think I need a break. I would be willing to playing an occasional live game, played start to finish in one sitting, if we can schedule that, but I'm taking a vacation from asynch play. I'll get back to it eventually, though.

18. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Aaaaannnnddd OnlyPhoenix got both Edges in round 7... Yuck.

19. tecwrtr

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Great game! Desuki is moving on to the next round...after getting both Pathwardens, Emri and the Avatar of Aiyana in one game. Sigh.

Congrats, you did awesomely! :)

20. aoisora

Dec 7, 2010
    Thx.total honor for my deck was actually lesser than yours. You took many constructs, along with many drawing engine cards. Avatar of aiyana that i think won me the game. Using it, i managed to get Emri and banished many monsters.

I think on last few turns, you tried to limit the number of monsters inthe center row by banishing them with "card that let u draw n banish card in the center row". But lucky for me, there were still some mosters for me to kill n gained honors.

Great game