Universal Asphalt 7: Heat - (by Gameloft)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 20, 2012.

1. dexx0008

dexx0008 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    yikes i didn't think they could make fermium worse, whats this payme-um??

i'm think I'm officially done with gameloft. Luckily there are plenty of other developers to support.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

3. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Sanuku i notice that in the new iPad video there wasn't any shadow under the car.. It was like floating... Is this another new iPad failure from GL??? Did you notice any other differences like this between the two iPads?

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I think they call it "paymium". This is too much for me. I'll pass, even though the game looks fantastic. I'll stick to Pocket Planes, which is the only good freemium I've seen (along with Tiny Tower and Forever Drive).

5. phaustus

phaustus Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I did the math, and you can earn 50 stars in about 12 events without trying too much. That's gonna take you about an hour of playing... Not too sure why you consider that "hitting the IAP wall"... The first car of each tier is always unlocked, you get free previews every now and then, you pretty much never run out of money... I haven't found myself even wishing I had more stars, yet... YMMV I guess?

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Love Asphalt 6, but with the size and what sounds like may be a pretty horrific IAP system, I'm going to wait to hear more impressions.

Why can't it just be like the old days of paying $6.99 for something like this? Ughhh...

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#47 Sanuku, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    Already got in Contact with Gameloft and they are working on a fix.

8. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    #48 PLANET, Jun 20, 2012
    @Sanuku:

I think You're terribly wrong.

Earning stars does unlock things, but...

You don't actually LOSE the stars. They stay permanent on the account once you'll earn them.

In other words: You don't SPEND stars, you only gain them.
    The same way as it was in A6.

On the other hand: You DO earn cash and you DO spend it, losing it of course.
    Once the car is unlocked via a high enough star level (or winning the appriopriate cup) you can spend your in-game money to buy it, or buy upgrades for it.

To unlock the best possible car in the game (sadly, there is no Koenigsegg Agera R 2012, which is DAMN FASTER (both in accelaration and in maximum speed!), not to mention ONE F*CKIN' HELLUVA PRETTIER than Bugatti), that is Veyron Super Sport, you need 405 stars. That's probably the maximum (or close to maximum) star level you need to gain.
    That's about it.

Now am I right or am I right? : )

9. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Thanks for the answer... I think that GL and the new iPad is a cursed relationship!
    As for the iaps... So every time you upgrade a car you lose the stars... or is just a meter to the every upgrade level??? I mean you need 360 stars for every car or if you reach this limit you unlock the last upgrade level to every car you ll buy??

edit: PLANET answer my last question... Ok this is better!

10. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Oh BTW, the no-shadow bug is hilarious.

Talk about riding DeLorean with it ; )))

11. Torian

Torian Active Member

Jun 20, 2012
    If Planet is right then I'll gladly purchase this game, maybe even a few stars on the side to support GL, but if the stars are consumable only well I'll still get it but only buy up to 9 dollars worth of stars and no more :( Not paying 60 dollars+ for an iphone game lol.

12. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    hows the fps on retina ipad? from videos it looks choppy and around 30fps most of time.

13. phaustus

phaustus Member

Jun 20, 2012
    @Sanuku: sorry if I sounded condescending or anything, I actually forgot to mention that stars are actually a threshold, not a currency (thanks to PLANET for pointing it out!)

It would indeed be completely crazy if that's the way it worked : /

I'll admit I haven't done the whole math regarding the last unlocks (Bugatti is 405 stars? I guess that means you need to reach a very high rep level and earn most of the goals to get that, but I think it *IS* possible without ever buying any stars??).

I think the gameplay is pretty decent and they actually didn't make IAP feel necessary (at least to me) so, for 99 cents, that seems like very good bang for your buck...

There don't seem to be that many improvements, which is kind of a bummer, except for the tracker which seems promising (you can challenge your friends, post time records, etc.).

14. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    For dedicated players 405 stars shouldn't be a big problem.

Single player is just a step to "skip" to earn the best car & all its best upgrades for multiplayer, anyway ; )

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Would you consider it a big leap graphically from Asphalt 6?

16. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Don't you just love how 400 stars is a $100 IAP?

17. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    I lol'ed, thanks for the laugh xD
    At any rate, if Gameloft is releasing a game at a buck, you can be sure they're expecting a decent profit from IAPs. Usually Gameloft releases at 6.99 USD and drops later.

18. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#58 Sanuku, Jun 20, 2012
    What if Gameloft would sell a Game for 20-30 Dollar without that hole Freemium Content? Would you willing to pay for it that much if you would know that you don`have to invest even one more Dollar into it since you do actually already payed for the hole Game?

And yes in my Eyes Ubisoft/Gameloft should do exactly what Square/Enix does on the iOS Plattform.

iPad 2 = It does run sometimes choppy and the Frames do drop (iPad 2/5.1.1/ None JB)

New iPad = It does run fine without any Frames dropping out but does indeed have some Graphic Glitches that need to get fixed asap.

Note:

Gameloft is aware of the Bugs and already working to fix those.

No you didn`t sound condescending at all. You brought some valid Points into the discussion.
    Again the Gameplay is indeed pretty decent for an Arcade Racer and the Online Stuff does work pretty well as far as I can tell that after playing the Game for one Hour.

If Gameloft hadn`t added the Stars into the Game and had just kept the Dollars the Game would have been probably Perfect.

At least till Electronic Arts Need for Speed does hit the iTunes Store...

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I can already tell you that would be a baaaaad idea...

[​IMG]

but back on topic, I'll be interested to see how this runs on the latest and greatest iPods.

20. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Asphalt 7 probably uses the same upgrading system as #6. When you earn enough stars, you unlock upgrades and cars, then those upgrades are available for each car you have (though you have to purchase them for each car with ingame cash). You don't need to earn so many stars to unlock something for one car, then get that many stars again to unlock it for another car.