iPad Asphalt 6: Adrenaline - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Apologies for asking this question if it has already been asked and answered before, but what's the difference between Asphalt 6 and Asphalt 5?
    What's different about it? What's better about it? Or is it just "more of the same"?
    The brief App Store descriptions and the screenshots don't seem to imply a heck of a lot of difference to me...

2. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Honestly I didn't really play Asphalt 5 too much. I do remember having to use the wheel though because I couldn't really do well with the accelerometer. Asphalt 6 seems to have better accelerometer controlling. Not as much riding the walls I guess.

Also one thing that was in Asphalt 5 that I'm happy to see gone in Asphalt 6 is the cops chasing you and you playing the cop and chasing the other drivers. I didn't really care for that too much.

I also must say I really enjoy the Adrenaline feature. Basically you go super super fast with some cool effects going on. It comes in handy when you're behind and it makes eliminating other cars easier too, I found.

That's all I can think of right now. It's a very fun game. :)

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
  4. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#204 Habakuk, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    ^ Thanks russiaone! I own all Asphalt versions inclusive the newest Mac version.

In contrary to Real Racing 2 all the fabulous, exciting and graphically stunning racing tracks in Asphalt 6 are completely NEW! Asphalt 5 is a bit harder maybe, I personally loved the cop chases (mentioned in a posting above) but they were criticized as too hard and people (casual gamers) couldn't progress career mode. There are new racing modes and challenges as well and all cars and bikes (all of them with homologation for road service/MOT approval/Straßenzulassung) are new and the latest of the brands. Article on the Volkswagen with 1,200 pieces of horse power :) in German Mag "Spiegel" with some pretty photos (click or tap on "Fotostrecke").

There are no more cops although I am driving like a criminal. I am missing them a bit. But maybe that's just me.

Polished in all details up to the nitro drops being a bit better visible. Slow motion studies of the crashes weren't existent in Asphalt 5. There was no overwhelming and dramatic Adrenaline Mode with shaky neon colors. In Asphalt 6: Adrenaline you can move around in the garage like in a shooter with some kind of augmented reality gyro controls supported by the newer devices (similar as in N.O.V.A.). All menues, technical and upgrade options are more detailed than before. Fascinating particle effects (smoking wheels…). There are new double arrow symbols on the streets (looking like a Citroën emblem)—they will fire you up to an immense tempo for a very short time together with an interesting rattling sound.

You are driving through spectacular aquarium tunnels in Nassau, besides glueing lava streams in Iceland, through metro stations (!) in New York and MUCH MORE to detect. You race most of the challenges during normal traffic hours as illegal as possible. The only thing not being real is the fact that your cars are healing always themselves. Mind the right-hand steering countries. Watch the fabulous U.S. classic vintage cars in Cuba. Dirty and slippery offroad tracks in the suburbs of New Orleans while thunderstorm. You can find the shortcuts in the mini map. Completely crazy jumps (four times in series in Cape Town). The pretty exotic tracks belong to the very strengths of Asphalt. Weather like fog, rain and snow, night races—you'll miss nothing; promised!

The graphics and sounds are totally awesome on all iOS devices. Never seen such detailed and different asphalt textures in a game, you can tell in what part of the world you drive just by watching the pavement. Since there is still a tiny bit of moiré visible in the older devices you can't see it any more on iPhone 4 and iPad 2 after the last updates. Perfect and accurate precise controls (supports gyro sensors), nice video out (with black frame like RR2) with HDMI adapter. Rock stable and pleasing frame rate. Very rare freezes in multiplayer races. You have to watch very carefully for being able to recognize some pop-upping in the far far distance sometimes.

Could someone please stop me? I want to tell you of that piece of software for hours and days. Sorry for my bad English. Fire up the THREE nitro levels (tap tap tap) and LISTEN to the feeling in your stomach! Be careful and actuate Adrenaline mode wisely and strategic: Catch the next nitro drop while it lasts and it will be prolonged. Find the right point to launch.

For me personally it's the best iOS racer and the best computer game of all times since many months. I am playing bluetooth multiplayer mostly and almost every day with some friends.—A complete new and sparkling gaming experience since Asphalt 5. You can mix Mac, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad combatants in the same race, that's awesome! We never experienced such a speed feeling in any racer—even not in space shooters or hypermodern non-grav racers. There are even some female racers (old and young!) who like it because it's so pretty to watch—and they are driving and drifting not bad! It's like a trippy flight on the ground!!

A must have for supercar fans (the list is delicious) and lovers of exotic surroundings. Pure and most intense action! I wrote a review on Asphalt 6 Adrenaline. It's German-language but you'll find comprehensive lists of challenges, tracks, cars and bikes.

