Ashley Ao - Sci-fi Concept Art and Development Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Shaz, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Cryptopur

Cryptopur Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    OR
    Really digging the look here and the music too.
    I'm really interested to see how the lane changing mechanic works with the Z-layer. Cool concept in that alone.

2. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Hey, glad to hear your looking forward to this one. We should have some more gameplay to show soon so check back every now and then.

So here's a question for peeps reading this. Do you play games on a 3G iphone or second generation ipod?

I'm adding some attack patterns to a new gameplay element, and how much stuff we can add to any one level - that depends on if we want all devices covered or not.

So naturally we want to have loads of animations and sounds etc, but we don't want to leave out players with older devices. So the question is, do iphone/ipod gamers still use 2nd generation devices?

3. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

quick update

Just to let those who are following this game know...

We should have the 2nd gameplay element to show pretty soon. Just working out a few things but it's looking good... and playing good too!

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I hadn't realised this got a proper name now. :)

5. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I should ask one of the forum mods to change the thread title...

6. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

#46 Shaz, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
    UPDATE: Feb '12 So we've been working hard on this one, here's the latest trailer showing the 2nd gameplay style.

With this level style we're want it easy for the player to feel agile and ninja-like. So we've paid a lot of attention to the feel of the controls and the timing of jumps, moves etc.

7. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

secreenshots

Some new screenshots:

[​IMG]

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Me too.
    I really enjoyed the video with this awesome music.
    Very looking forward !
    Another two-three months more to wait ?

9. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're looking forward to playing Ashley Ao. :)

Well we're not completely sure about the release date. But yes, around 2 or 3 months more might end up being right.

(We're still deciding how many levels to release with when the game is launched and how many to release with updates)

10. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

11. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

12. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

13. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    It's been a while since I've checked this thread. Surprised the devs haven't tried Kickstarter.

15. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

I'm based in the UK so it was easier to set something up on IndieGoGo.

16. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

New art

Exciting news! We have a talented new artist on board by the name of Rahime Knight. He’ll be helping us convey the story and the world that Ashley Ao is set in. This is the first piece he has created for Ao.

Meanwhile the IndieGoGo crowd funding campaign continues.

[​IMG]

17. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

more art

Some more cool artwork to share with you all. As mentioned we now have 2 talented artists working on Ashley Ao. Here's a new character: The Agent. He’s the one who negotiates with Ashley to send her on her latest mission. He'll also sell you in-game items. Pretty good huh? :)

You can pre-order the game from our crowd funding page. 19 days to go! http://www.indiegogo.com/AshleyAo

[​IMG]

18. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

run anim

Ok so a lot of peeps said the standard run animation didn't look quite right. Here's the new adjusted version where she is more upright when running at normal speed. Any thoughts?

19. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Back on track

Ok it's been quite a while since I updated this thread. Actually development had slowed and then stopped on Ashley Ao for a while....

But it's now back on track and we're focused on getting this game finished and released.

So here's where the gameplay is at the moment:

I've been playing a few tower defense games over the last year or so and I like how they use upgrades to draw you in and enjoy making your abilities more powerful.

So all the moves and the variables for the hyper-sprint are now linked to upgrades. You start on a default power level of 1 and can upgrade to 10 as you progress.

Here's a list of what you can upgrade

Attack 1 - barge
    Attack combo 2 - kick
    Attack combo 3 - uppercut
    Air to ground attack - stomp
    Air attack - triple jump kick

Hyper sprint - duration
    Hyper sprint - stamina
    Hyper sprint - speed
    Hyper sprint - chance of replenish

Another recent change is that new environments will be reached when you get to certain distances. In testing it feels really cool when they switch over.

Next I'll be making the hazard system. So how often hazards appear on screen and how many hit points they have. I'm thinking that eventually it should get pretty frantic! :)

20. arrow123

arrow123 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Is there any chance to beta test?