iPad Asphalt 6: Adrenaline - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    This game looks ok. I personally prefer EA racing games over Gamelofts. I can never get use to their tilt control.

2. Daniel Novoa

Daniel Novoa Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    The Porsches aren't called RUF, RUF is a German automobile manufacturer.RUFs are built from unmarked Porsche bodies and chassis. Basicaly they make Porsche enhancements but since they use many of their own parts they are considered a standalone manufacturer.

But overall the game is great I love how this game features very uncommon cars.

3. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#183 Habakuk, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
    Game Impressions

Today we had an intense Bluetooth/WiFi multiplayer session (iPhone 4, iPad, both iOS 4.2.1 and never jailbroken, restarted several times) and it was a big disappointment. That worked better in Asphalt 5 by far (rock solid)!

Bluetooth: Most of the times we needed a second attempt to establish connection by going back to the main screen, "Multiplay"… etc. because after a race the game "can't find server" or "lost connection" or something like that. And even when it got connection finally there were some problems with heavy frame drops. Multiple (double) entries in the list with the drivers.

WiFi: Doesn't work AT ALL! "Waiting for players" and that was it. Didn't get ONE single working connection via WiFi. Tried several times with iPhone as server, iPad client and vice versa.

4. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    What's New in Version 1.1.6

5. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Thanks, INSM.

Ive already gone through the game and completed it, but during my playthrough the fact you never know when you've completed a secondary requirement really grated at my nerves. The mini-map is a welcome addition (should been there all along, but whatever).

That being said, behind Ridge Racer, this is the best racer on iDevices, IMO.

6. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    #186 medianotzu, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
    I actuallly just spent some time with several of my racing games, trying to decide which ones to clear off my device.

This is bar none the best arcade racer. I've always loved the NFS games, but both Undercover and Hot Pursuit just feel dull next to this one. Shift still has its place though. Raging Thunder 2 is quite good still, but nowhere close. Ridge Racer has a totally different feel than the others, and I do enjoy playing it quite a bit. I actually don't mind Asphalt 5 at all, but it's a bit redundant to keep both on my device. I feel like I pretty much don't need anything at this point other than this one, Shift, and the Real Racing games. (RR2 made Motor Academy obsolete for me as well).

I actually think Uber Racer 3D is a damn good arcade racer too, although it's a lot different than these others, thematically, as it's more of a fantasy setting without real car models. Also really looking forward to Race After 1977.

7. Habakuk

Downloading the update… (on three devices). I hope they got the BT & WiFi connections fixed. I will let you know…

My absolut favorite game on iPhone and iPad. Although it's a pain establishing connections with local multiplayers we've spent HOURS and HOURS with Asphalt 6. And we did not regret ONE second. Frantic!

8. Habakuk

#188 Habakuk, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
    Local multiplayer Bluetooth connections between my iPhone 4 and iPad seem to work now better (tried four times, all okay with the first attempt). WiFi still no-go (maybe it's my 7 years old Netgear router, it's not very reliable), other WiFi connections working (Safari…). Will test that more soon.

The controls are perfect as before, no much difference. Nice: Mini-map, even better graphics (reflections), less moiré in the pavement maybe.

This game is reason enough to buy as many iDevices as possible.

9. kingofkings8183

kingofkings8183 Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    what's the installed game size?

10. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    With the improved car graphics, i'm very tempted to get this.

11. Habakuk

When you tell me where I can see this I'll tell you. I had to free about 1.5 GB to get the update processed on iPad.

12. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I think it's over a gigabyte. compressed is around 559

13. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    If this isn't the right place to ask a tactical question, I ask Mods to delete the post.

Can anyone share some of their strategy for "Duels"? I've gotten flawless victories with no wrecks, going through all the shortcuts, etc etc, without getting anything over 3 stars. It's the only category that isn't at 5 stars, in all levels.

Though I'm not new to gaming, I am new to racing sims. Thanks for any help!

14. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Asphalt get a update with ipad 2 support! :)

15. Habakuk

^ Yes. It's version 1.2.6 now on iPad.

A bit strange: The update description in App Store is exactly the same as for the last update on March, 11. There was already a "special iPad 2 support".

Tried 1.2.6 on iPad 1 and iPad 2. The effects in Adrenaline Mode are less blurry than after the last update (as well as in the Mac version). The particle effects are more dense. Bluetooth multiplayer works almost perfect now (fast connection, stable) but WiFi still not. I could establish one WiFi MP race with MacBook Pro and iPad 2. But iPad 1 + iPad 2 (or iPhone 4): No way.

Other than that: For me personally the best racer in App Store.

BTW Asphalt 6 HDMI out w iPad 2: Very good frame rate! The same black border around like in RR2 HD. Tried the apps Solar Walk and Star Walk: Really FULL screen on the TV set (but NO image on iPad—just control buttons).

16. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    This game is fun but can get quite laggy at times. I'm on an iPod Touch 4. Once the action just stopped. I thought it would crash, but luckily it didn't.

17. Habakuk

#197 Habakuk, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    Sorry. Double posting.

18. Habakuk

This happens here too on very rare occasions. Once in a hour or so there are freezes or the car just stops without any visible reason (both disturbing gameplay). Playing mostly BT multiplayer on iPad 1 + 2.

Same here. It crashed only one or two times all together in the last weeks (and we are playing it almost every day). And WiFi multiplayer doesn't work as described in a previous posting.

19. jgynwa11

jgynwa11 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Full-time iPhone Gamer
  20. Habakuk