Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Just confirming, tecwrtr, this game currently in progress is for our tourny game right?

2. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks, I accepted it. I hope you enjoy the game as well!

By the way, as I stated before, I doubt I'll be able to make all of the games by the weekend, since I really only play on my iPad at home. As such, if time becomes an issue here, I'll certainly suggest you to claim the victory, for the purpose of the tournament, and we can just keep our game going until the end, for fun.

No hard feelings whatsoever from my end. :)

Cheers.

3. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Good first game! Score was I believe 112 to 102 with myself as the winner. On to game 2!

4. almostrike

almostrike Member

Jan 26, 2013
    waiting for the rematch;)

5. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Would love to play again right away but off to catch a train figured I could finish that first game up real quick. I will be around later to play though! I was getting scared there at the end I really thought you had me you were playing great ;) Should be a fun rematch

6. almostrike

almostrike Member

Jan 26, 2013
    I got you this time:) sorry i can't play the next one now:(

7. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Yes! Best of luck. :)

8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Lol yeah great game I knew I was doomed after the first couple of rounds. Gonna be close in the tiebreaker!

9. NGKrush

NGKrush Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Just recently picked up with game and have been playing without any in app purchases. I'm an experienced dominion player but have stopped playing that because there is little to no real player interaction.

With this game i feel the same, the only way to influence the other player seems like buying or discardng the cards in the middle he would need.

My question is, is there more player interaction with the expansions, or does the game more or less stay like this?

10. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Lots more interaction in the expansions since there are events and monsters that have trophies that add new levels to strategy. Highly recommend buying the expansions it's like a whole new game.

11. ironcub14

ironcub14 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    #3351 ironcub14, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    I would definitely agree with JCman. The two expansions take this game to a whole new level. The best part of the expansions is in the 2nd one and is called Events.

Also, in the 2 expansions, the monsters you defeat are even more aimed at hurting your opponents, compared to the original game. The main focus is still on destroying the opponent's constructs and you still have the centre row banishers (I think centre row control is an undervalued part of the game). You also have new monsters where you can hold on to its reward and use it later.

I've only played the original set of Dominion. I know there are like 13 expansions lol, does Dominion get pretty crazy with all the expansions?

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    @pjft, I am putting our game on first priority, I am scanning it at least 4 times a day so I hope we can complete the game in time.

13. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks, no worries. By all means, if it doesn't finish on time, we can finish it the same, for fun :)

I won't get home until 8h from now or so, so don't worry. I'll make my move as soon as I get there. Thank you for the heads up!

14. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Hello Organizers,

Since @pjft and I are having troubles with time zone differences, would it be possible for us to play 3 games at the same time to speed things up?

15. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Congrats to almostrike who won!! last game was very close 69-64.

16. almostrike

almostrike Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Man that was tough:D GG:) 69-65 for me but i thought you got me in the last round!

17. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Oh yeah you're right it was 65. Lol I knew it was going to be very close we were going back and forth and not really gaining any great cards.

18. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    qwertjx beat me in both games, it wasn't even close. Good playing.

19. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Wow - that makes me nervous since you've been slamming me pretty well lately.

I just finished my second game with mlkeener (second win for me) - good second game - I started getting nervous at the end with the number of mechana constructs you got.

20. ironcub14

ironcub14 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    I think that's a pretty clever idea. Go for it! Dont flatter us by calling us organizers, we are hardly! :)