Universal Asphalt 7: Heat - (by Gameloft)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

yep, I'll upload some gameplay in just a bit

2. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    How are the IAPs?

3. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Get over it. The IAP is the same as in Asphalt 6, your only legit complaint is in the frame rate,and it's based off of one person's findings, who may have had 80 apps open and not restarted prior to playing. Geez, what a baby. It's a dollar.

4. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    #84 Jacob007, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    I never got A6 because I knew it was like all other Gameloft games: Buggy and flooded with IAPs. I'm going to take a chance with this one and get it after I see some gameplay, reviews, and thoughts on it. Whats holding me back is the IAPs and the file size. Before anyone gets pissed at me for complaining, I just want to say: It's Gameloft, what do you expect?

5. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Damn I hope the framerate in sanukos video is due to the retina resolution or the video encoding itself. :eek:

6. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Prepped iPhone 4 w 4.5 GB free
    iPad orig./4.2 GB free
    iPad 3/18.2 GB free

Three hours to go…

7. Der-Kleine

they haven't been necessary so far...

8. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Awesome! I might buy them to support the devs, but other than that, I'll try to steer clear (no pun intended) of them and actually play the game, not buy my way onto the leaderboards. I'm eager to try the new tracks & the multiplayer!

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The crashes look like they have no physics at all. Crashing from a 200+kmh run shows your car flipping and skidding about 2 ft.

Is this the way it is in all asphalt games? Forgot about it since it was eons ago when I deleted Asphalt 6.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Everyone keeps mentioning the 1.1 GB size, but does anyone know the real size of it installed?

11. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    If the IAP is like Asphalt 6, I won't have any problem with it, since I had a blast with Asphalt 6 without ever needing to buy IAP's...and didnt feel I was forced too. So I don't get why some of you are so frantic about it... Or maybe it's because I didn't care to own top tier cars like the Bugatti:rolleyes:

Anyway, looks like the game will cost in the UK 69p or £1.49, either way that's a bargain and will be an instabuy from me.

Will need to remove A6 from my iPad to free up some space.

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

While it`s true that there is iAP in the Game it`s not needed at All. I have played now the second Hour of the Game and after I had realized that the Stars are there to push your Upgrades there are not needed since the Difficulty of the Game is far lower then I had first expected.

Even if you don`t manage to match a Goal you still are getting a shitload of Asphalt 7 Dollar and a few Stars.

About those Stars:

Instead of forcing you Dollar/Stars the Game is allowing you to rent simple Cars if a Track does require those and since you are most of the Time earning a shitload of Asphalt 7 Dollars you can pretty much fart the Money out of your Pocket at any Time the Game does ask you for those Rents.

It`s true that those Asphalt 7 Stars aren`t consumed at any Moment of the Game and you are getting them for every freaking shit in the Game so even those 400+ for the Venom doesn`t seem that far away if you have played the Game a few Days

The Filesize isn`t a Problem. I usually prefer the Games even bigger so at least the Textures doesn`t look like some Shit and so far the Tracks of Asphalt 7: Heat do look pretty nice and I like those new Once a lot.

A Pain in my A** but since they are not needed you can simple ignore the Fact that they are even there at All.

Sorry to tell you but I have never running more then one App at the same Time since I don`t see a Reason why I should bother with running X at the same Time when those doesn`t take longer then a few Seconds to Load Up if I need them.

iPad 2 = The Framerate is 1:1 as in the Game.
    iPad 3 = Gameloft is aleady aware of it and they are working on it.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I know what's been said already about IAPs, but I still find it hard to believe that the system is just like it was in Asphalt 6. I never felt pressure to get IAPs in A6, but it was also originally a $6.99 game. If the same system is present, it's got to be a bit tougher and/or require more grinding. Otherwise, it makes no sense that they'd be pricing A7 at just $.99.

Either way, I'll be passing for a while as I just don't have the space. But will be interested to hear people's opinions as they get deeper into the game.

14. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm on the fence with this game. I'll have to make my decision once it comes out and I read some reviews, see some gameplay, etc.

15. Der-Kleine

And so that I don't have to retype what's in the video description here:

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #96 backtothis, Jun 20, 2012
    Can't say any of the releases coming out tonight interest me besides Asphalt 7. About time a new one came out..and only $0.99? Definitely picking this one up once it's live in the US. Looks sick.

Edit: I'd like to know the uncompressed file size as well.

17. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    For the people with A7, which is better: A7 or A6? I may stick with A6 and pass this one up.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    $.99 makes a lot of sense. Think this way: GL possibly sold x100 less games at $6.99 than when they set the price at $.99. Their way of thinking might be $.99x1m is far more than $6.99x10000 ($990,000 vs $69,900). I think it makes a lot of sense. What they might have not taken into account are:

1. People tired of GL's freemium policy.
    2. The size of the game.

I think they'll get excellent sales at $.99 even with these 2 handicaps.

19. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I don't think that they will sell x100 just because it's $ 99. If anyone is interested in this game he/she buys it for $ 6.99 or waits for a sale and pays $ 1,99

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #100 awp69, Jun 20, 2012
    I agree they'll probably get great sales. Just still makes you wonder if the IAP system is more heavily tilted towards making people want/need to get them.

EDIT: And, yes, I've read the posts saying they aren't needed...just saying it makes you wonder.