If there are any questions please just ask. For the buck it would be more than stupid not to download both versions (iPhone, iPad). There is some kind of an iPhone lite version of Asphalt 6 you can try before buying: Asphalt Audi RS3 with only one (rather weak) car, no upgrade options, only two tracks and two challenges afair but with original controls, graphics and sounds.

If you missed the sale, don't worry. I am watching Gameloft's pricing for some years and I am quite sure there will be another one in a few months. BUT remember: Every day without Asphalt 6: Adrenaline is a lost day! What exactly did you buy your iPhone or iPad for?! Go and make use of it. ;)

My garage is prettier than yours!

5. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Thanks for the replies! :)

6. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Asphalt 6 is prettier, more stylish, and runs like frozen molasses on my first gen unit. There's also an "Adrenaline" mode that kicks in when you hit turbo with the meter filled... everything turns blue and you streak past the competition. In addition to all that, there's a sassy announcer that's cute for three minutes, then becomes despairingly annoying later.

One other thing... I find that the game doesn't control as well as its predecessor. It's very touchy, especially in the tilt mode. That could be the fault of my admittedly old iPod Touch (oh god how I want a new one) but you may want to read a few reviews to know for sure.

7. magnum_2107

magnum_2107 Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Can anyone explain how to get 5 stars in the Duel race mode (or more specifically, all 3 stars for the primary objective)? Do you have to be in first place through every checkpoint?

Thanks.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It controls much better than A5 on my IPhone 4. In a way, it's redundant to say that a game performs poorly on your (older device) and controls badly. Most control issues are performance issues -- the system is running too slowly to register input properly.

If you are interested in this current generation of action games, it might be time to upgrade your device. The difference in performance and graphical quality is astronomical.

9. boochee

boochee New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    @habakuk hey man, any luck with Asphalt 6 wifi multiplayer? really frustrating experience for my friends and i! BT works fine... can't seem to find any other person experiencing this... hit me back tks :)

10. boochee

boochee New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    lol... i reverse-jinxed it! works now... but not 100% though... requires a lot of restarting of the app

11. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Since I've upgraded my home Wi-Fi with a shiny new Apple AirPort Extreme Asphalt 6 Wi-Fi local multiplayer works rock solid and like a charm with our iPads and iPhones. Difference to bluetooth mp: The race will be filled up with AI cars.

It never worked with my old Netgear router. Wi-Fi is still a mystery for me…

12. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    By the way, the Mac version (Mac App Store) is on sale for a buck today. I already have the iPad version, and I believe (from the Gameloft forums) that you can play multiplayer between the different platforms. So I grabbed the Mac version too so I have two seats!

It has only arrow-key controls (hope they add mouse/trackpad and gamepad support) but in my quick test it still controlled quite easily. Graphically, it looks like it does on my iPad 2 (but higher res). There are prettier racing games for Mac, but this is cheap fun with a low learning curve, making it perfect for LAN play against friends who don’t game as much as I do.

13. Xysm

Xysm Active Member

May 23, 2010
    Now free. The HD version is also free.

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    WTF? Last time I checked this game was selling well at £2.99 and all of a sudden it's free? I guess they expect it to be more profitable by making it free and hoping people buy the IAP. Anyway, it's a great game, one of the best arcade racers available for iOS IMO.

15. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
  16. Jster

Jster Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    brought HD version long time ago, iphone version is downloading

17. Team Rocket

Team Rocket Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Damn! I always seem to buy games just befor a free promotion lol
    Still this is one of the best racers in my view and well worth the price ;)

18. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

What's New in Version 1.3.3

IMPROVED VISUALS ON iPhone 4S
    Asphalt 6: Adrenaline is back with a big bang in a special iPhone 4S update that takes full advantage of this incredible new device with even faster gameplay and incredible new visual features!
    * Smoother real-time reflection on the windshields for a heightened feeling of speed
    * Real-time road lighting gives the tracks an even more detailed and realistic look
    * Motion blur is activated during Adrenaline and crashes, giving these sequences a more cinematic and awesome feel
    * Real-time shadows under the player’s car
    * Improved track draw distance and modeling of opponents' cars
    * Improved particle effects (tire smoke, collision particles, offroad driving particles)
    * And all these in a game that runs twice as fast as previous iPhone models - Asphalt 6: Adrenaline is simply at its best on the iPhone 4S
    We also want to thank all our racing fans for making Asphalt 6: Adrenaline the most downloaded and best rated racing game on the App Store!
    Thanks for your support, we’ll continue to add more features and surprises to deliver the most addictive and entertaining racing experience on iPhone.

19. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Love the game and would care about the new update if I had a 4s or iPad 2. But hey I'm always glad to see continuous support from devs on their games. Well done.