Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ironcub14

ironcub14 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Thats sweet man. I would suggest a league, only because we might have to take our 15 ppl and narrow ourselves to 12 people at the end of Feb. I'll talk w Ananab and see what the final number of ppl will be. If we did a Swiss or KO tourney, it might be harder to take 12 out of of 15+ ppl.

A league where we all play each other once and post our scores here and we can keep a spreadsheet to keep track! Too bad Challonge doesnt do leagues... or do they?

Here's our February league at Qt3 to give you an idea.

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=71809

2. Ananab Tilps

Ananab Tilps Active Member

Jan 28, 2013
    With 15 people, you can do it Qt3 old school style, and just open up the challenges for anyone to participate. I used to simply keep track of the differential between wins and losses with an x and o system, e.g.

Ananab Tilps ooooo
    ironcub14 xxx

means that I've won 5 more than I lost (who cares what my actual record is), and ironcub's lost 3 more than he's won. Again, he might be 10-13 or 3-6 or whatever, don't care.

BTW ironcub just played in the FINALS of the Qt3 January league, so respect.

3. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hey guys, it's Super Bowl Sunday and I'm definitely up for some tourney challenges. Since we're all waiting till March for our TA vs. QT3 tournament anyways, you guys all wanna get a little KO tournament going until then?

Let's keep it really simple. I propose Artfoundry sets up a Challonge KO tourney, let's make it a best-of-3 series with the 3 decks and no promos. Winners report wins in the series by the end of the week. We have 15 guys interested right now. If we can get 16 entries, that'd be cool. I'm sure we can find 1 more person, or somebody can put in 2 entries.

Artfoundry and all, what do you guys say?

4. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
  5. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    @ironcub14 I think I have sent you a GC request using griffin611. I think you may have been too busy to respond.

6. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hey Currymutton/Griffin, I got your GC request and accepted it when I saw it! My GC is buggy though and I rmb the app froze at the time. But I do see you as a GC friend. I'll send you one.

7. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Thanks Artfoundry!

8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Signed up this should be fun!

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks, pal!

10. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi all,

I signed up for the tournament, thanks to tecwrtr's pointer.

How does this work, though? I can share this with a few others who I usually play against, will they be notified through Challonge for their matches, and how the rules are, or should they follow this thread instead?

Cheers,
    Paulo

11. MLKeener

MLKeener Active Member

Jan 13, 2012
    KO tourney

Ironcub, I sent an invite. Since we're looking at the end of the week for results I assumed we were going to start our brackets?

12. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hey MLK, perfect timing. I just noticed your invite and I came here to see what was happening. Awesom, we are up to 7. Artfoundry, does the bracket modify itself as more people sign up, and can we start playing our matches? I've played on Challonge but never organized one on the site before.

MLK, I'll wait a bit before we start our game, but we'll start soon!

13. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    I think following this thread would be the best way to go! I think Challonge may be able to send you email notifications but I havent used the notification system from them before.

The rules are pretty simple, use all 3 decks and set the timer to 7 days, but try to finish a best-of-3 series by the end of the week! The winner should report the final series winner in both in the thread and on Challonge, that's it! All for fun!

14. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hm, I see.

I'm not sure about the tight deadline for me then, I usually can't really keep up with such fast turnarounds since I only get to play at home on my iPad.

Still, I'll be happy to play, and if you guys need the results quicker, you can just consider that I lost. Would that work? All for fun :)

If we end up being an odd number, I'm also happy to withdraw my participation at this time, no hassle.

Cheers,
    Paulo

15. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    Signed up for the tourney. Thanks for organizing it!

16. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hey, we were hoping for a 16-man KO tourney, so the more the merrier! Dont worry about any odd number of people. If anything, if we were continuously stuck with an odd number, either Challonge takes care of it or one of us can put two entries with the same GC ID, this is for fun so it's okay.

Your suggestion is also good, if you are really struggling with the timeline, just let us know and if you are okay with it, we'll consider you lost it. But hey, you still got to play so it's all good!

17. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hey guys, I hope nobody has started their match yet, because I just thought of one thing that slipped my mind yesterday!

Artfoundry and all, would you like the structure changed from a KO tourney to a Swiss tourney? The difference is that, unlike a KO tourney where if you lose in the first round, you are done, with a Swiss tourney, everybody can play four rounds, even if you have lost the first round or the second round. It's a great tournament structure and I should have thought of that yesterday.

We could just restart the tourney if nobody has started their games yet and people like the idea. Can easily re-register you on Challonge. Basically, we can still do a best-of-3 series with an opponent using 3 decks and 3 days as the timer, and whoever won the series has won that round. Let us know what you think.

18. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Just to add, with 4 rounds of a Swiss tournament with 16 players, or with 3 rounds of a Swiss tournament with 8 players, we'd have a perfect 1 round/week tourney for the next 3-4 weeks and everybody can get warmed up and stay fresh for the inter-forum tournament in March!

19. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    I'm ok with either tourn type, though I've never played a Swiss type. There's also double elim and round robin available.

As for how/when players can start, currently the bracket is seeded but won't be final until everyone has signed up. Instead, I can change it so the bracket is based on order of player sign ups, in which case players should be able to start as soon as they've signed up and have an opponent.

20. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Challonge can handle byes, so if we end up with an odd number it's ok. We have 8 signed up right now!