iPad Asphalt 6: Adrenaline - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #141 LBG, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
    Well here's the list of all the events. Some of them are new and some have been modified.

- Normal Race

- Beat em' all (eliminate a certain amount of other cars within the time limit)

- Elimination (there's a timer which counts down from a minute and whoever is in last place when the clock reaces zero is eliminates, then the timer resets and it repeats until only you are left).

- Under Pressure (the other cars are trying to make you crash, you have to survive)

- Drift (rack up a certain amount of drift points)

- Collector (collect a certain amount of money)

- Duel (race against one other car, you have to come first to win)

- Time Attack (I haven't played this mode yet, I guess it's like Outrun where you have to reach checkpoint before the time runs out).

If you didn't like previous Asphalt games, then I can't guarantee you'll like this one. But it's definitely a big improvement from Asphalt 5.

2. DexT79

DexT79 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Thanks, will do asap!

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Okay, cool. Judging from Der-Kleine's videos, I think I'll get it.

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    How is quick race?
    Are the different modes free to use on all tracks or are some modes only tied to certain tracks?

5. Invadorgrey

Invadorgrey Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    student
    Chicago
    Downloading now from itunes, 1 more minute now!

6. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    You won't regret it..

7. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

In quick race you can use all tracks you've previously unlocked in career mode. There are four racing events available for each of the twelve tracks (I checked five or so): Normal, Beat 'em all, Elimination and Collector.

8. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    #148 medianotzu, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
    Game Impressions

I'm 16% finished with the campaign now and starting to get a bit concerned with the difficulty balance because I haven't ever really even come close to coming in 2nd in a race. The races are fun, and weirdly it always seems like there are way more than 6 people involved in the race because there is always someone around to smash into a wall, but the challenge isn't there so far. Hopefully, since I'm only on the 2nd circuit and there are, I think, 11 total, it will get a lot more challenging later on.

I also find myself wishing there were more than 12 different tracks, but on the other hand they do seem pretty well-designed, with all the shortcuts and varied scenery. And I guess having the 44 different cars or whatever the number is kind of evens it out.

I was disappointed to find that the Under Pressure event isn't in every circuit...but then you are battling other cars pretty consistently throughout most of the modes anyway. I don't really have any use for the ones where you're not, however, like time trial and drift.

Overall though, I'm really happy with the game. Just hoping for some more challenge later on.

9. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Man, the rubberbanding in this game is almost unbearable.

And does anyone else notice the first few seconds of the race are a joke, the AI just blows right past you regardless of what you drive, or what they drive.

10. Habakuk

#150 Habakuk, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
    I'm 45% on iPad (less on iPhone).

Maybe A6 is a tiny bit too easy in career mode (as A5 was a tiny bit too difficult). No cops. But it's pretty challenging anyway trying to make five stars on each event.

Same here. :)

Just try to win some online multiplayer races. There are really skilled people outside with fast & upgraded cars…

List with selected cars in Asphalt 6:

Bentley Speed 8
    Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport
    Aston Martin One-77
    Pagani Zondo Cinque
    The Porsches are called „RUF“
    Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV
    Ferrari 599 GTO
    McLaren MP4-12C
    Ferrari 458 Italia
    Audi R8
    Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
    Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss
    Bentley Continental Supersports
    Maserati Gran Turismo 5
    BMW M3 GTS

[​IMG]

Full size image (iPad) of Bentley Speed.

11. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Yes. It got a lot worse in the later circuits.

and that's the only way it gets more challenging later on..the AI is simply faster than you and it takes longer to catch up. I've had them catch up back to me ten seconds even after eliminating them with an adrenaline boost.

12. 2hvy4grvty

Feb 10, 2010
    This game seemed like a pretty bad purchase with Hot Pursuit being .99, and just as much content, but with far better gameplay.

13. han0007

han0007 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    First Officer Qantas.
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ok all you're positive feedback, just made me click 'Buy' and 'install'. Downloading now.. Hope it is better than A5 for me. Im liking the motorcycle pic.

14. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    http://www.iphones.ru/iNotes/106122

Translation:
    Completely agree with this verdict. Game suxx. Period.

