Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks.

Camzy, wipe a layer of honey on it and it is done. ;)

Wow, I see high calibre matches here. Great if we could post some after-action reports here. And I am going to take extra cautions to match against you guys...

2. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    #542 AchillesReborn, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
    I bloody love this game. Asynchronous multiplayer works really well.

I'm 'The Raven 1983' on GC. Add me if you want.

3. rekirtS

rekirtS Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
  4. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Nice game there FPE. I was lucky that dragon didn't show up.

5. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Well I got destroyed but I was certain of defeat when you picked the draw three cards early in the game.

6. kitkeat

Jul 11, 2011
    Ahh, yes. The ability to cycle through decks even faster.

7. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    That plus my huge deck .... Oh well 3 losses so far only one so heavy.
    Revenge!

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    New update to address the crashing when attempting to play online that some players (myself included) were getting.

Seems to be working, I saw a single old invite from Arashi but even after accepting the invite it still shows as pending with a badge on the app.

We'll see how things go since the update is barely out

9. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I'm still loving the game but I never seem to get my notifications when I is my turn. I have a few times but that is out of a number of games I've played.

10. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    You learn more about this game every day.

The value of deck cycling is really dawning on me. The likes of Druids of the Stone Circle look great on the surface, but all they tend to do early game is stall you. Then there's the Temple Librarian which looks weak, but makes deck cycling an extremely fast process and in combo with a deck drawer, works wonders.

11. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Btw I noticed something strange yesterday.
    I too a drawing card (no the drawing card, 3cards) cycled twice my deck and never had it in my hands until the third cycle. I think somewhere there is a bug in the deck shuffling ... I had the feeling already for a while. Weird.

12. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Cam sorry I forfeit, wife wants breakfast

13. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Aww you didn't have to, the game's asychronous!

I had an incredible strategy lined up!

14. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I hate async ... I forget especially when i cannot predict when i can restart playing. I know your strategy, I could see it from your deck :)
    This time I was ready, not confused like the first match. And I think we had opposite strategies.

15. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    You are describing the way I play .... Even if in the last two days I am trying something else, which is obviously not working as I a loosing always. I guess deck cycling with a focused start suits me better.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Well, I'm not entirely sure I understand how this game plays, and I really don't care for "collectible card games" like Magic, as to me they seem to be mostly about who can spend the most money on cards and thus amass an overwhelmingly powerful deck at the expense of those who can't spend as much, but I think maybe this is more like Dominion? There's no plan for DLC cards that help you crush your opponents, right? Right? Well, hopefully so. The fact that this it has online multiplayer is what put it over the top for me. I'll try it out later today.

17. rekirtS

rekirtS Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
  18. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    It's not like magic it's more like dominion there are no booster packs or anything to buy, they will eventually add an expansion though, but it will be a core expansion to the game proper and not some booster pack crap. Anyway try it you will more than likely like it.

19. kitkeat

Jul 11, 2011
    noticed something when I played a few more games today.
    there's a certain level of "luck" involved. by this i mean the starting hand of 5. Because you only get 2 Militia and 8 Apprentices, if there's a card that's good like [Ascetic of the lidless eye], draw 2 cards cost 5, you're out of luck if your opponent gets 5 starting hand of Apprentices. This happened to 1 of my game with another person, there's 2 of this card and i get 4 apprentices + 1 militia, no luck. He then able to obtain both card in 2 rounds...

I then try to reverse my luck by just recruiting default Mystics to ram up the white mana pool. In the end, despite his excellent card drawing deck, I managed to edged out slightly at 6 points.. phew. talk about a demotivating starting game. he only has 1 mystic and 7 Heavy Infantry and 6 Apprentices....

Interesting....