Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Why in the world not?

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I have beaten my regular players once a (long) while but it seems to be that I have never tasted victory against EMOS.... My bad.

3. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Cos this is card game and the pictures/arts are good enough already.
    Improving its graphics to support retina eyes have no effect.. At least to me.
    It doesnt improve my gaming experience, which already good enogh cos this is great games.

I prefer the dev to work on new expansion rather that improving its graphics

4. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    I can understand owners of the new ipad wanting this, perfectly valid. The problem for everyone else is the file size increase. I wish there was a way you could choose to download new assets in-app instead. Im already getting annoyed at the size increases of my new apps, space is at a premium already!:)

Edit. Also, yes, new expansion would be a much more worthwhile update:)

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Actually I have a game where retina graphics for iPhone 4 were an optional in-app download (free), but I can't remember which game it is now. In any case this is definitely doable.

If I had a new iPad, I'd definitely want this game to have been updated for the retina display. Then you probably wouldn't need to zoom in at all. On an iPad 2 I still have to zoom in to easily read the cards. It's marginal. You can read them, but I think it's a bit of an eye strain because the sharpness isn't there. On a new iPad with retina graphics, you'd be able to read the cards clearly without zooming. Indeed this is one game I'd really want that for.

6. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I would also love to see this updated with Retina graphics...it would make a big difference in the sharpness of the card text.

7. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Would I see a difference on my ipad2 with those updated graphics? I didn't realise it would make a difference there too. That would be quite nice, but would still prefer more content:)

8. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    #1948 Artfoundry, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    Camzy, did you just take advantage of another bug? You used Reclamax to acquire Tablet of Time's Dawn (but you didn't have Hedron Link Device) - that shouldn't be possible. And I'm pretty sure I would have won too if you hadn't gotten that extra turn. :p

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    There is also a hero that lets you treat all constructs as mechana constructs. Maybe he had that?

10. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Yep. Dimension Diver allowed me to get it out of the void.

11. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Ah ok, yeah, I missed that. Those last two turns you took were insane - you only beat me by I think 7 points? You must have acquired like 30 points or so to catch up.

12. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Yeah, that last turn I played where I fished the Tablet out of the void was one of the best turns I've ever played. :p

13. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Yeah it's very playable on the iPad 3, but it desperately needs a Retina update. And the new expansion, of course. :)

14. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Again, I maintain going for fixing all the bug, add online chat, better GC support, better multitasking, so on and on before getting extra....

Okay, developer, where are we up to?

15. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    I know the Storm of Souls expansion is coming. That's my first priority (even with an iPad 3 coming on my b-day)!

In-game chat would be fantastic too. I would love to talk to all the folks I feel like I know. :)

16. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Really? I thought that you've pounded on me a couple of times :)
    Great games regardless!

17. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Wow, Camzy, I have no idea what happened with that last game. I got so many good heroes and constructs, yet you destroyed me with honor from the monsters and your few lifebound cards. And you didn't even have tons of power producing cards. You did manage to weed out many of your pointless cards while I was stuck with mine, so that probably had a large hand in it. But I think there was also a lot of luck involved. :p

18. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Voidthirster is one of the most underrated cards. I see some people with 5 runes take a mystic and infantry over it. Madness.

The extra 1 honor for killing a monster adds up really fast if you can kill a monster per turn. Arha Templar and Osiah also count as defeating a monster which gives extra honor with Voidthirster.

I find choosing a path early in the game is important. Some attack minded hands can overcome even a lucky construct drawer if the monsters are good and they can control the center.

19. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Playing a very fun game now against TheDukester.

7 constructs in hand, and I've recycled the Tablet 3 times already.

20. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Yeah, I usually try to get voidthirster if I can (and I don't see something better). Arha Templar is a tossup - depends on the situation and game status. Osiah I definitely try to get if I can (again unless there's something better).