Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ironcub14

ironcub14 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hey guys, hope everybody's enjoying their games. We can switch up the deks for each round by the way. I'll just leave it at that until the weekend so not to confuse anybody.

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    okay, then. @pjft, I am going to send you 2 games: 1 is CotGS + RotF and the other is CotGS + SoS later today. Hope we can complete all 3 within the next 7 days.

Stay tuned.

(I almost name the sets to be ANH, ESB and RotJ...) :rolleyes:

3. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    You're suppose to play with all three packs for every game right? Guess it doesn't really matter as long as you two agree

4. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    I got the impression that as long as Promo cards are excluded, I am fine...this arrangement helps me to sort out one game from another.

5. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hey currymutton, it was a good idea to play three games at a time, but we probably do have to say something about the decks! Just to keep it fair for everybody, let's use the same combo of decks for all the three games for the 1st round, with all 3 decks and no promos.

I know you did it to differentiate btwn the 3 games, but we gotta keep a little bit of consistency among all the games! :) Let me know if this is cool w ya.

We'll definitely switch up the decks for each round, all 3 decks causes more random games than with 1 or 2.

6. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hey, heres one thing. If most of us are going to have a hard time trying to finish three games in a week, let us all know! Definitely, this is for fun and we dont actually have to finish our tourney in four weeks. I just said it to keep a steady pace for the twelve of us, but if most of us need a week and a half or two to finish, it's all good!

I'll be checking the thread twice a day, and am always open to any suggestions :D

7. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks for clarifying -- I am yet to send out any turns, so I am going to send 2 games with all 3 packs.

8. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Sweet, thanks man!

9. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Good morning, and thanks currymutton for the 3 match setup. I also agree it's a clever idea and might help us get through the games by the set deadline.

That being said, I'd also like to get a pulse on how many matches have people actually played so far. If it turns out that I'm the one who's lagging, I can certainly give up my place in the tournament to someone else - it won't be hard for anyone to catch up for now, since it's only the first week, if people do play this more regularly.

Do let me know if there are any takers for this, as long as the organizers and currymutton are open to it - maybe there was someone who tried to register, but it had already closed?

Of course, I still plan to finish our games, currymutton - please don't take any hard feelings from this. It's more that I have a hard time imagining the coming 4 weeks, being able to keep up the pace :)

Let me know your thoughts, everyone!

10. qwertjx

qwertjx Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, good games. U played well too, I just got lucky in the second game

11. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    #3371 ironcub14, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    I just finished a good even series with cprloe, winning 2-0 on two close games.

@pjft and currymutton: We didnt have anybody who registered too late for the tourney or anything. One of us can always play with two entries for this tourney if needed, but I bet you are on pace with everybody.

You guys can discuss a time that works enough for bot of you that you guys can play it live! Depending on how the results go, you guys might only play two games.

12. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Also, I wont post my results on Challonge yet because somebody wrote somewhere in a tourney I played before that, we can determine when the next round starts on Challonge by who posts the final score for the round. Artfoundry or I would wait till everybodys finished before we post the results, and so we can control when the next round starts. I dont actualy rly see the point of it, but to err on the safe side...

13. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Oh my goodness! Great game tecwrtr!

68-68. Won on a tiebreaker!

Onto game two of the series!

14. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Good game. Looking forward to game two. :)

15. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Hope everybodys games are going well. Lets see how many we have finished by today!

16. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Not sure what you mean. Challonge isn't going to set up the next round until all first round matches are reported.

17. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    I was going to have it so that I would be the last one to report the results, so tht I would "control" when the next round got set up. But i thought about it and it honestly seemed like it made no difference. So I just reported my results too!

Hey, hows our two remaining matchups going! I think one is in game three and the other one is the "3 games at once" epic showdown lol. Let us know!

18. ironcub14

Jan 25, 2013
    Ontario
    Qt3 is eager to face you all, btw. Should be a lot of good Ascension!

19. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Looking forward to playing the next round! It's hard to wait this long lol :)

20. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Congrats, Camzy. 68 must be your magic number! Good game! :)