Gameloft, start to make games and not money!!1 :mad:

15. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Before you do posts like this check on the details. Asphalt 6 does not have GameCenter. So no you cant.

16. Habakuk

Completely disagree.

You know, I have RR and Asphalt (5+6) on both iPhone and iPad since months (okay A6 is new). And we are some friends here (most of them bringing their own devices with both apps installed) who love to do local multiplayer races for HOURS. At the beginning I always come up with the question: Which racer? RR or Asphalt? And the majority of us always votes for Asphalt.

It's just more FUN. More sense for speed. More fights. More elite cars. Prettier tracks. Awesome jumps, ramps and shortcuts. More action.

When we switch to RR maybe after some time it's mostly a short experience just because the lack of NITRO boosts. We'll have to close the session with Asphalt again.

I personally like RR as well (more than my friends) but still pondering if downloading RR2 or not.

17. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    The thing is that when you compare RR and Asphalt 6 its close. But then compare RR2 and Asphalt 6 and RR2 wins by a mile.

You should dev get RR2

18. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    #158 Simon Potticary, Dec 22, 2010
    For me, Asphalt 6 sits just behind NFS: Hot Pursuit as the No.2 arcade racer on the App Store. Graphics are stunning, but if you're looking for proper racing perfection, Real Racing 2 is where it's at. Although it must be noted that both NFS:HP and A6 trounce RR2 on sheer variety of car selection. RR2 disappoints in this regard. Volvo's, really??

19. 2hvy4grvty

Feb 10, 2010
    #159 2hvy4grvty, Dec 22, 2010
    The more I play it, the more I wish I should've spent the money on a couple bags of Hot Cheetos. Now I'm playing it for the sake of playing it (at about 80% now, thank God it's almost over), and it's become more of a chore than ever.

Gameloft have developed new magical teflon-coated foam walls, able to absorb impact from a car coming in at 45 degrees at 300+ mph. Steering has insane amounts of lag, and as a result, make the cars feel like boats. This is the only racing game on the iOS where I've had to turn to touch controls because of how annoying the dead zone is.

AI? What AI? All I see is rubberbanding.

Sense is speed is pretty good, feels like you're going 120 mph. Then you look down and realize you're going 250 mph... ALL THE TIME.

Acceleration is a moot stat in this game (never though I'd say that for a racing game). Top speed is all you need, because that's where you spend over 98% of the race. Handling is optional, since you can ride the walls with little to no repercussions.

Car selection is pretty good, and that's the ONLY positive I have for this game. Engine sounds are completely inaccurate (and no, you can't blame this on "arcade" genre). Hoping to unlock the Cinque, but at 200 stars, it looks like I might have to go back and do a couple races over. Shit.

Is this game worth it? Definitely not. Worth 1.99 tops, Gameloft, you suck. I hope a completely different team tackles GT Racing 2.

And where the hell do I have to go to find non-chrome EVERYTHING?

EA's easily the better purchase for arcade racers, even without the .99 sale. RR2 just shows how far ahead it is in the racing genre. GT Racing: Motor Academy 2 can't come soon enough. RR2 needs some competition.

20. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #160 russiaone, Dec 22, 2010
    Could not disagree more with the above poster. I respect your opinion, but you had to have known what you were getting yourself into when you purchased A6 if you'd played any of the previous entries. A dramatic overhaul of the series I don't think anyone imagined we would receive.

I think what we got is a more polished, prettier Asphalt. And that's enough with me. I think it's the best racing game on the app store and, IMO, the best GAME on the app store.

I could do without the head on crashes, but the NPCs not driving on the wrong side of the road- I am. Rubberbanding? My favorite arcade racer on consoles is Motorstorm, where rubberbanding is what the game is all about. So that speaks volumes.

One thing I hate about the game is the lack of rearview mirror or minimap. Total outrageous they'd leave out something to let us know how far ahead we are or who's in back of us. Sad.

Anyway, we are all entitled to our opinions! TouchArcade gave Lara Croft bad marks, for pete's sake.